Scott and co

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4006 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone help me please

I got a visit from Scott and co last year saying I owe 3000 to Aberdeen city council,

they couldn't tell me why or how the debt arose they just had a figure.

Obviously I couldn't pay that right there so I set up an agreement and paid them for most of last year and a bit of this year.

I have recently learned about debts being statue barred after six years and they called me recently

so i asked them the date of the debt ant it is from 1994- 1996 and I never found out about the debt or had any contact about it till last year,

how does this affect me a and do I still have to pay it.

Also my partner owes 400 pound council tax and has been hounded by Scott and co who have sent out sheriff officers to the door

after cancelling her payment agreement and refusing to give her a new one until she tells them how much I am earning so they can tell us what we will pay them.

Am I right in thinking they can't ask for this information and what are our opens on this too.

Thanks for any help giving.

on both debts you need to be paying the COUNCIL directly

that stops scott & co levying 'suspect' fees

pers i'd do the following for both debts:

if you can pay you should be paying the council

direct via your internet banking site

never ever pay a bailiff.

Here is something to be getting on with. First of all establish from the Council how much was owing etc You need to speak to someone at the Council and ask the following questions:

1 - how many Liability Orders they have against you

2 - the dates they were obtained

3 - the addresses they were for

4 - the period of time each covers

5 - how much each one was for

6 - how much is still outstanding

7 - the dates they were passed on for enforcement

8 - the dates & amounts of any payments

Next you need to send off for a breakdown of the charges the Bailiff applied. Here's an example, use and adapt at will and best sent initially by email backed up by a copy in the post.

"From:

My Name

My Address

To:

Acme Bailiff Co

Bailiff House

Ref: Account No: 123456

Dear Sir

With reference to the above account, Can you please provide me with a breakdown of the charges.

This includes:

a - the time & date of any Bailiff action that incurred a Fee.

b - the reason for the fee.

c - the name(s) of the Bailiff(s) that attended on each occasion a Fee was charged.

d - the name(s) of the Court(s) the Bailiff(s) was/were Certificated at.

e - the date of the Certification.

This is not a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act S7 1998 so does not incur a fee of £10. You are obliged to provide this information.

I require this information within 14 days.

Yours faithfully

Ripped off customer"

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The op is in Aberdeen no bailiffs sheriff officers

Thread moved to Dealing with Debt in Scotland Forum,

It sounds like your debt is for Council Tax, Scott and Co can't expect you to pay a debt you know nothing about, phone them and ask them.

If it is Council Tax it does not become Statute Barred, you should have had letters from the Council regarding this, I think they can chase the debt for 20 years.

Are you staying at the same address you did in 1994-1996.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Be careful here, Sheriff Officers have far reaching powers once a Summary Warrant has been granted, if you do not make an acceptable offer they will almost certainly arrest wages or bank account (first £415.00 ring fenced) They can in many cases track an employer through information that has been provided to a local authority (registration at an address or benefit claim) It is not uncommon in the case of a home owner for them to inhibit (take a charge over the property.

A further point surrounds the fact that couples living together have joint and several liability.

I will look into the debt more and ask the council about it. I am no longer at same address but have lived at my new one for about 5 years with my partner and it is a joint council tenancy. Also my partner phoned up Scott and co today for her debt and was told that have sent out an epxpenditure form and she must fill it in and send it back and they will decide how much we pay back otherwise they will not set up an agreement and we shall be open to further action, can they do this I thought only courts could ask for expenditure.

Agreed with croc, if its in the hands of the SO's then complete an i and e does not HAVE to be theirs you can do you own but best all the same.

If you do not come to an arrangement on the debts then more than likely they will apply for a wages arrestment.

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)