RLP - Will refusing to pay them affect my credit rating?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3690 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm just surprised her company hasnt been shut down. Fewer and fewer business's are dealing with her, yet she still tries to claim she has a legit business.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but she rehashes the same drivel every time. What you don't see in the PDF version, of course, is the flecks of saliva that result from the frothing anger...

By coincidence, I spent today in a meeting at the offices of a law firm (in the City, with real lawyers, not a Nottingham back street), and one of the things we discussed was a case involving someone with narcissistic personality disorder. Interesting parallels.

don't insult NPD suffers.............

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

One of the interesting points from the discussion today is that people with NPD are often 'escalators'; so instead of giving up (in the case we discussed, it was hopeless litigation), they try to take matters to the next level. It's because of their grandiose ideas of self-importance, and lack of insight. In the case we talked about, the individual sees losing in court as an indication that the judge is biased, not that his case has no merit.

Sound familiar? It certainly helps to explain the increasingly absurd letter content, the risible accusations of conspiracies and the refusal to give up even when it's obvious that no payment of a speculative invoice will be made.

• 2 weeks later...

Great points everyone, I'm really appreciative of the attention this thread has received. I got another letter from RLP a couple of days ago, I will take a photo of it and erase personal details via paint if that's alright (as you can probably guess, my computer skills leave a lot to be desired). Thanks again.

J

You know they are getting desperate when you get the multi page letter that even tries to say that CAG is under criminal investigation, and you shouldnt listen to them but get advice from solicitors or CAB. The problem with that part of RLP's letter is CAG is not under any kind of investigation, and our advice is what solicitors and CAB have been advising for a long time.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

I'm having difficulty uploading a photo of the RLP letter (It's just a single page at the moment, still have the multi-page letter to look forward to haha :wink::violin:). I'd be willing to copy up every word of the letter though if that would be useful in any way?

J

Edited by Journeyism
Typo

If you cant upload it, you can just give the jist of it. We've seen pretty much all of them, but if theyve started making up more fairytales to try and get people to pay, it would be interesting to see.

set your default scan page size to A4 less than 300DPI [150 will do]

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture[jpg] file

don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!

'

BUT......

ENSURE: remove all pers info inc. barcodes etc using paint program

but leave all monetary figures and dates.

{DO NOT USE A BIRO OR PEN OR USE SEE THRU TAPE OR LABELS]

try www.pdfescape.com TO BLANK STUFF,

or

DO IT IN MSPAINT.EXE or any photo editing program

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites ...

http://freejpgtopdf.com/

if you have multiple scans/pics

put them in a word doc FIRST and convert that to PDF

or use www.pdfmerge.com

convert existing PC files to PDF [office has an installable print to PDF option]

it would be better to upload a multipage pdf if

you have many images too rather than many single pdfs

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

try and logically name your file so people know what it is.

though dont use full bank names or CAG in the title

i'e Default notice dd-mm-yyyy TSB

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

I'll try to sum it up concisely.

It says that this letter refers to the fact that I haven't responded to them yet.

Ignoring them won't make them go away, it's not in my interest, and could result in additional liability if the matter goes to court

and I have to pay court fees etc (also with extra interest of 8%).

They then go on to say that their client is in a position to issue proceedings against me for the full value of the claims if it so chooses.

They say that there is another evidence to take me to court etc.

They then say that they may pass on my information to the police and other "crime initiatives" in the interest of preventing and detecting crime.

They then say that there is are no other circumstances relevant to the incident... I need to settle the claim.

That's about it really, I sincerely dislike them!

I also think that them passing on information to the police is complete BS!

Sorry again for the late reply.

Kindest regards

J

we need to see it as it helps others

use a mobile phone or a digital camera?

dx

and they

Its one of the normal letters they spew out.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey so sorry I haven't been on for a couple of weeks I haven't had access to the internet.

Got a letter from RLP a few days ago telling me that they were gonna pass my details to a DCA and that I'll start receiving letters from them soon. This is what I feared as I don't want them to affect my credit rating. What should I do in regards to a potential DCA? Thank you everyone.

Kindest regards

J

Hello again.

I expect the forum guys will be along later, but I doubt if the advice will have changed.

Doesn't it strike you as odd that last time they were threatening court and now all of a sudden they want to pass you to a DCA? Surely if there was enough evidence, they'd have gone to court.

And ask yourself how a DCA can collect a debt that doesn't exist? I don't believe they can affect your credit rating, but they would like you to believe that.

I hope the guys will be along later to confirm my understanding.

Stand firm. :)

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

If the DCA contacts you, TELL them in writing that there is no debt. If they try to blag you or harass you, then get in formal complaints. HB is right. They CANNOT affect your credit rating unless they go to court and win. That is very very very very unlikely to ever happen, which is why jackie is sending the account to a DCA. I bet it will be scotcall, as she knows pretty much no other DCA will deal with her.

Thank you guys, I really appreciate the advice and completely agree with both of you. I'll definitely write them a letter telling them that there is no debt. And yeah it definitely seems like they don't have enough evidence, so glad I didn't pay them anything or even get into contact with them.

Off the subject a little, but is experian.com a reliable way to check your credit rating?

Kindest regards

J

IF they do write

as for CRA file

exp and EQ are the main two

see below

dx

C
redit
R
eference
A
gencies
:
Experian
Equifax
CallCredit
noddle

fed up with DCA's calling get a TRUECALL BOX!! -
HERE

Sort Your Debts Now - -
here

Start Your Own Thread
-
HERE

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A
Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI
Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan, Credit Card, mortgage & CAtalogue Charges
Read Here

4. Ins & Outs of PPI & interest :
click_here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?
Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt
Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?
Read Here

my views are my own...seek legal advice if ness

NEVER EVER
- act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by telephone

-
alert the siteteam IMMEDIATELY by hitting the black warning triangle on any message -
Particularly if this results in a request to pay a fee to help you.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

DX

RIP Martin3030

rant.gif

and they

wrong thread .. sorry..

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 8 months later...

forget RLP

go get on with your life.

this thread is almost a year old

dx

and they