• Tweets

• Doc 04-19-2024 11-01-51-merged-compressed.pdf good morning.    9 pages attached.    thank you  UCM
    • Hi I was being supplied my ovo after unknowingly being swapped from SSE.  My issues began when we had a smart meter fitted and our bills almost doubled overnight - we at the time assumed we were just paying not enough until then and just continued to pay the excess bills each. Month.    I would from time to time contact ovo and get faced with a call centre on South Africa of the most rude agents who would just hang up after hours of wait and I could not even get an acknowledgement of an issue with my meter.  At one point we were not in the property for like 4 months and the bills were coming just as high!  It was at this point I was sure something is not right and ovo only care to send bailiffs and started threatening us with a pay as you go meter despite me taking out a 3.5k loan to pay of my outstanding balance.  Around 1600 each on both gas and electricity.  This is where its gets really bad -  the very same day they sent me out a new bill saying the money paid already was only to cover up until the November previous and because its now Feb we owe another 1k.   By that August this had risen to over 3k and I still couldn't get anyone to even acknowledge a fault let alone fix it.    In despair I tried to swap suppliers and to my surprise octopus accepted us because even tho the debt is owed we are trying deal with.  During our time with them the bill was coming only on my wife's name as I was responsible for other bills and she this one - now that we owe them 3k they have magically started adding my name as well as my wife's to the same debt to apply double pressure and its showing on my experiwn report now with a question mark and 2700 showing in grey -  This was my wife's debt which we dispute we owe yet the have now sent me letter with both our names on from oriel and past due credit debt agencies - is this illegal and how can I get them to take my. Name of this and leave on wife's name as its so unfair they give us a both a defualt for wife's debt which we dispute anyway.    In the end about 3 weeks ago I wrote an email to their ceo and rishi sunak and low and behold for the first time in our history with ovo someone who spoke English contacted us and said she will look into our claim.    I explained to her that we feel our meter is faulty and despite me contacting them using WhatsApp email and phone I still have not got anyone to acknowledge a fault even. And that I dispute I Owe anything as my son was in hospital for 3 months and we stayed with him so house was empty and still. They were sending us super sized bills more than when we started at home.  She promised to investigate and a few days later replied that she is sorry for the poor customer service and offered us £50 compensation - however she also. Mentioned that she's attached statements for us confirming the payment for 3k I made was only up until Nov and in Feb despite me pay 3.5k nearly it's correct for them to bill. Me. Another £900 the very same day and she did not agree our meter was faulty and therfore the debt stands and she will not be calling it bcak from past due credit.  During my time with my new supplier post ovo, octopus I requested tehy check my. Meters because I felt they were faulty and over charging me and I got excellent response asking me for further details which I supplied and I got a. Response bcak within days to say my meter was indeed faulty and octopus have now remotely repaired it.   I then contacted the energy ombudsman and explained my situation how she at ovo tried to fob me off and demand I apy money we don't feel we owe due to faulty equipment we reported but ovo had to process or mechanism to deal with it or lodge complaint even without having to cc their ceo and our pm. And now I feel sick to think both husband and wife will get a 6  year default for debt which have a validity of a questionable nature.    I explained all this to the energy ombudsman and they accepted my case and I explained to them that my new supplier found my fault which ovo refueed to accept - I've uploaded the email from new supplier to ombudsman showing we had a fault.    My. Question is is there anything I can upload in defence of my case to ombudsman before they decide outcome ina few weeks    All advice greatly appreciated not only would I like advice on how to clear this debt but also how I can pursue ovo for compensation and deterrence for the future.  Thansk 
    • Thanks for the reply dubai 50 - if the statute is 10 years it has long passed - if it is 15 years i havea few months left. i shall ignore until it gets serious  An update - - I sent the letter to the bank in Dubai ( I did get delivery confirmation from Royal Mail)   - I have moved to a new address ( this is the address i gave to the bank in dubai)  - IDR are continuing to send Letters to the old address, which leads me to believe they are not in contact with the bank at all. - i have not replied to any correspondence digital or hard as they are non threatening ( as of yet).        
    • Your topic title was altered last June 23 by the owner of this forum in the interests of the forum Anyway well done on your result and concluding your topic, title updated.   Andy   .
    • So what    Why ? Consent Order/ Confidentiality ? This would be be invaluable to followers of your topic.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Help - Lowell Statutory Demand [LIttlewoods Cat debt & store card together] **SET ASIDE**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3791 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Folks,

Court date just come through - 4th June at 3.30 pm. I suspect the hearing will be only 10 minutes or so.

