Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2778 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

Have searched but have an unclear understanding of the signs in parking restriction areas.

If a designated parking area is marked with a rectangle box, parallel to the pavement: Môn-sat 9.30 -4pm 30 min parking no return 30 min

My question is, what are requirements for the local authority to place signs in that area? The marked area in question can fit approx 20 cars. Currently there is a sign at the beginning of the bay and another ¾ down the marked area.

I parked my vehicle at the end of the bay and just exceeded the 30 min parking time and was issued with a pcn.

I wanted to challenge this pcn on the grounds that a sign was not erected at the end of the marked area and was not aware of the restriction (which is truly the fact).the nearest sign to the end of the bay is 21 mtr away

I have read in posts that signs need to be erected at each end of the box area (or where the line turns in to the pavement (L shape).can someone shed some light on this and any links to the legislation.

Thanks in advance

AFAIK the sign should be no more than 15 metres from any point within that bay. ie a bay of less than 30 metres only needs 1 sign at the midway point. Over 30 metres needs at least 2 signs.

AFAIK the sign should be no more than 15 metres from any point within that bay. ie a bay of less than 30 metres only needs 1 sign at the midway point. Over 30 metres needs at least 2 signs.

The area is approx 70 mtr in length with only 2 signs erected, first about 10 meter from start of bay down and second 40 mtr down from start of bay, leaving the last 20 mtr bay with no signs. It seems i will have to go for the discounted fine if paid within 14 days