wrong figure submitted on MC online - help

sunsetrach
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6397 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have submitted an online claim and have go to the stage of receiving the allocation questionnaire. I have redone my schedule using a new template from Stitcher vs Barclays thread and the interest I initially calcuated is wrong. The new figure is £249 additional. I didn't submit a schedule to the bank with any of my correspondence. Barclays offered a settlement but I refused.

Will this effect my claim as Barclays surely know that my interest figures are wrong? Should I pay the £35 and re-submit my claim? If so how do I go about this? My claim is now for £1032.00. Have I got more chance of Barclays paying in full before the court date if I send a copy of the schedule somewhere as I never sent a copy with the On line money claim but I believe this is not a problem as I will send it with the court bundle when requested by the courts?

knowledge greatly appreciated.

Okay

It is a shame you havent read the faq's in depth before you started this, these mistakes woudlnt have been made it you have, that is why we impress over and over again to read read read!!

Now, chastisation over....

You need to ring MCOL number is on their website, and tell them that you need to amend the figure which will cost you £35.00 which you cannot reclaim

You need to get a copy of the schedule of charges to both your bank and MCOL ASAP via post, asking them to attach it to your claim.

Your claim is in danger of being compromised as you havent followed the directed steps, please do as advised and update us so we can see what else needs to be done.

In the meantime dont worry too much I am sure we can rectify it

Also for anyone else or indeed you reading this yourself included please read this!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/announcement-center-bankfodder-very-sick.html

Sharon

I haved just called MCOL, they said my case has gone to the courts so I need to phone the court and there is nothing they can do. I received my allocation questionnaire which prompted me check the site for guidance at this stage, then read of other peoples mistakes which prompted me to check my information. Is there anything I can do?

Not sure where my brain was yesterday but I submitted the new claim form on-line, and in the particulars of the claim I stated I was claiming th 8% interest totalling 252 but then didn't add it to the amount to be claimed figure on the claim form! I only put the figure of £780 which is the amount they have charged me plus court costs.

I have spoken to the MCOL and they said I can submit a separtate claim for the interest or write to Barclays telling them to ignore my claim, and start the whole process again. Will I jeopardise my claim if I do a separtate claim for the interest even though I wrote on the particulars of the claim that I was claiming interest then didn't add it to the total?

Well managed to sort this out by phoning MCOL and the courts. I had to complete an N244 form and send a cheque for £35 along with the allocation questionnaire and a copy of the existing claim underlining the claim in red with a covering letter as to why I was withdrawing my 1st claim and starting a 2nd claim due to my error in figures. I then submitted a 3rd claim on line for the interest. Fingers crossed.