Currys instant replacement ipod warranty

HUFC
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3963 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Bought an ipod touch a couple of years ago and was told at the time about the whatever happens warranty. I went back 2 days after i bought the ipod and bought the warranty.

So yesterday i drop my ipod and smash the screen, today i took it in with the warranty details and reciept of the warraty but they say they wont replace it without the reciept for the ipod, the warranty isnt enough.

Ive havent got the reciept so i asked them to look on the system for the purchase details, when they look they can find all of my other purchases from currys including the warranty but they cant find the purchase details of the ipod.

So after 2 hours in the store and on the phone today i am still no further.

They keep saying i could have got the ipod from anywhere.

Cant remember whether i paid on card or not but im getting my statements from around that time tomorrow.

What can i do? Its their fault theyve lost the purchase information.

Also he offered me a refund on the warranty which i declined for now but he wouldnt give me the offer in writing.

Thanks for any help, if you need any more information please ask.

The ipod will have a manufacturers number on it so that will tell Currys whetyher it was one they bought. Google the importers and ask them about who purchased your particluar one from the importer. if it is DSG then send this proof to Currys HQ and tell them that you intend to make a claim for fdamages against them for breach of contract. As the warranty is an insurance contract contact the insurance ombudsman and tell them the problem and point out that Currys is not complying to the agreement or is being particularly obstrucive with onerous terms that were not indicated at the time of purchase. that should get Currys moving, albeit not necessarily very fast as they take about a month to reply to anything in writitng so it might be worth adding in your letter to them about claiming for "loss of amenity" and interest on top of that.

• 3 weeks later...

So yesterday i drop my ipod and smash the screen, today i took it in with the warranty details and reciept of the warraty but they say they wont replace it without the reciept for the ipod, the warranty isnt enough.

Im bit confused, your reciept is your warranty

what details do you have for the purchase

did you take out the whatverhappens with the ipod or on a separate date

has it ever been repaired before

also is this issue resolved?

• 5 weeks later...

Hi

Has this been resolved?

I work for Currys and I know for a fact under the sales of goods act you do not have to supply us a receipt as proof of purchase, the whole no receipt no help is not an option anymore, all we do ask, is for a form of proof, either from our system or a bank statement. Obviously receipts are better as it is easier to track the sale. However if you know the month and year you bought it we can look up your receipt and cross reference it with your bank card.

As a company we also store MOST of your purchases under your postcode, providing our system gives us the option to do so, this is why we ask for your details. However we should still be able to see the purchase even if your name and address is not attached to it, through a different system.

Hope that helps