• Tweets

• I'm still pondering/ trying to find docs re the above issue. Moving on - same saga; different issue I'm trying to understand what I can do: The lender/ mortgagee-in-possession has a claim v me for alleged debt. But the debt has only been incurred due to them failing to sell property in >5y. I'm fighting them on this.   I've been trying to get an order for sale for 2y.  I got it legally added into my counterclaim - but that will only be dealt with at trial.  This is really frustrating. The otherside's lawyers made an application to adjourn trial for a few more months - allegedly wanting to try sort some kind of settlement with me and to use the stay to sell.  At the hearing I asked Judge to expedite the order for sale. I pointed out they need a court-imposed deadline or this adjournment is just another time wasting tactic (with interest still accruing) as they have no buyer.  But the judge said he could legally only deal with the order at trial. The otherside don't want to be forced to sell the property.. Disclosure has presented so many emails which prove they want to keep it. I raised some points with the judge including misconduct of the receiver. The judge suggested I may have a separate claim against the receiver?   On this point - earlier paid-for lawyers said my counterclaim should be directed at the lender for interference with the receiver and the lender should be held responsible for the receiver's actions/ inactions.   I don't clearly understand that, but their legal advice was something to do with the role a receiver has acting as an agent for a borrower which makes it hard for a borrower to make a claim against a receiver ???.  However the judge's comment has got me thinking.  He made it clear the current claim is lender v me - it's not receiver v me.  Yet it is the receiver who is appointed to sell the property. (The receiver is mentioned/ involved in my counterclaim only from the lender collusion/ interference perspective).  So would I be able to make a separate application for an order for sale against the receiver?  Disclosure shows receiver has constantly rejected offers. He gave a contract to one buyer 4y ago. But colluded with the lender's lawyer to withdraw the contract after 2w to instead give it to the ceo of the lender (his own ltd co) (using same lawyer).  Emails show it was their joint strategy for lender/ ceo to keep the property.  The receiver didn't put the ceo under any pressure to exchange quickly.  After 1 month they all colluded again to follow a very destructive path - to gut the property.  My account was apparently switched into a "different fund" to "enable them to do works" (probably something to do with the ceo as he switched his ltd co accountant to in-house).   Interestingly the receiver told lender not to incur significant works costs and to hold interest.  The costs were huge (added to my account) and interest was not held.   The receiver rejected a good offer put forward by me 1.5y ago.  And he rejected a high offer 1y ago - to the dismay of the agent.  Would reasons like this be good enough to make a separate application to the court against the receiver for an order for sale ??  Or due to the main proceedings and/or the weird relationship a borrower has with a receiver I cannot ?
    • so a new powerless B2B debt DCA set up less than a month ago with a 99% success rate... operating on a NWNF basis , but charging £30 to set up your use of them. that's gonna last 5mins.... = SPAMMERS AND SCAMMERS. a DCA is NOT a BAILIFF and have  ZERO legal powers on ANY debt - no matter WHAT its type. dx      
    • Migrants are caught in China's manufacturing battles with the West, as Beijing tries to save its economy.View the full article
    • You could send an SAR to DCbl on the pretext that you are going for a breach of your GDPR . They should then send the purported letter of discontinuance which may show why it ended up in Gloucester and see if you can get your  costs back on the day. It obviously won't be much but  at least perhaps a small recompense for your wasted day. Not exactly wasted since you had a great win  albeit much sweeter if you had beat them in Court. But a win is a win so well done. We will miss you as it has been almost two years since you first started out on this mission. { I would n't be surprised if the wrong Court was down to DCBL}. I see you said "till the next time" but I am guessing you will be avoiding private patrolled car parks for a while.🙂
    • It is extremely disappointing that you haven't told us anything about the result of the hearing. You came here at the very last minute and the regulars - all unpaid volunteers - sweated blood trying to get an acceptable Witness Statement prepared in an extremely short time. The least you could have done is tell us how the hearing went, information invaluable for future users. Evidently not.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

O2 Online---NO CREDIT CONTRACT

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5807 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I applied to O2 for a copy of my original contract about 9 days ago now under the Consumer Credit Act, I know that mobile phone contracts aren't bound by the Consumer Credit Act but thought i would try anyway.

I got a call from a lady today from O2 telling me that they don't have any copy of any contract for me as i applied online and i clicked on the terms and conditions before i continued??? What are peoples views on this?

They told me they hold no evidence or anything with my signature on it.

