PCN, damaged and worn out sign.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4023 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just a quick one guys, on my first day of work, I received a pcn for parking in front of a sign that divides two parking zones with different times. This little street has an extremely complicated parking structure with each part having different parking times. The whole road has one yellow line, without any other road markings, all divided by damaged signs that divide these.

The issue I had here was that the sign was extremely worn out and not clear. I know that councils must provide clear and non-damaged signage, especially in a zone like this. So I don't really know which law I can apply this to.

I've attached a photo for you guys to have a look at and thanks in advance for your help.

There's no explicit requirement for a "non-damaged" sign. It has to be clear and legible, which of course are subjective terms. A better image would help us to judge whether you may have a case on that basis.

Shouldn't the line have a termination bar between the two different restrictions?

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

Well, I might aswel give it a try. So whats the best thing to say? So many people get tickets in this section. On a daily basis. I will mention the terminations bar, but feel like I need to mention more.

I know this is not really a valid argument against the law, but in places like these, there MUST be road markings dividing zones. Its not fair to rely on a distorted sign. But I guess the council wouldn't make much money that way.

Forget the termination bar. They will dismiss that one straight away.

If it were me, I would say that the sign is damaged beyond repair, and difficult to read. Say that on the day you attempted to read it, but due to the poor condition you hadn't seen the arrows and misunderstood the meaning of the sign.

A polite letter explaining that, and sorry it won't happen again etc - you have a 20 percent or so chance they will cancel it. If they don't I would probably conceded and pay at that stage, but it's up to you.

UPDATE: Having just re-read the thread, the absence of a termination bar is relevant. If your case is that the arrows and meaning were unlcear, then the absence of the bar compounds the lack of clarity. So, I would mention it after all.