Do I need to serve B W and (shortly before the hearing) ask them to withdraw the SD to save Court time and possibly costs against them?

NC

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes you're right - without being set aside the SD remains valid. If the CCA request is not answered, the debt is un-enforceable. When did you dispute the debt ?

your question/answer is here.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Morning folks,

A bundle of stuff has come through from B W Legal with a copy of a constituted credit agreement and terms and conditions. The agreement does not contain my signature. They are also claiming my application under Section 78 CCA is misconceived and that I failed to pay the £1 fee (which is untrue). They are also seeking a costs order of over £800 against me.

eh? How can your application under s78 be misconceived ?

Do you have proof that you sent the £1.00 fee ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Just thought I'd mention the reconstituted agreement contains no personal details, name, address, credit limit, reference number, interest rate, signature. All spaces for these details are blank - how on earth can they claim it is an accurate document? They could have just knocked it up on Word!!!!!!

I'll post a copy up as soon as I can.

Edited by nunkychunky

You are absolutely right.....it could be anybody's, have you checked things like excessive charges match up to what might be on the statements ? does the interest rate correspond to what is on the statements ? You might be interested in this - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?291945-Phoenix-Recoveries-vs-D-Kotecha-Court-of-Appeal

Evening folks,

Having had the chance to properly sit down and go through the bundle in some more detail, there are a number of things that concern me.

The scenario is Lowells are after me for 2 debts,

an old catalogue debt for around £4000, taken out in/around 2004/5

plus a Barclaycard debt for £450. around 2009.

1) The credit agreement provided in relation to the catalogue cannot be anything like the original agreement.

I will post it up when I can get to the scanner tomorrow.

It is either a photocopy of some standard terms (or a document prepared on Word).

It looks more like a Word document since the date 24/05/10 plus a reference number appears at the bottom.

I took the catalogue out some 5/6 years before this document is dated.

2) My title, first name, surname and address DOES not appear

- hence it cannot be relied upon as a true copy (it could relate to anybody and appears to me to be a fabrication).

It does not comply with the judgment Carey v HSBC and also the OFT guidelines (both state MUST contain a name and address - even though a reconstituted copy is acceptable).

It appears to me, therefore, they are attempting to collect a debt that is unenforeable and issuing a SD amounts to nothing more than a fishing trip.

3) Lowells are saying my reliance on Section 78 is "misconceived" (why? - I have a right to request these documents)

and that my claim for unlawful penalties and interest is "speculative".

They are putting me to strict proof that I have been charged unlawful penalties and interest!

4) The majority of the bundle relates to copy letters they claim they have sent me.

I put them to strict proof these documents were received by me

- and they certainly do not appear be true copies of the originals

(someone at their end has just hit the print button and the letters were spewed out)

- as many of the letters contain fields that were not completed

- for example "> being registered against your property".

5) The credit card debt is below the de-minimis limit of £750 to issue an SD and a BKY petition and it is from a different creditor.

There is NO copy agreement, BUT very helpfully they have provided some copy statements showing late payment and over limit charges (the limit was some £250).

I contend that to combine two debts on the same SD is an abuse of process.

I shall be working on my second witness statement tonight (shouldn't take too long to get the ducks in a row).

NC

Have Lowell added any charges to the credit card debt to bring it over the threshold?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Folks,

Job done....

Draft witness statement 2 below.

I, XX say as follows:

Introduction

This is my second witness statement in response to the witness statement of XX of B W Legal (Solicitors for the Creditor Lowell Portfolio 1 Limited).

For clarity, brevity, and to assist the Court I shall refer directly to the paragraphs of the witness statement dated May 2013 that I consider pertinent to this matter.

I should point out to the Court that the witness statement contains the words "In Bankruptcy". This is not correct as I am not the subject of a bankruptcy order.

I make this second witness statement for the hearing fixed on June 2013 at 15.30 in opposition of the Creditor's application that the Statutory Demand should not be set aside.