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the trading standards infoi got , it appears that telecommunications are exempt, however i have asked trading standrds to show me where abouts on the cca 1974, the exemption is mentioned, i am going to go to court anyway as i beleive my t-mobile account is unsubstantiated.

hsbc

Claim served on 13-08-2006

full refund .19-08-2006,

23-08-06 cheque arrived £580-deal.:D

capital one .

Filed claim against 16-08-2006 for £340.

Capital one 02-09-06 offer £383 refund to account.deal:D

Abbey Data Protection Act 4-07-06

issued court claim for £189 16-10-06

waitng for allocation nov21-11-06:cool:

Pleae make a donation to site, when you win-- I DID

Why do you want a copy of your O2 contract? What is your query? Is there not some other info they could provide in relation to your query?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

christmasrallycag_468x60.gif

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Well, what im trying to do is get hold of my contract with them. What has happened is, i moved house few months ago, wrote to them filling in their little forms and sending it in but didn't realise there was still £90 bill to pay. They didn't change my address and don't show my address as changed. They have however put a default on my credit file which i have just seen on Equifax and obviously been saying late in paying since March this year.

Have found all this out by seeing credit report but have had no letters at all from them!! They didn't send me default and i want to know why they put this on the credit reference agencies as doesn't this apply to credit not mobile phones as mobile companies aren't bound by CCA???

I obviously want this removed, if i offer them a full settlement of the money i owe do you think they will do this as its their error for not correcting things and sending me the default. It was the end of my contract thats why i didn't think anything was owed.

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

The trouble is, your credit report is a generic term, it does not only list credit agreements but absolutely everything you've signed up for that you gave permission to disclose. I agree these so called late payment 'defaults' are exceedingly unfair, but that's the system that's evolved and we're stuck with it. As to the mobile contract, these things are at best transient, by that I mean they constantly evolve, and the customer usually has agreed to let them update it at intervals, which means that all the customers are covered by the SAME terms of service, and the most recent one - which will be on their site (somewhere) is what you'll be bound by, so getting them to send you a copy wouldn't achieve much.

Well, what im trying to do is get hold of my contract with them. What has happened is, i moved house few months ago, wrote to them filling in their little forms and sending it in but didn't realise there was still £90 bill to pay. They didn't change my address and don't show my address as changed. They have however put a default on my credit file which i have just seen on Equifax and obviously been saying late in paying since March this year.

Have found all this out by seeing credit report but have had no letters at all from them!! They didn't send me default and i want to know why they put this on the credit reference agencies as doesn't this apply to credit not mobile phones as mobile companies aren't bound by CCA???

I obviously want this removed, if i offer them a full settlement of the money i owe do you think they will do this as its their error for not correcting things and sending me the default. It was the end of my contract thats why i didn't think anything was owed.

If it's any help I know someone insimilar situation with o2 who wrote and paid what she had forgot and they removed default in about 7 days.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

It is PRIORITY that you contact the credit reference agencies and ask them to contact o2 on your behalf.

i am currently in dispute with o2 because they failed to take the direct debits from my account over several months. they have now put defaults on my credit files and are sending letters from a collection agency. incidently they own the collection agency too.

the credit reference agencies will put o2's comments in dispute and request anyone doing a credit reference check on you to disregard o2's comments until they have responded to the agency.

In the mean time you will have time to sort out your dispute.

Er, not quite. you don't negotiate with the monkey - just the organ grinder. There's little merit in you contacting a third party requesting then to contact the first party 'on your behalf'. All you do is send a brief note to the Collection Agency (even if it is a 'fake' one, belonging to the creditor) to say the account is under dispute and to refer the matter back to the originating company.

As to your faith in what is a 'Notice of Correction', again this is not seen by firms running an automated check, it is only viewed when (usually on appeal) that the notice is seen, but experience has shown only in a few cases does it have any effect, it is there only on sufference - primarily to allow the CRAs to do what they do with impunity.

• 2 weeks later...

Spoke to a lady @ O2 yesterday. She told me they do not have to send you a copy of the default and the reason i never had one was because they never sent one. I thought by law they had to send you a notice of default??

Nope, no 'law', just a courtesy. This is not an agreement regulated under the CCA. If you do owe them money, pay it and put forward a case that as soon as you were are of this unadvised 'default' you paid it. That's the quickest route to its removal.

I was completly unaware of it you see so did wonder what they had to do. What i was gonna do was offer to pay the full amount if they remove it as i had no idea about it. You think i should pay the full amount then raise the concern with them about the default?? Not too sure what to do.

I have asked this question before and something similiar was mentioned somewhere else, but as far as I have been able to read, a default is a precurser to futher legal action by the creditor. A default can only be issued under the Consumer Credit act. Those that do not fall under the CCA are not able to issue defaults.

