• Tweets

• I spoke to a pro-bono entity this afternoon.  They advise I must initiate a claim in the court v the receiver if I want to then file an application for an order for sale.  I must have a claim/ proceedings to be able to force a sale. The judge in the current proceedings  has told me that I cannot force the lender to sell and the lender cannot interfere either.   If the receiver isn't acting correctly and isn't selling - this means I must make a claim against the receiver
    • Thanks Dave It's not too far away, about 8 or 9 miles, so I will probably venture over on my bike if I can't think of a good reason to drive there again! I'll have a chat with Mrs GB_Joe tomorrow and see which shops they visited, I know M&S was on the list (had to try on multiple sets of trousers!) and they are actually in that bit of retail park. The uniform shop is across the way in the Meridian Centre, so probably not helpful to get them involved.
    • As they have failed to deliver their original PCN you will need to send them an SAR where they should provide that PCN. It should show the address they used . If it is not your current one that would explain the non delivery. If it was correct then perhaps the Post office messed up. A more cynical view would be that UKPC didn't send it so that you couldn't claim the reduction. It appears that UKPC have been there for some time  but I have been unable to find any pictures of their Notices.The leisure park itself is pretty big so while some parts maybe give 5 hours free parking other parts may have restrictions like permits. I haven't been there for years -I went  to Nandos and the bowling centre . I am surprised that they are now infested with UKPC as the place is plenty big enough not to require their dubious services. If you live not to far away it would help if you could get some legible pictures of their signs. Be carful to park in an area that doesn't require a permit and take photos of the entrance signs, the five hour sign and the permit only sign as well as any other signs that are different from the previous signs. Also if their is a payment machine could you please photograph that.
    • This other entity doesn't know what's going on.  To be clear I had huge equity.  No-one would ever expect a lender to erode all my equity.  The question is - if anyone knows the legal answer - on the basis they have a charging order - could they make an application for an order for sale?  
    • Is this place near to you? I ask for two reasons. If you can easily go back, then get photos of the signs.  On GM and Parkopedia there are various comments about the signs being pants. Also go back to the school uniform shop and ask the manager there for contact details for the retail park (which I've Googled & Googled and got nowhere).  The school uniform shop will just be tenants of the retail park, they won't be able to do anything.  It will be the retail park that called EPC in, and we've seen loads of cases where the organ grinder has intervened and called off the monkey.  As for EPC, aye, ignore them until LoC stage.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Reppossesion Help Urgently needed - **Successful Outcome **

Lola26
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3963 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

eviction date due tomorrow 26/4 tried speaking to lender (2nd mortgage) to no avail, not willing to help in any way. they want full arrears paying before they will even take a payment. what can I do, have had eviction date suspended before, original payment was 75 per month at last hearing judge ordered me to pay 250.00 extra on top but a one off payment of 1,000.00 which Kensington wanted. Kensington will not just take the monthly payment plus agreed arrears until I pay the 1,000.00 which I haven't got and cant raise. when you call them (on a daily basis) you get passed from pillar to post and every time they wont accept payment until they have the 1,000.00 - am at wits end, cant sleep HELP ....

Edited by Lola26

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear you have all this worry Lola. You could go to court to challenge the eviction but of course you are dreadfully short of time. I am guessing it might just still be possible - what time is the eviction set for tomorrow?

Sorry to hear you have all this worry Lola. You could go to court to challenge the eviction but of course you are dreadfully short of time. I am guessing it might just still be possible - what time is the eviction set for tomorrow?

Its at 11am filled out the N244 at the courts now am at wits end

Kensington won't take the monthly payment at all (why?) Paying the agreed monthly amount is surely better than nothing and in the meantime adding charges just don't know what to do or where to turn

Ell-enn is not online right now but I have asked Lea to come over and she is brilliant too.

Hang in there.

Thanks for the support submitted the form to the court and paid our fee have a hearing tomorrow at 10am any advice or information I can take with me would be greatly appreciated (new to the forum so getting used to how it works) didn't know it existed but glad it does!!!

I'm sorry none of the experts are around right now, but I've had a look at another thread and the judge can order that the arrears can be paid over the length of the mortgage and there is case law to back this up.

Have to go to school right now, but hope you will have some help by the time I get back.

I am sure someone will be here later on today when their day jobs have finished.

Are you offering to the full monthly payment plus something off the arrears ?

How long does the mortgage have to run ?

So it is Kensington who is refusing to accept the payments ordered by the Judge ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Lola if it is any help I know exactly how you feel. Can you tell us a little of the situation?

Bear in mind that judges are much nicer people than mortgage companies or their solicitors and eviction is only a last resort where there is no hope of the borrower ever getting on top of things again.

How many months are you in arrears? Do you have young children or dependant adults living with you?

