Landlord has not put deposit in a scheme and no gas safety certificate either

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4013 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All, i have lived in a property for 7 weeks now, i paid £595.00 deposit and £595.00 rent in advance.and was told the annual gas safety check was at the end of the month which would have been 3 weeks after we moved in,upon moving in there was a glass placed under the combi boiler to catch a "drip of water" which steadily got worse,anyway the end of the month came and went and still no plumber.I asked the landlord what was happening and was told the plumber was busy, this went on until last week

a week ago the boiler stopped working altogether, i called the landlord who informed me they would get it sorted. they waited 5 days to call a plumber, who arrived yesterday, wiring not carried out by a proffessional was found inside and the boiler was not "room sealed" correctly, at this point i should say im epileptic and my fits have increased since living here. I asked the landlord to see the gas safety certificate which was in place when i moved in to which i got no reply, it turns out they didnt have one at all, the plumber is coming back today to sort the boiler so until he does i have no idea whether it was leaking CM. i have also asked about details of the rent deposit scheme to which i have also had no reply, i strongly suspect that my deposit has been used to pay their mortgage as the landlords lived in the property for 3 months prior to us moving in, the landlord was trying to get me to move in 3 days before i wanted to, and i stuck to my original date, they then said i had to pay the rent 4 days early to allow it to clear, which leads me to believe the mortgage is due 3 days before my rent, hence my bgelief they used my deposit to pay their mortgage, now the landlord has tried to say it must have been the previous tennant who got somone to bodge the boiler! and they didnt know until now, although how they know now i dont know and they cant explain, i feel really angry that they have let myself and my children stay in a property which is potentially unsafe, what should i do?

thanks in advances

Stewart McLean

Forget deposit protection for moment. Concentrate on GSC and be avail to allow entry by appointment.

LL should have made valid GSC and current EPC avail for inspection by day of signing AST. GSC is the most important, but does not cover servicing boiler, only safety. (bit like MOT).

Demand to see any boiler engineer's GasSafe ID before allowing work to continue. It can then be checked on GasSafe website. Once GSC is completed he should send 1 copy to LL, leave you the T copy, stays with property when you vacate, an d retain 1 copy for his records.

If you are concerned about your health & CO, buy a battery operated CO monitor (£20) and mount in your or kids bedroom

mariner51 has given you some excellent advice.

Please concentrate on the Gas Safety Certificate as said that is the important issue at the moment.

Always make sure whenever anyone sent by the Landlord/Agency to work on anything that is GAS in the property they have to be Gas Safety Registered and must carry a Gas Safety Register ID Card which they must produce on you asking to see their ID.

This is a link to the Gas Safety Register website: http://www.gassaferegister.co.uk/

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group