My Credit Reports; the good, the bad and the ugly.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3135 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I’ve recently obtained my credit reports from the usual suspects and [perhaps as expected] they vary widely – the thing is they never used to – a couple of years ago when I last got them all 3 agents had roughly the same information, however now they look a bit like this:

Experian shows hardly any information, in fact it only records my current account and a settled Vodafone contract from 2009. The concern is that there are 12 pages of searches which include the searches for other active accounts that are not listed in the main report, only the initial search [and hundreds more, many of which I don’t recognise] – is this normal? Could it be that they’ve just not linked the accounts to me when I have applied for the report? I don’t really want to stir up a hornets nest but if lenders can see further accounts when they search me I’d like to know about it.

Equifax has all my active accounts - it also shows the 2 defaulted Santander accounts which have been covered here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?357784-Nothing-but-problems-and-charges&p=4186131#post4186131

Call Credit has most of my active accounts. There are a couple of defaults which I don’t recognise but they’re set to drop off in the next 6 months so I’ll just let them be. There is also a dirty big CCJ which is covered here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?365588-Unknown-CCJ-cropped-up-againt-old-address.&p=4187917#post4187917

So I guess my questions are,

• Is it unusual for Experian to only show 3 out of 10 active accounts, should I contact them to see if they have more to link?

• Is it unusual for a CCJ to only show only on one file [CallCredit]?

• Do lenders only see why I see or do they have further details?

Any insight welcome.

J

People who haven't made mistakes, haven't made anything!

Hi, There can always be variations on the CRA files held by any of the agencies and there a few reasons for this.

1. Creditors do not always report to ALL the agencies

2. Some creditors it seems use different agencies for different financial products.

3.Some creditors only report to the CRAs IF there is a problem with an account.

4.Some of the companies may be slow reporting to the agencies.

5. The CRAs can be slow in updating and or data gets missed.

IMO the CCJ should show on all as a public information notice.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thanks Brig, so RE: the CCJ – who reports/processes it every month? Is it the court or the creditor? i.e. if the CCJ was incorrectly awarded and the [alleged] creditor confirms this, can I ask that they stop processing it and that they make the necessary arrangements to have it officially removed, or do I have to do all the leg work and apply for it to be set-aside etc etc etc.

I will address the finer details in a thread I already have on this creditor, but broadly speaking I’m curious as to who processes the CCJ’s status each month.

J

CCJs are reported by the claimant on getting judgement it stays for 6 years, yes if the judgement is wrong the claimant must inform the court, once the CCJ is on file the data is there for 6 years unless/until something like your case comes up.

So get on to the claimant and work together, it should save time and costs.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Hi J,

Could you confirm whether the settled account with us showing on your Experian credit file from 2009 also appears on your file with Equifax and Callcredit?

If it isn't I'd be happy to get this looked into for you. As such, could you email me with the relevant details via the Contact us form here quoting the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line?

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. To make sure it reaches me could you update the thread with this and I'll get back to you as soon as possible?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Yeah I'm curious too - it makes me feel there's a part if me that's not showing on these reports...

...the question is, should I let sleeping dogs lie? I have no issues with the Vodafone account as it was always run fine, I only closed it as o2 have me a better offer. - I'll email you Lee.

What I don't want to do is unearth a load of information that I'm going to have spend hours resolving!

J

This is happening with Equifax quite often recently, may be they are having technical difficulties, but Call Credit is often well behind in displaying data.

Hi J,

Having checked our emails I'm afraid I've been unable to locate yours.

Could you update the thread with your email reference number from automated reply so I can check again?

In the event that you didn't receive an automated reply could you email me again with a contact number only at [email protected] and again quote the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Lee - sorry, I only just remembered to do this - the ref is 11386974 - I'm assuming posting this doesn't allow the public to see my personal details.

J

Hi J,

Thanks for coming back to me.

I've now got your email and will get back to you as soon as I can.

