• Tweets

• No, but all you'd do is blindly run the statute barred date for another 18 months. Just sit on your hands until you get a letter of claim, then send a CCA request.  
    • Just like last time, Evri requested more time so they have another 2 weeks
    • Just an update, finance company rejected my complaint saying they've found damage but can't tell when it's from even though I've shown them how the front end is misaligned in the advert photos compared to another identical model car they're selling.  Dealership now want to charge me to get the car brought back to me but will only discuss over the phone which seems off. They're also saying no damaged was picked up by JLR main dealership before I purchased it but my local JLR dealerships till this day haven't mentioned the damage to me because they don't go into stuff like that for some reason lol  Ombudsman case is still open, not sure if I should leave the car with them or just pay to have it brought back.
    • Hi all, I get esa and pip,  I have £1200 in arrears that I owed my ex partner, I have been paying £100 per month to clear this debt that was setup by standing order, as I have complex needs I forgot about this standing order and have overpaid mainternance by around £4000, I told CSA I am happy for my ex partner to keep overpayment I do not wish to seek anything back, however they have declined to take of the sum of £1200 and are still saying I owe this to my ex partner. In my second question it was announced that pip would stop for mental health, I don't understand the link below Disability benefits system to be reviewed as PM outlines "moral mission" to reform welfare - GOV.UK WWW.GOV.UK The Prime Minister has outlined a package of sweeping reforms to put work at the heart of welfare and... Does this mean my money is going to stop? I have spoken to my key worker and I am already recieveing help from mental health team and complex needs team along with connections and mind, I just don't get what is going on.
    • No, i haven't had one for about 10+ years. I am thinking of just going to the court in person and pay at the counter
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Sick certificates

MARONE
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4015 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

I hope starting this new topic I havent broken any rules, my big worry is my new GP who I registered with recently has refused to give me a certificate as she is insistent the rules have now changed. I have chronic back pain since having discectomy in Nov 2010 and also take very strong pain killers such as codeine phosphate (2x 30mg every 6 hours or every 4 if I am absolutely screaming in pain combined with neurophen and paracetamol)

Jan this year i was told my condition is caused by a degenerative disc disease so dont have a hope in hell of ever having my life back and was told by one of the doctors at pain management that the only thing they can offer me is an anterior spinal fusion, something that sounds horrific from what I have read, 75% of patients that have this are worse off.

My condition is such that I can only sit or stand for no more than 10 minutes and walk maybe 50-100 mtrs with rests in between. Plus I use a crutch and living in SW London I am scared to go out as I have had a few falls and people around here generally don't give two hoots if you have difficulty walking they just shove you out of the way crutch or no crutch.

To make a long story short I am receiving housing benefit, DLA (£20 for each component) and ESA, I have been put in limited capability to work group and in order to continue to receive payments for ESA have to give them medical certificates. The problem is my new GP -who was highly recommended by one of the other doctors at this practice. She outright refused my request for a new certificate for the reasons I put above, she didn't even bother to read my notes and it was only at the persistence of my best friend who also helps me with shopping and cleaning (i have no family or friends apart from him) that she gave me a form for 5 weeks. To make things worse she also cut my medication without giving me a good reason. I used to get a supply of months worth of tablets now she has only given me 28 of them and put instructed to take ONE ever four hours!

Again she obviously didn't care to read about my medical history and no matter how much I argued was not interested in what I thought. My blood test results showed my organs are fine and I am well aware that this medication I take is strong and I do control how much I take very well so either she thinks I am an addict despite her saying all tests look fine. She suggested I go swimming learn a trade go to the gym even pay for private pilates class which is funny because as I dont work and rely on ESA how the hell does she expect me to pay for these let alone try to live? I have tried all the excercises possible with the physios and again she was not interested in my telling her how much I tried to improve my condition.

She really was unpleasant a horrible horrible woman.

