Richardro

DVLA - Requisition Failure to notigy change of vehicle on 05/03/2012 **Withdrawn**

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2634 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I am new to the forum and have found my way here after a couple of Google searches.

I wonder if anyone has any experience with similar situations and would be able to offer some advice.

This morning I received a summons to appear at Sevenoaks Magistrates on the 21/05/2013 for Failure to notify change of keeper on motor vehicle (Reg no) on 05/03/2012.

I am a little bit confused by the summons for a number of reasons:

I have sold the vehicle but it was 2 months after the date of the offence - I have the ebay listing still in my account as proof

The DVLA evidence attached to the summons shows a vehicle disposal date of 05-03-2012

The Statement of Witness makes no mention of the offence date.

I can evidence I was the owner at the date of the alleged offence so it appears they are trying to summons me to appear in Magistrates court to answer why I did not change the ownership of a vehicle on a given date when in fact I was the owner and no transfer of ownership had taken place.

I hope this makes sense.

Any help or comment gratefully received,

Regards,

Richard

Did you do the change and notify DVLA when you did get rid of the car ?

Hi,

I most certainly did unfortunately I do not have any copies but the previous owner before me is a good friend and he witnessed me completing the paperwork and was with me when it was posted, I have spoken with him this morning and he is happy to complete an affidavit.

Just thought it would be a good idea to update this post following my visit to the Magistrates.

Arrived this morning at 9.15, reported to reception there were only 2 other people waiting. The DVLA prosecutor took me into an interview room.

DVLA Asked me if I returned the Log book? ME:Yes

DVLA: Did I get a receipt from the DVLA? ME: What do you mean a receipt?

A note from us confirming an application to change the vehicle ownership? ME: No recollection

ME: I sent you a notification of change of ownership and you claim you did not receive it. Yet you send me a document to confirm the change of ownership despite not receiving the logbook. DVLA: Hmmm. I think we need to take a view on this one. We withdraw.

What a waste of time.

Is it manatory to attend an interview prior to the trial ?

Is it manatory to attend an interview prior to the trial ?

No.

This is the DVLA chap testing the waters so he can avoid being castigated by the Magistrate if you have a reasonable defense.

Personally, having got that far, I would not give them the opportunity to withdraw but let the Magistrate decide - and watch DVLA squirm.

And maybe try to claim costs.

But good for you for standing up to the bullies. Well done.

Reasonable costs can still be claimed to include travel and any loss of earnings.

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS