• Tweets

• Better version attached with the late appeal explained more clearly for the judge. This will sound silly, but I think it would be a good idea to e-mail it to the court and UKPC on Sunday.  It's probably me being daft, but Sunday is still March, and as it's late, sending it in March rather than April will make it sound like it was less late than it really is.  if you get my drift. You can still pop in a paper version on Tuesday if you want. E-mail address for the court: [email protected] And for UKPC: [email protected]   [email protected] Defendant WS.pdf
    • Update 15th March the eviction notice period expired, and I paid my next month rent along with sending them the message discussed above. After a short while they just emailed me back this dry phrase "Thank you for your email." In two weeks' time I'm gonna need to pay the rent again, and I have such a feeling that shortly after that date the contracts will be exchanged and all the payments will be made.  Now my main concern is, if possible, not to end up paying rent after I move out.  
    • they cant 'take away' anything, what ever makes you believe that?  dx  
    • The text on the N1SDT Claim Form 1.The claim is for breaching the terms and conditions set on private land. 2. The defendant's vehicle, NumberPlate, was identified in the Leeds Bradford Airport Roadways on the 28/07/2023 in breach of the advertised terms and conditions; namely Stopping in a zone where stopping is prohibited 3.At all material times the Defendant was the registered keeper and/or driver. 4. The terms and conditions upon  entering private land were clearly displayed at the entrance and in prominent locations 5. The sign was the offer and the act of entering private land was the acceptance of the offer hereby entering into a contract by conduct. 6.The signs specifically detail the terms and conditions and the consequences of failure to comply,  namely a parking charge notice will be issued, and the Defendant has failed to settle the outstanding liability. 7.The claimant seeks the recovery of the parking charge notice, contractual costs and interest.   This is what I am thinking of for the wording of my defence The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and are generic in nature which fails to comply with CPR 16.4. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made. 1. Paragraph 1 is denied. It is denied that the Defendant ever entered into a contract to breach any terms and conditions of the stated private land. 2. Paragraph 2 and 4 are denied. As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance. The Claimant was only contracted to provide car park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the car park is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner. 3. It is admitted that Defendant is the recorded keeper of the vehicle. 4.  Paragraph 6 is denied the claimant has yet to evidence that their contract with the landowner supersedes  Leeds Bradford airport byelaws. Further it is denied that the Claimant’s signage is capable of creating a legally binding contract. 5. Paragraph 7 is denied, there are no contractual costs and interest cannot be accrued on a speculative charge.   I'm not sure whether point 4 is correct as I think this side road is not covered by byelaws? Any other suggestions/corrections would be appreciated.
    • Dear EVRi parcelnet LTD t/a evri   evri parcelnet isnt a thing also you say defendant's response which is a bit of a weird format.   Something like   Dear EVRi, Claim no xxxx In your defence you said you could not access tracking. Please see attached receipt and label Regards
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Advice re 3 mobile

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3987 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm asking this on behalf of my daughter. It's quite a long history, so you might need to sit down with a cuppa if you can get through it all.

We really need some help and advice on this matter because we're banging our heads against a brick wall.

My daughter got 3 mobile and mobile broadband in August 2011. She gave 3 my home phone number until her phone connection was up and running, everything was fine. She gave them my phone number and address as she was moving away to university shortly.

Then she moved away from the area in September 2011 to start her second year at university, and asked 3 to now remove my details from their files, gave them her new address, and they already had her mobile phone which was working just fine... right up until she moved into her student home - a home which, according to the 3 connectivity page, had good connections. It had none whatsoever. The only connection she could get was if she walked to the nearest KFC half a mile away and went onto their wifi, or climbed over the 6ft tall back fence of her property, across a college field and right into the furthest corner of it - no matter how bad the weather conditions were, how dark it was, how much dog mess she walked through, and that's the only way she could get any signal to get in touch with anyone. Even then, it would cut out 3 or 4 times every minute until she became so frustrated that she was often in tears. At one point, she fell seriously ill, and had to wait for a housemate to come home from their university lectures so they could run to the nearest phone box (they were with a different mobile phone company, but also had zero mobile connectivity) to ring for an ambulance.

She contacted 3 through their webform to explain that since her move, she was no longer able to get the connectivity she was paying for so her mobile and mobile broadband were unusable and she therefore had no use for them. This was in September 2011.

3 wrote to her and asked her to ring or email them. She wrote back and explained she couldn't because clearly she had no signal for her mobile phone or mobile broadband so she'd put the cancellation request in writing. This happened a few times. 3's only response was letter after letter telling her to ring them. Impossible with no mobile phone signal or mobile broadband. The last thing she wanted anyway was to ring them to cancel and have them giving her the hard sell to try and force her to change her mind.

This went on for another 9 months. She'd kept paying by direct debit for the service she wasn't getting, then decided enough was enough so she gave them advance warning she was going to stop paying them. By this point I think she had cancelled in writing at least 3 or 4 times, but probably more.

Next thing was I got a phone call at my home from 3 threatening my daughter with court, bailiffs, legal action. I explained she hadn't lived here for 10 months. Didn't stop me getting call after call from 3, up to 5 or 6 times a day. I asked them to remove my phone number and address from their system and they promised they would.

A month or so later, there was a debt collection company letter sent to my home (Credit Solutions Limited), for my daughter, despite the fact my daughter by then had not been living her for over a year. I explained this to them in writing, and explained the issue to them in full, and the debt collection company backed off.

