D R O advice

nexxusone
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4010 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've been unemployed since 24th Dec 2011,

I have at least 15 debts (cc, provi, store an bank acc/loans) of approx 10K but not more than 15K limit of DRO

obviously i will not have anywhere near 50GBP spare income a month

as any spare cash goes towards rent arrears and council tax arrears

(these are in partners name though, but i jointly claim JSA IB for us both)

as we must keep a roof over us.

Partner gets CB and CTC.

I'm worried that can i be forced to close my bank account (cash card only no overdraft co op)

and I have 2 Direct debits one for homephone/broadband (talktalk) and a mobile contract from 3

these are paid up to date,

but i do have a couple of debts to a previous mobile contracts.

Can i be forced to give up my home phone and mobile and broadband as this would stop me, from meeting my work program/ jsa signing requirements?

Hi nexxusone,

I don't think the Co-op will close your account unless you have had several unpaid direct debits. If you know you do not have the funds in your account to meet a direct debit you can phone the bank the day before and cancel it. That won't cost you a thing from the Co-op. You might get a late payment charge from whoever is taking the direct debit, but you can pay them by debit card when funds come in.

Don't give priority to previous debts. They can be paid off slowly as you can afford them.

Keeping your home phone, mobile and broadband paid are your main priorities.

What are the other debts, and have you made arrangements with any of the creditors yet?

DD

list your debts please

and check your CRA file

see below

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

credit cards

lowell £1055

Hillesden securities £974

HSBC £374

Quickquid £47+271

orange £77

vodafone £258

Carbot £1629

Lowell £52 + £1250

melgold/jacammo £417

1st credit £3545

Provident £742

Halifax £965

may be more this is from noddle credit report

I current pay from JSA IB my broadband and home phone (1 package) + mobile with 3,

Electric,

council tax arrears and

rent arrears,

tv license, Food, travel and any other daily living expenses that come up.

money every two weeks (jsa) always runs out after 1 1/2 weeks ....

from jsa i have csa and a court fine taken every 2 weeks approx £13 a week combined, before i get payment into bank.

I simply have nothing left full stop to pay off any other debts

- I sold car back 04/2012 and live with my partner in 'her' 1 bed housing ass flat.

We have 1 child (15 months) and I have 3 other children not living with me.

my partner has debt to abbey bank,

jacamo and

british gas and

anglian water ( i dont know full amount but not more than 2k - none is joint debt)

her money CB and CTC goes on nappies, baby food, clothes etc

she also pays of

rent arrears (been to court twice have suspended possesion order- we are nearly clear of rent arrears less than £150 left)

any money shes has left covers the short fall of 4 days where I have run out of money

.i.e daily milk, bread etc.

we only pay the priority debts that would leave us homeless otherwise.

I'm not looking for IVA or payment offers

- pretty much decided DRO is only way to go,

just worried that they can include good (paid up to date debt) in with the unpaid defaulted debt

- i need mobile as have a autistic daughter who lives with ex, need to be contacted quickly anywhere.

over all I think you seriously need to contact - National Debt Line or Stepchange or payplan.

however, I will give my take on things:

credit cards

lowell £1055
- cca them

Hillesden securities £974
- cca them

HSBC £374

Quickquid £47+271

orange £77

vodafone £258

Carbot £1629
- cca them

Lowell £52 + £1250
- cca them

melgold/jacammo £417
- cca them

1st credit £3545
- cca them

Provident £742

Halifax £965

may be more this is from noddle credit report

I current pay from JSA IB my broadband and home phone (1 package) + mobile with 3,
not priority dump them

Electric,
- cca them

council tax arrears and
- cca them

rent arrears,
- cca them

tv license,
priority debt

Food, travel and any other daily living expenses that come up.

here is the CCA request

The Loan Company

Company House,

Church Street,

Newtown,

Kent,

R1 7HG

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:- Account/Reference Number 4563210025897412

I do not acknowledge any debt with your Company or Associates

This letter is a formal request pursuant to s.77/78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I require you to provide me with a true copy of the credit agreement relating to the above account, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide, including a detailed statement of the account.

I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit. You are reminded that should you fail to comply with my request, the provisions of s.77 will apply.

If it is your view that you are not the creditor, s.175 of the CCA 1974 applies in the case of a simple assignment, and places a duty upon you to pass this request to the creditor. In the case of an absolute assignment, you are a creditor as defined by s.189. If you contend that you purchased the rights but not the duties of any agreement, you are reminded that s.189 of the Act is clear that an assignment is of both rights and duties.

Your attention is drawn to ss.5(2), 3(b),6 and 7 of the Consumer Protection From Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPUTR).

I enclose a postal order in the sum of £1.00, which is the statutory fee. Note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose.

If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity, and certainly within the statutory time limit for compliance, and return the fee.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

Mr A N Other

ends

you need to DUMP all the non priority debt

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

electric is key meter pay as you go - so no debt just an expense ,

council tax has been to court and weekly amount payment agreed,

rent has been to court (twice) and weekly payments agreed.

mobile , phone and broadband have been changed to cheapest providers, both phones a must due, to autistic daughter and the ex lives 25 miles away so cant just pop over to knock on door if im needed to help.

broadband cost £3.25 a month and is used to complete my work program modules search for jobs etc,

its a 5 mile walk into city center and i'm not very mobile due to my weight (23st) and a bad knee (injured 5 yrs + now, in those 5 yrs i've put on the weight), so i have to pay travel by bus for important meetings etc. otherwise i'm out daily walking at least 4 mile round trip to park, shop, (with daughter) and partner at my own slow pace with pain killers to manage pain.

vodafone £258

Hi nexxusone,

In the event you'd like some help with the Vodafone side of things could you email me with your details via the Contact us form here quoting the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line.

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. To make sure it reaches me could you update the thread with this and I'll get back to you as soon as possible?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

ok lets rephrase this question, I need to know does a DRO have to include ALL debts commitments (even if being paid)

I want to list the unpaid debt that has defaulted only and not the current paid up to date commitments.

I understand that some debt is probably unenforceable but simply can not afford the £1 postal order + recorded delivery fees x12 to 15x in 1 go

I cant afford a DMP that could go on for many years, IF I had spare money I would, but I have children (4) so I simply dont have spare money, neither of us drink or smoke and we've been out 3 times in a year (my birthday, her birthday and our anniversary) SO yes we have cut back almost as much as we can (we've also sold anything of value we could to pay rent arrears)

Due to my weight and age ( too young) doctors wont operate on knee as it's manageable with pain killers knee brace and (sometimes) a walking aid. I'm actively seeking employment as my knee only limits certain types of work, not stops me.

I'm quite happy for the 6yrs of DRO on credit file , i'm 1/5 credit rating anyway...

And anybody that believes you are better off on benefits is crazy, you can survive on benefits but its not fun or easy.

you don't HAVE to use RD for the CCA's

just use 2nd class stamp and free proof of posting from the PO couter.

on the DRO

it would be unwise to only include those you 'want' on the scheme.

however, as advised

I would seriously consider challenging the enforceability of ALL your debts

before you decide the way to go.

dx

and they