It seems odd that your repayment went up from £75 to £250 - what was the thinking on that? I am paying an extra £250 and it is crippling me. I wish I had pushed for less, but in the heat of the moment we would agree to anything to keep our home.

BornThisWay: you can apply to the court for a variation of the order if it is financially difficult for you to keep to it.

Lola26: How many payments of the CMI plus amount towards the arrears did you miss first time around? How many have you missed this time around? How many stay applications have you made in the past (is this the second)? When was the original possession order suspended and how much were the arrears at that time? How much is the outstanding loan? How much are the arrears (ensure they are only arrears and not charges)? Do you have any other loans secured on the property and if yes, are you in arrears there too? How much is outstanding on any other loans? How much is the property worth?

The answers to the questions will allow me to see what a judge might think of the situation and at least that way you can go to court tomorrow prepared for the likely outcome, rather than spending the night worrying.

Are you in a position to pay the CMI plus something towards the arrears? How much can you reasonably afford? How many years and months (exactly) are there left on the loan?

• Haha 1

Desperate Danielle, sorry for not responding sooner (had to get out and get some air and clear the head .) is the case law you are referring to CMG vs Norgan Case Law 1996 in relation to the arrears being paid over the term of the mortgage (which for Kensington there is 154 months!! The court order was an extra 250.00 per month plus the £75.00 original repayment meaning that the arrears would be paid of in 40 months !! we have never had a breakdown of costs, interest or payments missed despite continued requests. So i.e amount owing £10,746.42 we have no idea how they have got to this figure, I'm no maths genius but this would equate to around 10 years missed payments ( we haven't had the loan for that long, around 2008...) original mortgage is due to finish around 2026

Do you have a copy of the N244 you submitted to the court today? what did you put in Q.10 of the form ?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

we were in arrears with first mortgage (main mortgage) but this is sorted and payments made on time and up to date and have not missed any payments on this for 18 months and have proof of this (long story but both made redundant etc etc and escalated from there until we both got work.....) second secured loan was originally for 7,500! oh yes we can pay the current monthly instalment of 75.00 plus the 250.00 off the arrears totalling 325.00 but Kensington now want the full arrears paying in full which we cant. Over the last 3 months they wouldn't accept the monthly payment at all just kept saying they wanted 1,000.00 before they would accept the monthly payment ....

Q.10 was the evidence set out in the box below and we hand wrote a statement. The court clerk said it would be kept on file and wouldn't give us a copy back. Time was running out to get it back to the court and panic set in and didn't think to get a copy before.

Can you remember what you handwrote in Q.10? Did you affix a budget sheet or any evidence of your payment record over the 18 months ? Did you state that Kensignton wouldn't accept your payments?

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

we are offering the full monthly payment and something of the arrears. the mortgage has still got 13 years and yes Kensington are refusing to accept payments and have done so since February because they want the full amount each time we contact them your passed from pillar to post and no on wants to listen all they state is "the full amount of arrears need to be paid in full before they take the monthly payment. They make you feel worthless and like a criminal (before we were both made redundant, living quite comfortably, but by no means millionaires at all..) and could easily afford what we had to pay (used what little savings we had to get by whilst both looking for work ..) both had to take pay cuts in our new employment but you do what you have to do.

How much are the arrears ?

You really need to work out if the mortgagee is telling the court that the arrears figure is missed payments - perhaps you could answer each question asked and number your answers, providing only the information asked for. This will make it quicker to give you accurate advice.

we submitted a full payment schedule of our main mortgage and a copy of our quarterly mortgage statement to prove all payments been made and are up to date (haven't missed one in 18 mths) also provided them with an attachment to earnings statement (council tax arrears ) which Kensington are aware of (8,522.00 in 14 months) which is crippling us, my husband is working 7 days a week and has done so for the last 12 mths (currently off work with work related injuries (since Wednesday of this week, hopefully back on Monday after a short rest, despite doctors advise for two weeks at least (was at the hospital yesterday in fact) but it seems the more he earns the more they take and we are left with even less hence why we couldn't pay the 1,000.00 Kensington wanted. We did sate that Kensington would not accept the payments despite contacting them regularly to do so. We are taking the budget statement with us. The clerk wouldn't give us the originals (or copy them for us) as she said they would be kept on court file....we would have paid for them to be copied if they had said that they could do so..

Kensington state they are 10,746.00 but we don't know where they got this figure from ! we have asked on numerous occasions for a breakdown (and in writing .) but they have never responded . Original loan was for 7,500.00.

See my post with the questions in (post 12), and answer them as follows:

Etc...

Until the answers are given in a readily accessible format, we are just going to be going back and forth trying to extract information. Most of the answers will be a figure, so don't add any extraneous information to the post you answer them in.

We will get there much quicker if you answer the questions first.

sorry new to this ... head is all over the place...

-

From what I can gather the mortgage lender is stating that the total level of arrears is £10,746 - they do not give a breakdown of what are arrears or charges just a total figure