1. I have no comment to make further to paragraphs 1, 2, and 3 save for that I oppose the Creditor's application as stated above.
  2. At paragraph 4, 4.1 and 4.2 the Creditor sets out the basis of the claim - the quantum of the debts are disputed in that in respect of the Shop Direct Financial Services ("Shop Direct") I consider that the credit agreement is unenforceable for reasons that appear later, and secondly in relation to the Barclays Bank trading as Barclaycard ("Barclaycard") the amount I dispute in that it contains penalties and charges that I intend to challenge.
  3. In any event, I believe that under the circumstances it is iniquitous that a Statutory Demand has been served upon me, given that I consider the Shop Direct claim is unenforceable, and that the quantum of the Barclaycard claim is disputed. The Creditor has sought to combine two claims, from two different original creditors, on one Statutory Demand (one of the debts is below the statutory £750 limit as set out in the Insolvency Act 1986). I consider the actions of the Creditor are an abuse of the insolvency process, and that the insolvency court is not the appropriate forum to deal with this matter. I believe that the issue of a Statutory Demand in this instance is inappropriate and amounted to a "fishing trip".
  4. In relation to paragraphs 5 and 6 where the issue of Notices of Assignment are considered, I should point out to the Court that at no time have I signed any agreement with Lowell Portfolio 1 Limited. The Creditor is put to strict proof that I did.
  5. At paragraphs 7, 7.1 and 8 reference is made to the series of letters (paginated 4-65 and 66-96 respectively. The Creditor is put to strict proof that these letters were sent to, and received by me.
  6. In any event, I take issue with the fact that these documents are true copies of the originals the Creditor claims were issued in accordance with Consumer Credit Act guidelines. The Court is referred to the following letters, which appear to be computer generated and incomprehensible to say the least.
  7. Exhibit numbers 4, 8, 9, 11, 14, 18, 19, 20, 51, 52, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 69, 70, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 83, 84, 85, 87, 89, 91, 94, 95, 96 are pertinent in this matter. I strongly refute the Creditors claim that these are true copies of the letters and in any event they totally lack credence.
  8. At Paragraph 9, the Creditor asserts that I have now decided to challenge the debt after receipt of the Statutory Demand. I cannot see how this statement is relevant, when I have a time limit of 18 days to challenge it or apply to have it set aside as provided for in the Insolvency Act 1986. I would draw the attention to the Court that a letter dated 2 October 2010 (Exhibit 13) mentions the issue of a Statutory Demand - and yet the Creditor did not issue a Statutory Demand for another two-and-a-half years.
  9. I have no further comment relating to Paragraph 10, other than that the Statutory Demand is disputed and I am seeking a set aside.
  10. My comment relating to Paragraph 11 is that I exercised my right to act within 18 days to make application to Court to set aside the Statutory Demand.
  11. I have no comment to make relating to paragraphs 12, 13, 14. I confirm I initially relied on Section 78 Consumer Credit Act 1974 as one of the bases of my application to set aside.
  12. Paragraph 16 - Noted.
  13. The Creditor is stating that my reliance on Section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 is misconceived. I totally fail to see how this remark is relevant - Section 78 is established law giving a right to consumers to request information relating to their credit accounts.
  14. I cannot see the relevance of the remark at paragraph 18 when I was simply exercising a basic right under establishd law, to seek to set aside a Statutory Demand and request documents.
  15. At paragraph 19, reference is made to the Reconstituted Credit Agreement, exhibited at Pages 102 to 104 in relation to the Shop Direct claim.
  16. It is with this document I take issue with and breaches of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and recent case law arise which I consider the Shop Direct agreement to be unenforceable.
  17. Section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act is revisited here, in that if a borrower asks for one, a "true copy" of the agreement must be provided, including terms and conditions.
  18. The Court is referred to the case Carey v HSBC Bank plc [2009] EWHC 3417 (QB).The relevance of this case to my situation is set out as follows.
  19. HHJ Waksman set out that whilst a reconsituted copy of a credit agreement is sufficient, it must contain the name and address of the debtor at the time the agreement was executed. In paragraph 60 of the Judgment HHJ Waksman states "..as a matter of common sense it is difficult to see how a copy of an agreement can omit the names of the parties...in my view it is clear that the name and address must be provided".
  20. A copy of the Shop Direct agreement is exhibited at pages 102 to 104 which the Court will see that my name and address does not appear. This contravenes the judgement in the Carey case.
  21. The attention of the Court is drawn to the fact that the date 24 May 2010 appears in the bottom right-hand corner of each sheet. The Creditor's claim that the document is a "true copy" of the original agreement is rejected, given that the Shop Direct account was to the best of my knowledge taken out in/around 2005. A document dated 24 May 2010 simply cannot be a true copy of the original.
  22. I believe the copy Shop Direct agreement totally lacks credence, and it is open to speculation if it is a genuine true copy or indeed a fabrication.
