From Gothia to Provident? fresh start deal - debts all SB@d!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4020 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

had a debt thats done the rounds over the last few years and ended up with Gothia.

Sent them a CCA Request and got a letter back in May 2010 saying they couldnt provide an Agreement and that the account had therefore been closed.

Now, 18 months later, I get one of those stupid Provident letters asking if I would like to pay it off via an "interest free" (?) loan and that their rep will be calling ( Oh, you bloody think so do you ????).

Actually, no I wouldnt ta, and if memory serves me correctly, this is now well and truly Stat Barred ( original debt around 2004).

But is there anyway I can drop Gothia in it? Are they entitled to flog it on after admitting they cannot provide an Agreement or do I just get on Providents nerves with a Stat Barred letter?

Thanks all.

Report Provident to the OFT, simply writing to you and inviting you to take out further debt is not proof enough that you are the actual debtor or legally have a requirement to repay the original debt. They are loan sharks and need to have every single thing complained about - they do NOT help people get 'debt free', you will be stuck in their cycle for a very long time as they will dig up other debts for you to 'repay'.

I have already complained about their dodgy activity in the flats I live in, last time they stuck a note through the front door with "The debtor at No xxx" on in for all to see...

• 1 year later...

Hi guys, me again.

Ok, letter came this morning regarding a well-Statute Barred debt. Its been through a few DCAs now and they have all recieved the SB letter - all return correspondence kept, even Lowells acknowledgement of its SB status.

Theres two letters in the envelope, one from BCW Group informing me that they have now transferred all their respective rights, title and interest (including the right to receive payment) - not that they ever had any "Right" to payment - to Provident.

Letter No 2 is from the "Fresh Start" team at Provident telling me that a "friendly agent" ( who unknowingly is about to meet unfriendly Bulldog) will call over the next few days to discuss this offer, and as a gesture of goodwill ( goodwill = desperation) they have already reduced it by 10%.

So I now have this wonderful offer of paying a SBd debt at £10.50 over 50 weeks or £7.00 over 75 weeks.

Oh yes, and would I like a £100 loan over 25 weeks? Er, no ta!

AND - wait for it - as a Provident customer I am entitled - yes, entitled - to a FREE detailed statement once every 3 months, all I have to do is ask for it.

Seems like all my worries are over - where do I sign:whoo::whoo::whoo:

I know this fresh start deal is one mighty spoof!!

I've moved you to the provident forum

lots of like offers to read!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Seen this before with a relatives debts who had moved abroad using my address as a forwarding address. Made a phone call advising that there was no point in the Provident Agent visiting my address to discuss a loan, as this person lived in Spain. Also the debt which was a 8 year old catalogue debt was statute barred, so this letter was a bit naughty. Nothing further was heard from Provident.

Just phone them to tell them you are not interested, so no point their agent calling.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Well well well,

this shower of ****e didnt hang around.

Got home from work tonight to find an envelope posted through my door from "Malcom, your friendly Provident Agent".

Hes done his best to make a scrap of paper bear some form of legitimacy by writing an Agreement number on it, amount owed, easy repayment method and his phone number - which I shall be ringing first thing tomorrow -

"Is that Malcom"?

"Yes"

"Right, F Off"

Click!!

Sorted.

Ok Send them the following:

The Compliance Manager

Provident.

Ref: use theirs.

Sir/Madam,

Formal Notification.

I have received a communication from Provident alleging that I owe a debt for £xxx.xx originating from an account with xxxxxxxxx, I do NOT acknowledge any debt to Provident and STATE THAT THIS DEBT IS STATUTE BARRED therefore I will not now or in the future make any payment or offer of payment in regard to the alleged debt.

This matter has been passed around the murky depths of the debt collection ''industry'' including such companies as the Lowell Group all have acknowledged the statute barred status of the alleged debt, so it appears that unscrupulous companies are selling/ assigning the alleged debt without informing the purchaser of the status of it.

I am fully aware of the OFT Guidance on Debt Collection 2003/2012 and the section regarding the pursuit of statute barred debt, should I receive any further ''claims'' from provident or any visit from an agent/representative or employee of Provident this will be considered harassment and suitable action WILL be taken.

This is my FINAL RESPONSE.

This letter is sent by RM recorded/signed for delivery and its receipt will be checked.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: