work programe sending me on construction course

bcham
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3986 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i think my adviser is stuck what to do with me as, i cant seem to get any job i apply for,

i think when they read my cv history and find out how old i am,they just bin the cv,as i apply for around 20 jobs a week,

and have been doing so for the last 2 years,and never get any interviews or reply's back.only thing is i dont even want to do tiling or plastering but feel pressured in to it by my adviser.

only thing is i dont even want to do tiling or plastering but feel pressured in to it by my adviser.

Go back to your "adviser" and ask:

• Does this course provide any recognised qualifications at the end of it ?
  • Will I get a free CSCS card ?
  • What local vacancies have you identified that this course would qualify me to apply for ?

If you don't feel the course will give you recognised skills that will actually help in getting a job, put the ball back in their court to justify your attendance.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

When they talk about a course it is usually just learning the health and safety side of it with pointless videos, quizzes and jobsearch etc.. They never have any courses which you learn actual skills that will make employers interested in you and get you a job. You will get a pointless certificate at the end of it which means nada. I'd jump at the chance to learn the tiling but there are places you can sign up to learn skimming and tiling anyway if you are interested in doing odd jobs to earn money rather than sign on. If it is an actual course let me know. I will eat my hat!

Go back to your "adviser" and ask:

• Does this course provide any recognised qualifications at the end of it ?
  • Will I get a free CSCS card ?
  • What local vacancies have you identified that this course would qualify me to apply for ?

If you don't feel the course will give you recognised skills that will actually help in getting a job, put the ball back in their court to justify your attendance.

my adviser thinks it will help get me a job as a caretaker,?

hi,today i did my fortnightly visit to the work program,my adviser said i need to get some new skills,to have a better chance at getting a job,i am 55 years old and not very fit (beer belly)

any way she said i need to go on this 10 weeks construction course,consists of tiling ,plastering, bricklaying ,do you think i am to old to start learning these trades ,as i have only done ware house work in the past,she said go home and think about it,and we will discuss it next time i go,

I've just noticed this thread.

What's on offer? A course, totally free of charge, to learn the basics of tiling, plastering and bricklaying!

I think mosy guys would jump at the chance to improve on their DIY skills especially with these three skills especially when the government are paying for it. Being proficient in all three would cut the cost of building your own home by at least 50%.

If I could, I would be the first in the queue.

What's on offer? A course, totally free of charge, to learn the basics of tiling, plastering and bricklaying!

I think mosy guys would jump at the chance to improve on their DIY skills especially with these three skills especially when the government are paying for it. Being proficient in all three would cut the cost of building your own home by at least 50%.

Yeah, the main advantage in this 20 day course is that the OP could save money building his own house. :roll:

That's not a helpful post.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Being proficient in all three
Which isn't going to happen on a 20 day course.

Would cut the cost of building your own home by at least 50%.

According to what measure? You have conveniently missed out carpenters, electricians, plumbers, roofers, ground workers. the list goes on.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.