New Jobseekers Diary Pages..and they're keeping them!

jasta11
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4024 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Anyone else got these new Jobseeker diary pages to fill in yet? I've had them for the last month at my JC. Basically an A4 sheet with 4 boxes, each with about 7 lines to write in..

'Jobcentre Contact' (UJ, Job Computer Points, etc

'Contact With Employers' (I assume for spec letters and actual vacancies applied for)

'Employment Agency Contact'

'Other Activities'

The JC now keep these sheets (so make sure you photocopy them for your own records). Possibly they keep them so you can't submit the same jobs every week (yes, we've all done it) or for future checking. Obviously there's some purpose behind them keeping it..and one I'm sure we won't like.

While waiting my turn to sign on I also noticed the advisors were scrutinising these sheets very carefully; more so than they do with the old JS Diary. I always play safe and put something in every line, filling up the sheet but a couple of people had only filled in a little and I overheard the clerk telling them they needed to do more.

If you have these forms now, fill 'em in as much as you can and don't become a possible sanction target!

I have to fill it in online on the Universal Jobmatch pages. I used to fill in the wee booklets but now I'm made to do it online. A damned sight easier though when I go to sign on they haven't always got access to the website to view my entries !!

Lynda~

Ah, so is this just a printed version of the UJ page then?

I still haven't registered with UJ - nor have I been asked to - though on my written pages I make sure to include a few jobs I found on UJ (but applied for directly).