Been [problem]med out of Carcraft by extra £500

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2932 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Feeling very stupid and angry regarding what has happened.

On Saturday needed a car and went to Carcraft Leeds. Knew the sort of car I wanted and they had a few that fitted the description. found one which had a showroom price of £7999 but I had seen on the website at £6795 the night before and also viewed on my phone the same day.

Agreed to buy it at the web price with the salesman and was paying £1500 deposit and the rest by deposit. The way the finance was sold was mainly by looking at the weekly cost. I obviously wasn't on the ball enough here as he basically sold the idea of knocking off £750 off the total price over the term of the finance by reducing weekly payments to £32-33 from £34-35 a week. I agreed to this as it seemed acceptable. He then produced a document where the cost price said £7370 but he said to ignore that as it was just to do with the way the finance was worked out. I foolishly accepted that and then went on to sign for the car with the hire purchase agreement quoting the cash value of the car being £7370.

Since then i have been able to secure funding at a much lower rate so will be exercising my right to withdraw from the hire purchase agreement. That will mean I will pay Black Horse Finace out and own the car. However they have the car value as £7370 rather than the £6795 we agreed. This would not have been an issue if I hadn't secured cheaper funding.

I regard it as mis-selling as they have basically confused me. I'm annoyed with myself for going there seeing as there are enough awful reviews, I should have looked at alternate funding first and should have taken more time to make a decision anyway. Needed a car though and the salesman did seem genuinely nice compared to the others although I am beginning to suspect that much of what he said was an act- maybe just uses a different approach.

So would this count as misselling? Carcrafts response at the moment is I signed for the car at £7370 so no comeback. I have proof that I have seen the webprice on my laptop and phone prior to and on the same day. I have a backup of the webpage as well.

Feeling very stupid and angry regarding what has happened.

He then produced a document where the cost price said £7370 but he said to ignore that as it was just to do with the way the finance was worked out. I foolishly accepted that and then went on to sign for the car with the hire purchase agreement quoting the cash value of the car being £7370.

So would this count as misselling? Carcrafts response at the moment is I signed for the car at £7370 so no comeback. I have proof that I have seen the webprice on my laptop and phone prior to and on the same day. I have a backup of the webpage as well.

You only believe a car saleperson when they say "I tell Porkies" anything else from their mouth may as well be from their backside.

Anyone giving an example with weekly payments is trying to hide the monthly payments which is usually the normal period between instalments.

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS