RLP - Will refusing to pay them affect my credit rating?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3694 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thank you Dx, this has cleared things up for me I think. I will pay the 3 mobile affiliated DCA because that was an actual debt, but I will not pay any RLP affiliated DCA because RLP only posit speculative invoices.

One more question though, IF a bad mark goes on my credit rating due to a RLP affiliated DCA, what should I do?

J

Post back here

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RLP have no legal rights PERIOD.

None. Zilch. Nadda. Nil.

Please take the advice already given and stop worrying. You are falling into their trap.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thank you HB :) Got my bill through today of £188, ridiculous! Absolutely extortianate; I bet they will try and charge my partner the same! How long do you reckon they'll pursue me for? A year or so?

J

Usually 2-3 months or so, and theyll send you increasingly desperate letters. Wait till you get the 3-4 page one that contains a load of drivel and even says you shouldnt get advice from the internet but from CAB. Umm... hello RLP?! The CAB are the ones who are telling everyone including the retailers not to listen to you or do business with you.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Thank you renegadeimp, RLP are truly ridiculous.

They have also sent my partner a bill of £188 when she was found innocent of any wrong doing! This proves to me once and for all that RLP are fear mongers that will resort to anything to try and get money. They shall receive no money from me.

J

Thank you renegadeimp, RLP are truly ridiculous.

Most definitely.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone

Sorry I haven't posted in so long. I've had no further letters from RLP. Do you think they've quit or should I still be expecting any more letter (not that they will influence me to pay them a penny at all. I hope this persuades anyone else in the same predicament as me to not give in to RLP's threats and to refuse any liability or requested payments.

Kindest regards

Journeyism

Hard to say really...they may have given up and crawled back under their rock.

If you do get further grief from this lot just come back here and we will help you.

Speak of the Devil, I got a letter from them yesterday. Saying that they were entitled to seek compensation not just for what I owe, but for the further action they're taking to pursue me. Saying they're fully within they're rights to take me to court etc. Didn't read all of it and then chucked it away. I'm now expecting a few more letters over the year, but will stand firm. Thank you ims21 and everyone, really appreciate it. If it wasn't for this page I may have ended up negotiating a price with them because I wouldn't have known any different. Seriously, thank you so much.

Kindest regards

J

you really should scan up the letters for our records

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

you really should scan up the letters for our records

dx

Me too. I'd love a good laugh today.

Haha so true. That woman must be very desperate. Her business plan was proven to be flawed, so she skips around the law, and uses Dca's to try and create a ficticious debt now.

Hey sorry for chucking the letter away and preventing a good laugh guys (although Scarlett's post was fantastic, certainly gave me a chuckle) will try my best to put up the next one (don't have a scanner/scanning device, but can upload a photo perhaps?)

Thank you so much for the support, it helps me to continue believing that refusing to pay them is the right thing to do.

Journeyism

Photos work. Just be sure to edit personal into and upload it as a pdf.

WE know what most of RLP's letters say, but if you create a new thread, you can scan them and post them up as pdf files, minus personal info.

WHat i like is when the letters get posted, this jackie woman alters them to condemn CAG then tries another format.

Yes, but she rehashes the same drivel every time. What you don't see in the PDF version, of course, is the flecks of saliva that result from the frothing anger...

By coincidence, I spent today in a meeting at the offices of a law firm (in the City, with real lawyers, not a Nottingham back street), and one of the things we discussed was a case involving someone with narcissistic personality disorder. Interesting parallels.