  23. I now bring the attention of the Court to the Office of Fair Trading Guidance on sections 77, 78, and 79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (document OFT1272) Paragraph 2.21 of those guidelines state "The name and address at the time of execution must therefore be included". The document provided by the Creditor fails in this regard. The Creditor st ates at Paragraph 20 that they "strongly believe" Section 78(1) has been complied with by virtue of the constituted agreement. I strongly disagree.
  24. I have also yet to be provided with copies of any statements or changes to the terms and conditions as provided for in the Consumer Credit Act 1974. The Creditor states at Paragraph 21 their inquiries are on-going, the burden of proof is incumbent upon the Creditor to comply and deliver up the documentation.
  25. The Creditor states at Paragraph 22 my assertion that the debt is made up of unlawful charges and penalties is "pure speculation" and is "without foundation". I disagree.
  26. The Creditor states at Paragraph 21 they are attempting to obtain copy statements from Shop Direct, which will undoubtedly include details of any such charges and penalties potentially challengeable. It is the quantum of the debt that I dispute and I will intend on challenging such charges and penalties once further information comes to light. Paragraph 29 below refers to the copy statements provided for the Barclaycard claim and are indicitive of the penalties and charges I may be able to challenge.
  27. I have no further comment to make on Paragraphs 23 and 24 relating to the Barclaycard claim.
  28. Whilst it is noted at Paragraph 25 a Statement of Account has been provided, the Creditor has still failed to provide a "true copy" of the credit agreement. As provided for in the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and the Office of Fair Trading guidelines, the agreement remains unenforceable until such time as a "true copy" is provided.
  29. No comment is made in respect of Paragraph 26.
  30. In relation to Paragraph 27, I reiterate that I believe until a "true copy" of the agreement is provided the agreement remains unenforceable. For this reason I disagree with the remarks at Paragraph 28, and exhibited at Pages 105 to 109 are the copy statements showing the charges I dispute. I should point out to th e Court that to the best of my recollection my original credit limit was in the region of £250, where the sum the Creditor claims is nearly double that figure.
  31. The creditor claims the sum of £4,447.25 is "due and owing". I disagree, on the grounds that the Shop Direct claim is unenforceable due to breaches as explained above, and that the Barclaycard claim is disputed, again as explained above.
  32. Paragraph 30 is totally refuted for the reasons given above.
  33. The Creditor claims at paragraphs 31 and 32 I have a "vague belief" that the sums claimed potentially include unlawful penalty charges and putting me to strict proof to substantiate this. The Consumer Credit Credit Act puts the burden of proof on the Creditor to provide copy statements (the Creditor admits their inquiries are on-going and they will serve me with copy statements). Once this information is to hand it is my intention to challenge any potentially unlawful charges. The Office of Fair Trading Guidelines (at 3.1 states the creditor or debt owner is obliged to give the debtor a statement of account).
  34. I totally disagree with the remarks at Paragraph 32, rather the evidence is overwhelming that the Creditor has failed to provide a properly re-constituted "true copy" of the original agreement rendering the Shop Direct claim unenforceable.
  35. I now bring to the attention to the Court my opinion that the Creditor has abused the Insolvency Act and Rules on a number of grounds.
  36. It is my opinion that the Creditor has abused the Statutory Demand process and has merely used it as a debt collection tool, and rather has used it as a "fishing expedition". I believe that the insolvency Court is an inappropriate place to seek to enforce these claims, given that the documentation provided fails on a number of grounds as explained above.
  37. If I were not to seek a set aside of the Statutory Demand within the prescribed period, it would remain a live document ad-infinitum, giving the Creditor carte-blanche freedom to issue a bankruptcy petition at its own will. It is clear a lot more investigation needs to be done which may well take a lot longer than the 18 / 21 days required to dispute or respond to a Statutory Demand.
  38. I also consider that to combine two claims, from two different original creditors, when one sum claimed is considerably less than £750 is again an abuse of process.
  39. The Office of Fair Trading guidelines defines "unenforceability" (at section 5) and I consider that I have been misled by the Creditor as to the enforceability of the Shop Direct account (in particular the copy agreement). I consider this to be an unfair and improper business practice by the Creditor and their fitness to hold a Consumer Credit Licence is called into question. I also consider it an unproper business practice under the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 - the Creditor is threatening bankruptcy proceedings against me when a proper "true copy"of the agreement in accordance with the law has not been provided.
  40. I believe that had the Creditor issued a County Court claim (as opposed to issuing a Statutory Demand) such a claim would have failed on the grounds of unenforceability.
  41. I therefore respectfully request that the Court dismiss the claim from the Creditor that the Statutory Demand is valid, and to make an order that it be set aside.
  42. Lastly I shall deal with the issue of costs. In the event the Court finds in my favour I respectfully ask that I be allowed a short time period to file a statement of costs to be awarded against the Creditor on a summary basis.
  43. I have exhibited to this Witness Statement at "" a copy of the Shop Direct agreement as provided by the Creditor, and excerpts from the Carey judgment and Office of Fair Trading Guidelines.

