sse not playing ball.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3999 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi,

ive been in my home now for few months

When I first moved in I did whats were ment to. called up Scottish power (my choice) to get the gas and elec sorted out in my name.

Not that easy, got the gas sorted out no probs and they are my supplier.

However they then state that SSE (Scottish hydro) are the ones that have the electric and wont swap over due to past debt.

but ive never been with them.

so I then get 2 letters both from sse.

But one is addressed to a Mrs A S????. And the other is for The council. confused to say the least.

especially as both bilss are the same time period but complete different amounts.

call them up to inform them of this issue.

and that I have moved in and want sp to take my elec.

says I need to join them 1st then do a switch.

ok then here is my readings for the elec. and also my details (name etc)

Couple of weeks pass and in pops a new bill from sse.

but not in my name nor the past 2.

but a new 1 altogether.

called again but have had no joy still the same.

then they (sse) show up at my home unexpectedly. but im not home as I happen to work.

the guy pops a letter thru the door to say they had been out. but as I wasn't in im being billed £47.50 + vat.

still they use the wrong name.

What can I do to resolve this and can they just show up unplanned and bill me?

cheers

I have tweeted this post to SSE custmer service.

If they don't respond, then we will help you take the necessary action to force them to respond.

Start making a full note of everything that has happened so far and keep it up to date.

Well SSE have responded with a tweet - but they seem to be reluctant to come here and engage with you.

I suggest that you make the note which I have suggested and prepare to make a formal complaint.

It would be very easy to make a small claim in the county court - and once you did, they would start to take notice and to treat you with respect.

I notice that SSA were in the news about mis-selling recently - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-22164039

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-22164991

Seems that Mis-selling is the only thing they are enthusiastic about

• 3 weeks later...

Well wee update on this.

On Monday got a termination letter. informing me that they will be removing the supply of power.

So I wrote an email explaining everything ive mentioned here. Also pointed out I will not be calling them as that option has done nothing. So im keeping a record of contact via email.

That was sent on the Monday aswell. almost a week has passed and not one person has responded to my complaint.

So Ofgem is the next call if not heard buy tomorrow.