style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2905 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

I keep receiving DCA letters for what I can only assume is the previous tenant. I am advised by the letter that I need to send a council tax bill to prove she no longer lives here.

From my reading of this forum, I believe that is is THEM that needs to prove that she DOES live here? Am I right? If so what should my next step be?

Many thanks in advance and keep up the great work!! :-)

If they sent you that statement then send copy of the letter to the FOS as a complaint, and inform them that the contents of their letters has been forwarded to the regulator. could even state any further correspondence on receipt of your letter will constitute their agreementto a fee of £18.00 per item in response.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Hi Mike, many thanks for the swift reply, the Letter is obviously in her name, but I'm sick of receiving letters for her so opened this one. Is it still correct to send to fos? And should I just reply to the email address on the letter?

Many thanks (as you can probably guess, while I do read up on these things, I'm not exactly clued up!!) :-)

• 1 month later...
Hi Mike, many thanks for the swift reply, the Letter is obviously in her name, but I'm sick of receiving letters for her so opened this one. Is it still correct to send to fos? And should I just reply to the email address on the letter?

Many thanks (as you can probably guess, while I do read up on these things, I'm not exactly clued up!!) :-)

If you have to reply to the DCA do not do this with your e-mail address unless you have one that you use where you may get spam as this gives the DCA another way of bombarding you with threats etc. DCA's seem to think that they make the law they have no more rights than your cat in fact the cat has more rights it can come to my house without any bother from me.

Definitely complain to FOS they may not do anything but it will be added to the number of complaints against this DCA that's very important if everyone complained when advised then we may get something done by this toothless mob.

dpick

cannot find it A to Z

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Halifax :D

Paid in full £2295

MBNA:mad: 20/03/2008 settled in full out of court

Capital One:D

07/07/2007 Capital one charges paid in full £1666

19/01/2008 recovered PPI £2216 + costs

Littlewoods :-D

12/08/2007 write off £1176.10 debt.

JD Williams charges refunded in full £640

Send them back, "No longer living here" or words to that effect. Nowt they can do to you. Either that or just bin them.

Class them as junk mail, its not addressed to you and shouldnt be opening other peoples mail anyway. :) If they send a doorknocker round then show them some proof, or not.

As a landlord who has had a tenant with "debt issues" (in this case he borrowed lots and then moved house to escape the liability) I found the debt letters tailed off in about a year.

The only way I've engaged is to return a number of the letters with "Gone away - Return to Sender" on the front.