I believe that the facts in this statement are true.

Don't think they (Lowells) have added charges.

They are sending Counsel to the hearing (agents, possibly a junior barrister) but that doesn't faze me, I hope what I am about to send will give them something to think about.

The agreement for Shop Direct clearly is one Lowells have concocted themselves at the time they took over the account in 2010.

For what it's worth, should I email B W tomorrow saying a second WS is about to land at their door anytime soon?

NC

Edited by nunkychunky

Well if they intend to claim that the document is even a reconstituted agreement it fails immediately, a recon MUST have the name and address of the Creditor at the inception of the account and the customers name and address at the inception of the account.

So write and reject the document as non compliant, do NOT point out why you believe this is the case.

For once I would recommend an e-mail response followed up by post.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Very brief email sent saying that the document is rejected in its entirety and allowing them until close of business today to withdraw the SD, else a further witness statement will be served and lodged in Court. A letter will also be going out tonight.

NC

Very brief email sent saying that the document is rejected in its entirety and allowing them until close of business today to withdraw the SD, else a further witness statement will be served and lodged in Court. A letter will also be going out tonight.

NC

Excellent NC!!

Watching this with interest, best of luck.

FYI without going through your posts the bit where Lowel claim error of judgment on your part on relying on the CCA, if i'm not mistaken didnt you recieve a letter confirming your request BW where in it it clerarly states that it is YOUR LEGAL RIGHT to request this hence it being sent on to lowels? just something you could possibly use if needed?

Folks,

No response from B W yesterday, so the attached second witness statement was sent by Recorded Delivery last night - and a copy is going to be hand-delivered to the Court today.

NC

For an s78 request to have been complied with correctly you are entitled to..

A copy of or truthful reconstruction of the agreement entered into. (the one they have provided cannot be a truthful reconstruction as - you have pointed out It is dated a number of years AFTER the account was opened and it does not have any reference to you personally.

A copy of the terms and conditions from both inception and current or at the time of default. It would appear they have not provided these.

A statement of account showing how the amount claimed has accrued showing any default/penalty charges with proof they are genuinely owed.

It is my understanding also, that the information should be provided in one package and not sent in dribs and drabs.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Paragraph 22 is a bit strong,

You are directly inferring the claimant and there solicitors of unlawful conduct

You need to remove the word fabricated and replace with something like

It is my own opinion that the claimant is mistaken in that that the credit agreement supplied is a true copy of the original, and put the claimant to strict proof

You start saying an organization or a solicitor of impropriety, that will guarantee to anger the judge with no justifiable evidence to back up your subjective reasoning. You need to keep it factual, not personal opinions

Folks,

Thanks for the feedback.

I appreciate paragraph 22 might read a bit strong, but I tried to choose my words carefully. I have not directly accused them of improprietry hence the wording "it is open to speculation".

However I have already sent it to B W so possibly too late to track back now, unless I prepare and serve a redacted version, with an amendment to Paragraph 22. The hearing date is, however, on Tuesday next week so time is short.

If it is too late to do anything, I suppose it will boil down to how the Judge will interpret it, if the point is raised I will have to explain myself. The point is it cannot be certain that it is a true copy and it surely is up to B W to argue that it is.

NC

Edited by nunkychunky
Forgot to add something

Personally I think para 22 i9s accurate from what I see on this thread.

Afternoon folks,

Absolutely no response from B W or Lowells, either to my second WS or to the letter I sent rejecting their agreement (both were sent by Recorded Delivery by the way). Does this sound about right?

I will, obviously, be attending the hearing tomorrow (I think B W are sending a junior barrister from LPC Law - a firm of agents) - will it be just a matter of turning up and seeing what happens? Is it likely their agent will wish to enter into any discussions before the hearing?

Fingers crossed I get the SD set aside and I hope that I have set out my case in such a way to plant a seed of doubt in the mind of the Judge.

NC