Petrol Station Civil Recovery

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4020 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi..

To make a long story short.

Card was PIN blocked. I was away from home for a few weeks. Signed form at station. Didn't make deadline and now I have a civil recovery letter. From past experience I am aware that these bullies are best ignored. Should I ignore them on this too?

Post #2

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Can we ask why you still havent paid it? Even if you call and make a payment over the phone to the petrol station?

Be careful, as newyln are bailiffs, and the amount you owe could have already gone to court and the petrol station has asked for enforcement orders.

If you can, check trustonline to be sure if there is anything marked against your name. They could be acting on their DCA licence, but it would be a very good idea to check first.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Be careful, as newyln are bailiffs, and the amount you owe could have already gone to court and the petrol station has asked for enforcement orders.

Even if it had, only the County Court Bailiff could enforce it.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BiteMe, forgive me if I'm wrong but this sounds like you had no intention of paying for the fuel in the first place. There are constant calls from the debt collection industry, and others, to have CAG and other, similar, sites regulated. When it seems that people are using CAG to avoid paying their debts it gives ammunition to those who would see CAG made toothless.

BiteMe, forgive me if I'm wrong but this sounds like you had no intention of paying for the fuel in the first place. There are constant calls from the debt collection industry, and others, to have CAG and other, similar, sites regulated. When it seems that people are using CAG to avoid paying their debts it gives ammunition to those who would see CAG made toothless.

But thankfully if people do come to CAG looking for that kind of advice they don't tend to get much sympathy.

BiteMe,

I've just read on your other thread that you've admitted shoplifting from Debenhams on three occasions, and that you've also been caught by SouthWest Trains for using a friend's staff pass.

It appears you have no conscience whatsoever about taking things that don't belong to you, and want to get away without paying whenever you can.

Retailers add their losses to the cost of the items they sell, so every time you, and other people who think as you do, steal something the rest of us have to pay more.

You mention that you are 18. The world doesn't owe you a living. Unless you want to end up in prison one day you should stop stealing. It isn't clever, it's dumb.

BiteMe,

I've just read on your other thread that you've admitted shoplifting from Debenhams on three occasions, and that you've also been caught by SouthWest Trains for using a friend's staff pass.

It appears you have no conscience whatsoever about taking things that don't belong to you, and want to get away without paying whenever you can.

Retailers add their losses to the cost of the items they sell, so every time you, and other people who think as you do, steal something the rest of us have to pay more.

You mention that you are 18. The world doesn't owe you a living. Unless you want to end up in prison one day you should stop stealing. It isn't clever, it's dumb.

Firstly, your statement about shoplifing driving prices up is incorrect, you can go on the internet to find out why.

Secondly, I would thank you to not judge me on things I did years ago, I am not 18, and I am not now who I was then either. The phrase "let he who is without sin..." springs to mind.

And to the others who are here to help, rather than attempt to pull people apart, the reason I have not paid is because I am still waiting for a new card and PIN to come through. I have since gone travelling again, so if my new PIN has arrived, I am still unable to do anything until I get home.

TBH, you say you are not that person any more so don`t judge & let he without sin , obviously you still are.You can argue about shoplifting costs but can`t pay your bill. You can go travelling but cant sort out a petrol payment & then come on here for " advice" , its not a open university course or really that difficult................. pay the bill , have it paid for you & repay the friend , family member , assuming that you haven`t burnt all your bridges in that area, now, how hard is that. Excuse after excuse after excuse, get it paid. I would never normally be this curt with anyone looking for advice but your the reason why so many company's treat people in genuine difficulties with such disdain.

Travelling is going to stay with a couple of friends in a couple of areas close by. I am not driving across europe. Also. Backticks are really annoying, apostrophes will do fine thanks.

From the info we have, it looks like the OP got caught and simply wants to get out of it, as they know this could come back on them hard.

Lets leave it at that guys. He had his answer and wont accept it.

Travelling is going to stay with a couple of friends in a couple of areas close by. I am not driving across europe. Also. Backticks are really annoying, apostrophes will do fine thanks.

As you are 'close by', I can see no reason why you don't pop in and pay. If I was in charge of the Forecourt I would have sent you a LBA and then started Court action.

Still no answer why the OP hasnt yet paid the money he rightfully and legally owes the petrol station.

OK. I think a timeline would benefit here

1. Go to pay for petrol... Enter my pin wrong (or so I thought).

2.Go travelling

3. Return home and recieve debt letter..

4. Go to bank and order new card.

5. Go to stay at friends 70 miles away.

My point is do I ignore the DCA?

I am so sorry. You were 18 in 2010 - "years ago" - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?264840-Notice-of-civil-recovery when you came to CAG admitting several shoplifting offences and wanted help, and now at 21 you want advice because you left a petrol station without paying for your petrol. For most people, if their pin was blocked and they couldn't pay they would make arrangements to pay as soon as possible, but you went travelling, and have gone travelling again. You can pay for travelling but not your petrol. You say you were in "areas close by." You didn't have to wait for a card and pin; you could have gone to the petrol station and paid in cash.

We don't "judge" people on this forum. We help where we can when people are in a mess, because they have made a mistake or their circumstances have changed. People often come here because they have used someone else's travel card, shoplifted and been caught, and for many other reasons, and people give practical advice and try to help where they can. However, in all the time I have been on this forum I have never come across someone who so blatantly admits to stealing/leaving without paying for something and wants help on how to avoid the consequences.

As renegadeimp says above: Let's leave it at that.