3, however, continued to harass me by phone trying to get hold of my daughter (where she did not live, and they knew this) 7 days a week, anywhere between 8am and 10pm. They still sent threatening letters to my address for my daughter. Each time I responded to them what my daughter's issue was, how many times she had cancelled the contract in writing etc. All they did was demand she paid the two payments she had stopped and asked me to get a letter signed by my daughter, saying I had authority to speak for my daughter if she was mentally disabled!:| It wasn't my daughter I was speaking for, it was to stop the threats of debt collection, court and bailiffs to MY home, where my daughter had not lived for over a year. Yet still the pestering continued.

So on a 12 month contract, she'd paid for 10 months of service she had never received more than a week or two weeks of, before moving house, and because she had been refusing to pay for the final two months of it.

Then last month, 18 months after my daughter first asked 3 to cancel the mobile and mobile broadband, I got a letter for my daughter at my address from a second debt collection company, this time the company was called Past Due Credit Solutions. I wrote to them and explained my daughter did not live here, and hadn't done so for 18 months. I sent a copy of everything to them, and to 3 also. They told me I wasn't allowed to speak "for" my daughter without filling in forms so say she was mentally deficient and I was her carer :|. I told them I was speaking as the owner of the property they were threatening to send court letters and bailiffs to, and had already set two debt collection companies onto. I contacted 3 in writing and got the same response - they couldn't talk about it to me unless my daughter had given me her permission, but this was to MY home and MY phone number! :mad2:

The second debt collection company then apologised and say they have now removed my details from their files.

By this time, the Ombudsman said in a letter that they would do nothing as more than 9 months had passed thanks to 3's stalling techniques. They gave us no suggestions as to where we could go next for help.

We found limited advice online, which said we needed to get everything in writing, never speak to them on the phone, by webform or email, and that my daughter needed a deadlock letter. So my daughter explained this to 3 in writing and asked for the deadlock letter.

So far, no sign of a deadlock letter.

We tried to get to talk to the CAB, but they refuse to see anyone unless they have an actual court date, because they don't have enough staff except to deal with the most serious cases involving court.

However, since yesterday, I've had around 8 phone calls to my home from 3 asking for my daughter to ring them. That's despite the fact they said they'd removed my details from their system over 6 months ago. And again, threats of court, debt collectors, bailiffs etc. Yet again, me painstakingly explaining my daughter has not lived at my home for over 18 months, and again, asking them to remove my details and phone number from my database. And yet, here we are today, 3 more threatening phone calls to my home from 3 today so far. I refuse to pass on my daughter's mobile phone number (she is with another network now, one who actually have a mobile phone signal) because of the fact that 3 have refused to resolve this matter in writing, and my daughter has refused to speak to them on the phone, in line with advice everyone has given her.

Where does my daughter go now and what can she do next? How does she get these idiots off her back? How can she stop them ruining her credit record like this?

How do I get these ***expletive** idiots at 3 to stop them making threatening phone calls to my ex-directory phone, and giving my address to debt collectors for them to send threats to my home where my daughter hasn't lived since September 2011? We don't have cash to throw around in a small claims court, or to send 3 solicitors letters or anything like that, to stop the harassment.

All we want is for 3 to stop hassling us. My daughter doesn't even care if she gets back any of the 10 months she paid 3 for almost zero connectivity because she is at the end of her tether with them, as am I.

It is clearly deadlocked since the day she moved home and found she had zero connectivity, as 3 have refused to deal with this issue in writing, and both myself and my daughter are only prepared to deal with 3 in writing because of the dreadful way this is being handled by 3. My daughter has cancelled in writing at least 7 or 8 times now.

So, if anyone has read this far and can offer any advice before we both tear our hair out, that would be great. Please help!

The simple answer is that coverage plays no part of the contract. If your daughter moves and does not get coverage, it's unfortunate, but does not allow for cancelation.

What was the minimum term on this contract?

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Damage limitation time. For non-payment they will have black marked your daughters credit file. She now needs to negotiate repaying some / all of the figure for the 12 months, but only do so under the understanding that they clear your daughters credit file.

[email protected] is the CEO. Try emailing him, explain giving less detail to above, try using bullet points at key dates that you tried to cancel, just to keep it brief.

Your aim is to get your daughters credit file corrected, treat this as a negotiation. Keep in mind that they are not going to do anything further detrimental, so their threats are empty, but you want to gain something and they want to gain payment. Lets see if diplomacy can get a fair result for you :)

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

Thanks for that. Not really what I was hoping to hear though.

My daughter feels misled because the only reason she took out a contract with 3 was because they stated they had coverage in the area she was moving to, and it still claims that even now on the website even though there clearly isn't coverage. You'd have thought a major city centre would have had better coverage!

The Citizens Advice Bureau booklet we got says "If you think the contract was mis-sold to you on the promise of good network coverage, you should complain." which is what my daughter spent 9 months doing.

I had hoped it could be dealt with using then Prescott v Orange case model.

We'll try the David Dyson option and see where that gets us.

coverage is always hard to predict. Building materials can hamper the signal.

In your place I would have only 1 concern, and that is your daughters credit rating... if that is shot for 6 years it will be a lot less pain to pay them off and grin and bear it (even if it is through grated teeth)

Start your haggling process at £0, but think of how much stress and worry you are going to suffer

My points to get across to the CEO in your position would be:

1st you asked to cancel, and were not sent a final bill and a bill for terminating a contract early should have a discount.

2nd you had no coverage in a place that they stated they provided coverage, which was the basis of your daughter taking this contract

3rd you feel very messed around, and have spent a lot of time trying to resolve this.

4th you want something fair for all parties involved.

to

C.A.G. Toolbar