My question is can I do something about this, I want to work but my pain prevents me from doing much at all, I have no friends apart from this one that helps me out when Im really stuck, he phoned the DWP and was told by them there should be no reason she is doing this and we should contest her decision and demand to know EXACTLY why shes taken it upon her self to behave like this. I also want to know if its possible to register in another GP despite not being in their cachment area. I regret changing to this new one as my old one new all my medical history, the problem was that I no longer live in their area and from where I am its six miles away which in my condition was a nightmare to get to and getting cabs there is very expensive as I am living hand to mouth. If it wasnt for my friend helping me out sometimes with cab fares i really don't know what would become of me.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated and again I apologise for the length of this post

Marone

Hi Marone,

Sorry to hear you are having a rough time with the GP, there's one like her at my surgery and I refuse point blank to see him, and as such the GP I do see now is lovely.... Could you not see another doctor at the practice?

I do not have any expert knowledge on ESA, but have found out myself today, that if you've passed the assessment stage and in a group you don't need to supply fit (sick) notes to the DWP - I'm sure I'll be corrected if I've got that wrong or misunderstood you (which isn't hard for me) :-)

Lastly I used to live in SW London, and my GP practice was very good (apart from a couple of receptionists who can be a bit rude) I don't really want to broadcast my details on an open forum, but if you want to send me a pm, letting me know what area you live in, my old GP practice might be close enough to you.

Keep your chin up

Up2

I'm confused. I presume, from your post, that you've been put in the WRAG group. If so, then you don't need to send in (un)fit notes. These are only for the assessment phase or if you are appealing a failed WCA.

Hi Marone,

Sorry to hear you are having a rough time with the GP, there's one like her at my surgery and I refuse point blank to see him, and as such the GP I do see now is lovely.... Could you not see another doctor at the practice?

I do not have any expert knowledge on ESA, but have found out myself today, that if you've passed the assessment stage and in a group you don't need to supply fit (sick) notes to the DWP - I'm sure I'll be corrected if I've got that wrong or misunderstood you (which isn't hard for me) :-)

Lastly I used to live in SW London, and my GP practice was very good (apart from a couple of receptionists who can be a bit rude) I don't really want to broadcast my details on an open forum, but if you want to send me a pm, letting me know what area you live in, my old GP practice might be close enough to you.

Keep your chin up

Up2

Hello Up2

Thank you for the reply if you could pm me any info you may have please I would be most grateful, I'm going to see the doc who recommended I see this nasty doctor, he seemed to be quite sympathetic so hopefully he might be willing to listen. If not I'm going to tell him to get stuffed and walk out, I am sick and tired of being spoken to in a disrespectful manner. I'm a 44 year old woman and have worked my behind off before I developed this and it's partly through overworking that led to my condition it's not my fault. If it helps I'm in the SW16 area close to Croydon.

Thanks again

Marone

Dear raeuk

I do believe it is the Work Related Activity Group, yes that's the group I'm in. I've already had my assessment over a year and a bit ago and was placed in this group ( I just checked the letters from the DWP)

The only nice doc in the practice advised i appeal to be put in the other group, the support group and offered to help fill out the form. I had no idea this was possible to be honest but what you're telling me is the first I've heard of it, that I don't need to go begging the doctor for a "fit" note? Would you please reconfirm that

Thanks again

Marone

Sounds like 6 of 1 half a dozen of the other tbf with the GP.

You're after a Med Cert she does not have to supply so....

As for the medication issue your 1st port of call with any issue is the practice manager.

Ask politely in a letter for an explanation of why your meds have been dropped! If still unhappy request mediation and/or a second opinion on this from a 2nd GP via the practice manager.

I'm confused. I presume, from your post, that you've been put in the WRAG group. If so, then you don't need to send in (un)fit notes. These are only for the assessment phase or if you are appealing a failed WCA.

I better call DWP to tell them as they don't seem to have a clue, I had no idea thank you for letting me know!

Regards

marone

Sounds like 6 of 1 half a dozen of the other tbf with the GP.

You're after a Med Cert she does not have to supply so....

As for the medication issue your 1st port of call with any issue is the practice manager.

Ask politely in a letter for an explanation of why your meds have been dropped! If still unhappy request mediation and/or a second opinion on this from a 2nd GP via the practice manager.

I certainly will, thanks for the info!

Regards

Marone

If you're in the WRAG group you do not need to provide 'fit notes', even if appealling to be in the support group.

Thank you for the info!

Regards

Marone

No they didn't say a thing so I will chase them up on Monday!

Thank you and thank you all for the advice seriously

Best wishes and kind regards

Marone