British Gas, Homecare 400 service not looking after my world

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4008 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We have been with British Gas Homecare 400, for 4yrs and in those 4 yrs only had to call them out for a leak from the toliet,..... that is until the last couple of weeks.

Words fail me as to how 3 different engineers found different faults yet failed to resolve the fault!

We haven't had to call them out before regarding our boiler and on via tmercentral heating as the boiler is just 3yrs old.

We found one morning that we had no heating or hot water and boiler was making loud banging noises, so booked an appointment for 5th April, well they didn't turn up for that one and could not offer an explanation to why no one turned up. Not impressed to start with.

15th April 1st engineer changed part in the cupboard in the bedroom where all the controls and water tank are, seemed to be working ..until the morning when due to come on via timer,boiler banging noises again radiator slighly warm thermostat no longer working.

19th April different engineer fitted yet another part upstairs in airing cupboard appeared to be working...until the morning Due to come on via timer. boiler banging noises again though we did have warm water no heating...then

25th April 3rd engineer identified blockage..went on his merry way..but guess what..Boiler banging louder than ever in the morning did not work when due to come on on the timer.

Booked 4th visit for tomorrow. Not holding out much hope.

I don't feel the cold as much as my husband who at 68yrs with poor circulation does.

I wonder if BG will run out of engineers before they fix our problem, we were hoping for peace of mind and not having to worry about central heating breakdowns...are we just unlucky? or is this typical for the British Gas, Homecare 400 service? ARGHHHHHHH !. Not looking after My World!

Edited by Conniff

If this one doesn't turn up, claim the premium back and hire a local plumber.

Yes we were thinking of having to get someone else in,i thought British Gas would be efficient and sort the problem promptly how wrong was i @ £32+ per month its alot of money for inadequate service.

Why not email the big man at the top and let him know how long you have been with them and your displeasure at the poor service. He might not be aware there is this problem.

[email protected] o.uk

Thankyou i will do that, Yes its a lot of money over the yrs British Gas quoted us £4000 for a new boiler a few yrs ago. They must be raking it in.

Raking it in certainly, take a trip to B&Q or Wickes and see the range and prices they have. We have had our boiler 6 years now and had no probs at all, cost at B&Q £600.

Edited by Conniff

Yes i can believe it, i looked up the boiler make & model that B Gas quoted £4000 for and it was approx £740 i know they have to py engineers wages but even so its a hell of a mark up!

BG looking after your world? i work for them.....they are an absolute ripoff and wouldnt let my worst enemy take out an insurance contract with them....as i now spend all day in customer service, a misnomer if i have ever heard of one..i listen in horror to hour after hour of people ringing to complain, from callouts which are cancelled to engineers who have finished the annual service, left and now the customer rings in with no heat or hot water..save your money guys, and pay an independent to turn up on time and do the job correctly

BG looking after your world? i work for them.....they are an absolute ripoff and wouldnt let my worst enemy take out an insurance contract with them....as i now spend all day in customer service, a misnomer if i have ever heard of one..i listen in horror to hour after hour of people ringing to complain, from callouts which are cancelled to engineers who have finished the annual service, left and now the customer rings in with no heat or hot water..save your money guys, and pay an independent to turn up on time and do the job correctly

WOW! This coming from someone who works for them, very damning indeed.

I'm waiting for them to turn up this afternoon i wonder what the 'diagnosis' will be today, either way i expect it won't work by the morning!

Will be getting quote from an independant engineer ,can't be any worse