Rest assured that the email reference number just enables me to check on the whereabouts of your email and doesn't disclose any of your personal information to anyone else.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

...update, got the generic email this morning to tell me my updated Noodle file was ready [for what its worth] - low and behold the Vodafone account has showed up in the 'settled' section of the file - I double checked and it wasn't on any of my previous reports form Noodle - my Call Credit file is still 'current' for this month so its not shown up there [yet] - I thought it was odd as Noodle are renowned for being very behind?

update:

Lee/Vodafone have now confirmed they have been reporting to all 3 CRA with the same information since the account was opened way back when - I think this proves that what you see when you order your file inst necessarily the full picture and I'm not convinced that this is what lenders see - just because we can't see something doesn't mean its not there - whats to say that when the banks conduct a search their results show up differently?

hmm

J

The only differences between the creditor view and yours is in the format of the files and anyone searching the file cannot see that you have checked your file nor can they see tracing searches.

There have been problems at time where data is not kept fully up to date usually my mistake by a creditor or a CRA or both.

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update:

So as per my first post in this thread, last month I applied for my statutory credit report – it showed 1 active account + 1 settled. This seemed a little light on information so today I thought I’d sign up for credit expert and start probing – had a load of problems getting recognised online so I called the helpdesk – can’t wait for that to hit my mobile bill – anyway long story short they deleted all my details to let me sign up to credit expert.

Eventually I got in only to be met by a file that only shows only my current account. Interestingly the well-covered [above] Vodafone account is missing in action – and ironically the worthless credit score has a big red exclamation mark on it that says I could improve my score by having some ‘settled’ accounts on my file! It also says I have 94 linked addressed [which are all made up of variations of the same 5 addressed]

So I called up again and asked what was going on only to be told that if I wanted more details to show I’d have to manually add more of my previous address details in – despite the guy on the phone saying he could see historic account information etc…I also said there are 2 address I don’t recognise in my linked addressed and he said “well don’t worry about adding those, you do have historical financial records showing at them but its not negative so you needn’t include it”! – This is hardly how I’d expect a company to act considering they allegedly portray accurate information! – and just because ‘I’m’ not adding these addressed doesn’t stop them being inaccurately there!

Given that credit expert costs so much [after the freebie] I’m disappointed that I have to take charge of the level of information that’s on my credit file. A lesser person would have assumed they only had 1 account and been happy with that – the problem I have is that when I call up Experian can clearly see more information that I’m provided with [on both online and paper files] - and I’d bet my bottom dollar that if Experian can see this information then lenders can too – how can I ensure that the most up-to-date information is automatically shown?

I feel I should really be able to provide just my name, date of birth, address and the rest should be automatically obtained following a few security questions. Speaking of which, when you sign up they ask you 3 random questions about your credit file – I answered these 3 questions about 3 accounts which were verified as correct answers – yet the accounts they were related too are not showing up!

Rant over.

Just name address an date of birth if accepted as the only data proving who a data subject is the CRA would fall far short of the requirements of the DPA1998.

I suggest that you write NOT e-mail the Data Controller at Experian with your concerns.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi - quick question, I’m going through my credit and the painful process of correcting all the errors, mistakes and random things that shouldn't be on their.

Is there any reason what the rented flat I live in shows up on my credit file as if it’s a leasehold I my name? – it’s a least hold to the landlord but I’m only a tenant, I’ve never had a leasehold show up for any other flats I’ve lived it – if its harmless it can stay but I suspect that when I apply for a mortgage this will flag up as a problem!

Hi jo, I can only think of one reason for this, maybe a letting agent or the LL has made credit/ID searches on the inception of the tenancy, personally I would take this up with the LL directly.

Hi,

the landlord is actually my boss - he's not performed a credit check on me [for work or landlord duties - I've known him for years].

Its listed as a property valuation on my Equifax file and just states the year it was brought and the value at the time [which incidentally is wrong].

I just can't see understand A] what a property valuation is doing on a credit file, and B] what it has to do with me as it's not my property?

Suppose I should call the enemy and see what they've got to say!

J

Someone has aske for a valuation on property possibly owned by you, some ''companies'' will do this if considering statutory demands prior to BR petition, this though seems highly unlikely in your situation though.