Response to SB Letter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3901 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just let them get on with it.. they are obviously struggling with something !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

:madgrin:

Reading the letter probably:madgrin:

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

madgrin.gifquote_icon.png Originally Posted by citizenB viewpost-right.png

Reading the letter probablymadgrin.gif

Ha ha Brig, ever the optimist!!

They are still trying to open the damn thing! :help:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE :

Mucky Hall - We are still undertaking investigations .... blah blah blah ...... we will contact you in due course ..... blah blah blah. :???:

Lowlife Port. - Further to my recent communication, I have concluded my investigation. Whilst the information available indicates that the debts are due and payable, we have decided in this instance to take no further action and close the accounts. Blah blah blah ..... :-D

Good news indeed. Keep that letter somewhere safe :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

UPDATE : Mucky Hall - We have investigated your complaint and find that your account does fall within the definition of the limitations act ... blah blah blah .... therefore we are closing the account and passing it back to the client ... blah blah blah .... however you need to be advised that although legal proceedings cannot begin this doesn't mean that the debt cannot still be pursued ... blah blah blah .... Your complaint has not been upheld but we will not contact you again.

:)

Well, that’s wrong – once you tell them you will not be paying because it’s SB, they cannot pursue it. Against OFT debt collection guidelines and would be harassment, because it would be a consequence of what the OFT calls an ‘unfair practice’.

Please report this misleading letter to the OFT.

Here’s the relevant extract – very explicit:

3.15 The OFT position with regard to the recovery of statute barred debt is as follows:

a. We accept that the situation in England, Wales and Northern Ireland is that statute barred debt still exists and is therefore recoverable. However, in Scotland, statute barred debt is 'extinguished' and is consequently no longer recoverable.

b. Where businesses seek to recover statute barred debt in England, Wales or Northern Ireland, we consider that the following may be unfair or improper practices:

• continuing to press a debtor for payment after he has stated that he will not be paying a debt because it is statute barred.

Typical MH, delusional twaddle!!!

You can write a short terse and possibly facetious reply reminding them of the OFTs Guidance on Debt Collection advice on the pursuit of stat barred debt after they have been informed that the debt is stat barred and you will not be paying.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Thanks guys. Much appreciated. Playing devil's advocate I think what they meant to say is that although they have agreed to close the account having been informed that it is Statute Barred, there is nothing that prevents someone else from chasing the debt. Or is that also wrong? They can't just play pass the parcel with the debt?

The CSA say that they should NOT put a Stat Barred debt out for sale.

If they do and someone else tries to collect I would be sending the "New DCA" something along the lines of the following.

Dear Sir or Madam,

References.

In response to your letter dated XYZ.

It would appear you are pursuing a Statute Barred Debt, which the OFT says is an unfair and improper practice.

I would also point out that the courts would not support your claim if you were to issue one.

Further more, PREVIOUS DCA, were aware that this account was statute barred on DATE and have therefore misled by selling/passing it to you for collection.

Lastly, if you continue to send letters/telephone me in the hope that you will be able to bully me into making a payment, then I will consider this to be harassment and will be making a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman and the Office of Fair Trading.

BCOBS

Brilliant minds, Brig, brilliant minds...

I wish!

Old and jaded in my case DB:madgrin:

DonkeyB, I have had a look at the old paperwork and it would seem to be the Vodafone -> Crapbot -> Mucky Hall chain of debt chasing. Apart from the fact that Vodafone's own CAG rep confirmed this as SB, I now have MH's letter stating the same.

Hi spacecadet5767,

To enable me to check to see whether this recent correspondence relates to the case I handled a few months ago, could you email me with the reference quoted in the letter you've received from MacKenzie Hall via the Contact us form here and again quote the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations

Vodafone UK

Hi Lee, having looked more closely at the paperwork and cross referencing the details I can now say with 100% certainty that this is one and the same account that you dealt with. There is no need to contact you as I have confirmed this myself already. Thanks anyway. Feel free to follow this up as you see fit.