• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4012 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is a real quick question. I'm considering using bright house because I'm all out of options. I was wondering if they can receive overpayments or a deposit? I can see why they wouldn't encourage this if it reduces the amount of intrest and period of payments.

Can they refuse extra payments?

Does paying for something quicker at bright house reduce the interest.

what are the fees for over payments.

guess what with 30 minutes of searching I can not find anything on there site. :)

We live in an unmoderated country why should the net be any different?

Bring back free speech we miss it!

pers I would avoid them like the plague.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

pers I would avoid them like the plague.

dx

In an ideal world yes, absolutely, but right now I have no options. I can however afford to pay it in a quarter of the time that they would like me to and if this doesn't make them as much profit so much the better.

given there sickening 29.9 APR the other options I've looked at are far worse.

but I still need to know can you pay off the item quicker to reduce interest?????

you can make extra payments but if you can pay it off quicker sure you can save and buy what ever you need for half the price .do not use them serious they goods are rubbish most are made for them very cheaply and sold for stupid prices and fall apart .

go ask a neighbour

a family member or a relative

or a friend

you'll be surprised!!

tell them your issues

I can pay in xx months

please don't use them

their goods are poor quality in most cases

even second hand

and you pay 3 times the high street price

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

We have really really bad credit! Now getting out of it thanks to CAG, we save for items needed, had no washing machine for 6 months and a family of 6 that not easy washing everything by hand, so could save. Had no fridge/freezer for a few weeks but got a second hand one for £40 over a year ago and still going strong.

Please don't go with them or perfect homes,

I totally get what you guys are saying and I've been on these forums for several years learnt by mistakes.

the harsh facts is I need an ipad for my business without it I have no business its that simple.

of course there are other options out but prices don't differ that much.

Right now the cheapest one I'm seeing 2nd hand is more than I can afford.

I could afford to pay this of in a quarter of the time if I have a good few weeks even less

but can not afford an out right deal

I need it next week otherwise I have no income.

What would you do?

Use the computer im using to access this!

An iPad not to be rude but I have 1 comp I our house

and it older then my 8yr old so runs slow,

not easy when studying and kids need fir homework but does the job!

what kind of business U in that needs an iPad!

I've never even used one

I do appreciate what you are saying but I don't want to get into complexitys of needing a tablet. currently they offer the lowest rate of interest compared to other options and providing I can pay it off quicker I'll not be happy but at least they won't extract as much interest from as they could have.

It seems like you have made your mind up but the are some amazing Android tablets out there with great performance (The Nexus is a good example) that are a fraction of the price of an ipad.

You could try Very.co.uk for a credit account - the ipad 2 16gb is £329 and you could do the Buy Now Pay Later so that gives you up to 12 months to pay off the balance so you don't incur any interest charges.

the screen size of the nexus is simply not good enough. Look I appreciate you people are trying to help but sometimes I get very frustrated by some of the comments.

I could try very.co.uk for a credit account but I would be refused that is the whole point of the thread.

if some one can point me in the direction of a 9" screen tablet with fifty pound cash deposit and able to pay between 30 - 40 per month. I'm all ears and I promise to never again consider using bright house again.

I've been into bright house to make a few initial enquires and I was told because I don't have home contents cover I would need to take out there cover plans. Ah bless there cotton socks isn't that sweet of them.

Im so glad I took the time to respond to your thread and try and help. You made no mention that you needed a tablet with a screen size if 9inches plus so not being psychic, I suggested the Nexus - it is available in a larger size but no doubt you are not interested in hearing that as you obvously have your heart set on an iPad.

Again, not being psychic, Im not aware how bad your credit rating is so suggested Very. I know they accept people with very poor credit score - I know someone with a score of 124 on Noodle that opened one.

Anyway, yes.....go with BrightHouse and maybe reflect on your attitiude while they blackmail you into taking out their 'Optional' insurance at the cost of 100's of pounds.

Here are the FACTS..........

For example if you took out an agreement for a Apple iPad here are the sums........

Over 104 wks

Cash Price = £674.62

+ 29% (189.62) = £864.24

+ OSC = £465.92

+ DLC = £199.68

Grand Total = £1,529.84

If you wanted to pay this off ONLY after the first quater has passed, 26 wks and by then you would have paid £382.46 @ 14.71 per wk you would pay £558.03 = £940.49!!!!!!!!

As everyone has said before BrightHouse should come with a WARNING sign

Hope this makes up your mind for the better.

Here are the FACTS..........

For example if you took out an agreement for a Apple iPad here are the sums........

Over 104 wks

Cash Price = £674.62

+ 29% (189.62) = £864.24

+ OSC = £465.92

+ DLC = £199.68

Grand Total = £1,529.84

If you wanted to pay this off ONLY after the first quater has passed, 26 wks and by then you would have paid £382.46 @ 14.71 per wk you would pay £558.03 = £940.49!!!!!!!!

As everyone has said before BrightHouse should come with a WARNING sign

Hope this makes up your mind for the better.

I do know this and I appreciate you taking the time to break it down.

but the reality for me is the following

First I'll ensure that the £674 is the right price and use there price match promise these snakes offer. Secondly, I don't need the highest spec ipad on offer. The £500 one will suffice.

So I pay £75 up front set up DD for around £50 a month and dropping in additional cash to the store as when I can afford it. I would be looking for a maximum for 13 weeks to pay off.

I will NOT take out OSC or DLC even if the manager tells me I will contract anthrax if I don't. If they really go boring sales pitch, 'have you thought about bla bla, I'll simply sign up then cancel on my way back home (7 days cooling and all that)

I wish I had a choice but the likes of simply.co.uk only offer you a maximum credit of £300 if you are lucky mostly its lower than that, a poor credit credit card has a higher APR.

I now know you can pay as much as you want in overpayments without penalty and for me the priority is to pay it off as quickly as possible build my business up to the stage I never need to consider these rip off merchants again.

sometimes I get very frustrated by some of the comments.

Makes me wonder why you have bothered to post a question

I wont wast my time with you anymore

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)