invitation to office interview

loub
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4015 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi, recieved the letter friday and been paniking since, i phoned jobcentre and they assured me they are picked at random.

i did some part time work... 2 hours a week earning 12.00 week which is under the £20.00 limit your allowed but its only just dawned on me that i maybe should of told them of this work and i am worried now i am under investigattion for a oversight on my behalf.

I am currently claiming jsa and i dont know what to do?

i am thinking of phoneing up tomorrow and admitting to my mistake and that i am willing to provide any letters etc they need, i am no longer working as it was only a temp position.

I honestly didnt realise i could of done wrong by my claim

help!!!

i am just going to be honest about my mistake tomorrow and explain it wasnt done intentionally....anyone agree with me?

guilts too much even though it was honest mistake :(

No, I would go to the interview. It's an informal interview by the looks of it, you'd know if it was an interview under caution. The informal ones are usually done by compliance rather than any fraud dept. It's possible they know about the work, but they'll also likely know it's under the 20 pounds, they may kick off about you not notifying them but you wont actually have been over paid so don't panic.

okai..phew..well i will take my statements and i will mention something if they do, i know i didnt go over the amount allowed and claimed thousands like some ppl do, i just dont wanna walk out the interview being done for fraud, i will just be honest at the time and own up to my over sight etc... tell you summat... i wont be making an over sight again, i have no idea how ppl actually commit fraud on purpose and actually sleep at night

If you do any work, even voluntary, always declare it. Insist on copies of all the forms you fill out and file them somewhere safe.

Had a case a couple of years back where I'd been doing some p/t work, always declared, and then got a demand for an overpayment "because you did not tell us" - One snotty letter informing the DWP that I had copies of all paperwork for the period in question, and that they were welcome to view the files once suitable terms, conditions, and fees had been negotiated. Case closed :razz:

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

How do you know the interview is about those extra hours working and not informing the DWP. The interview can be about anything, and your reasoning is totally subjective and working yourself into a negative state of mind.

Has it been confirmed that this interview is with the fraud department

For all you know its probably an interview your job centre advisor has set up to do with your job search or job seekers agreement

When i was claiming JSA, i had to attend weekly interviews with my advisor

it says

INVITATION TO OFFICE INTERVIEW

Dear.......

we would like you to attend the interview at:

we need to see you in order to discuss the benefit we are currently paying. we need to ensure your payments are correct and is essential that you attend this interview to discuss this matter.

then gives a list of what they need to see including 3 months worth bank statements which shows my payments from the work i did so they will ask about it anyway from looking at my statements,

so i am best to just own up to my oversight etc and promise not to do it again, never done it before so i am likely to get a slap on the wrist hopefully

it hasnt been confirmed its from the fraud dept and i most likely worked myself up into a state, i didnt earn over the allowed amount which they will see from statements so i am expecting a telling off for not telling them to be honest

Has it been confirmed that this interview is with the fraud department

It's a Compliance interview. They are a totally separate section to FIS but often get confused on this forum because one of the things they do deal with are cases downgraded by FIS.

They do not interview under caution & any overpayments they do establish cannot end in a prosecution or sanction.

I very much doubt not a thing to be honest, payments of the odd 12 quid is nothing, a relation might be paying it to help out now and again for all the DWP are aware of

It is regular payments above i believe £94 they are interested in. so RELAX

Can we just bear in mind that the weekly allowance is £20 for lone parents. LouB, are you a lone parent?

For couples it's £10 and for single people it's £5. This still isn't likely a big deal. While you should always declare income, as Squaddie said, a few pounds a week is not likely to be seen as a major fraud. If there's any overpayment you would be asked to pay it back from future benefits, and then you'll likely be told to go and sin no more.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

It is regular payments above i believe £94 they are interested in. so RELAX

All work should be declared. Different benefits have different earnings rules.

Someone earning £25 per week undeclared on JSA could find themselves in serious trouble if they did it for long enough.

This is getting silly and unnecessary

We are not talking of £25 per week payments

We are talking of a few payments of £12.00

yes all work should be declared, but if this if mentioned in an interview, it will result in a slap on the wrist i would think, not worth bothering about

JABBA , I know you mean well but your comment is unnecessary

i am a lone parent on jsa, i definatly didnt go over the 20 pounds a week and if it comes to light i have been over paid i have no issue in paying back whats owed and obviously in future i will be not making any oversights and declaring any other income no matter how big or small... i have never done this before and it was not intentional

jabba i am very aware that i can get into serious trouble if it went on long enough which is why i am on here asking for advice on whats likely to happen etc :-)

i can tell u what i earned....

jan 28th- £83.11

feb - 5.55 for some reason they paid me twice last month hence why its only 5.55

march - 15.25

my hourly earning was 6.25 per hour and i did 2 hours a week

This is getting silly and unnecessary

We are not talking of £25 per week payments

We are talking of a few payments of £12.00

yes all work should be declared, but if this if mentioned in an interview, it will result in a slap on the wrist i would think, not worth bothering about

JABBA , I know you mean well but your comment is unnecessary

Excuse me? I've already said earlier that this is a Compliance interview not FIS. They probably don't even know about the £12 per week earnings (but it should still be declared)

I was replying to your advice that that is only regular payments of £94 they are interested in. That is complete rubbish & could mislead someone else reading this thread.

The comments i have made are in relation to this thread, not another thread dealing with some one Else's unique set of circumstances that will be irrelevant to this particular problem

Your comments i consider are subjective and not objective to other peoples own problems

Now lets move on to the issues of this thread and speak no more of it

YOU mentioned the £94 rule in this thread! Myself (& Antone) were pointing out it was wrong!

Jeez. I give up.

Loub is not in trouble. For the 3rd time. It's a Compliance interview.

Edited by jabba jones