Am I wrong?

Just some guy. I try to help, but all advice is my opinion.

Afraid so - anyone can declare anyone else as being in default of something. If you do not peform a particular action that is expected of you as part of an agreement - the other party certifies you as being in 'default' of that agreement. The CCA is not an issue here, if the firm happens to have your permission to disclose to CRAs, then your payment record and any 'defauts' thereof form part of it. As I recall, Capital Bank issue 'defaults' every time a payment is 48hours late. I had 26 of them in a 4 year period - for the same account!

The CCA is not an issue here, if the firm happens to have your permission to disclose to CRAs, then your payment record and any 'defauts' thereof form part of it. As I recall!

Then it should be a lot easier to have it removed. I would hazzard a guess that you should revoke permission for them to share your data.

Just some guy. I try to help, but all advice is my opinion.

I am going to settle the whole account over the next 7days by an online payment instruction. So do you think this is the best action i should take? I am very annoyed at the system to be honest because its a mobile phone company and they aren't in the CCA then why can they refer defaults to the CRA's?? At least i guess it will be easier to remove now as it doesn't have to be on there for 6 years. What do you think i should do?

Many thanks for your reply.

Then it should be a lot easier to have it removed. I would hazzard a guess that you should revoke permission for them to share your data.

Don't see how - the original permission to share was given as part of the contract. There is a possibility with the contract you can state they have no right to process any more information, but the CRAs will battle that they have a right to retain all historical data up to 6 years (and I'm of the opinion they actually delete nothing!, just make it 'invisible'), with no right of removal unless it is in error. Worth a few letter to argue the point though.,...

Ah rite i see. Well i signed nothing for O2 as it was all online. What i am annoyed about is that they sent me the reminders about this account to an e-mail address which was @o2.co.uk and i don't use this so never got the reminders, they didn't tell me that the account was in default and then by the time they sent me a reminder letter i started paying and am now prepared to settle the account but i don't like this default here on the account. Not too sure how to go about getting it removed.

Cheers

they aren't in the CCA then why can they refer defaults to the CRA's??

Because their business is designed to provide intelligence about individuals, Credit (with a capital 'C') is just a small part of it. Why should they cross reference you to the Voters Roll or the phone book either? Because they can! :x

Your financial conduct is being held up to scrutinly, not simply your accounts that are CCA regulated, it's everything. I've always felt a CCJ is the ultimate 'Default', but these craclpot firms have made their piddling 'defaults' achieve the same status within the industry, without you having an opportunity to state your case and have justice prevail. I also don't think a Notice of Information/Correction is adequate, as it is never seen or taken notice of on machine-calculated checks.

Hmmmm very big brother.

I just don't like the fact that they added this default without telling me at all! I had no idea the debt actually existed but never mind im paying it now yet they put this default on months ago and i had no idea about it.

So i have heard that they have had these defaults removed for others and im sure i have read that it doesn't have to stay on there for 6 years that is only recommended time frame??

Hmm.. You see if you settle this, it could look at first glace that you're a naughty debtor and brought to book. It doesn't matter (for online accounts) that you didn't sign anything - as they get round this in the T&C's with your agreement by doing some action - tickbox or initials somewhere on a form. Also fully accept you never got the reminder' emails - again, they've got an unrealistic expectation that the customer would even want to advertise their brand as an email address, but I'm sure there's an opt-out that you might have missed. Hardly comforting, but at least you'll know what to watch out for in the future!

So i have heard that they have had these defaults removed for others and im sure i have read that it doesn't have to stay on there for 6 years that is only recommended time frame??

Yes, O2 CAN remove them as part of the resolution process (the CRAs won't) so that could be a useful barganing point if you plan to settle - that way it'll disappear as quickly as it arrived!

Ok so do you think i should write to O2 explaining the situation and offer a full settlement on the account if they agree to remove the default from my file? and then it should be gone and dealt with?

Yes - but make one conditional on the other, that wya you strengthen your hand (and you've really nothing to lose). Explain the background as you did here, the lack of emails as they were sent to an account you didn't use, ad you clearly did not wish to end up in the situation your now find yourself in. In an effort to resolve matters, you are making an offer of full restitution, however you require O2 to remove these 'default markers' from your credit file as you were not in a position to resolve the matter until their letter arrived. That should do the trick!

OK i will do that, many thanks for your replies. Most helpful. I shall await their response. Im sure they will kick and scream abit so will probably be back here for more info and guidance. I will draft up a letter and post it on here later on and post it in the morning incase anyone has anything to say on it.