Groupon voucher didn't work. They won'y do anything.

axil23
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3997 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought a Groupon voucher to use at a online store before the 25th. On the 24th night I tried to use the voucher to make a purchase and it didn't go through. I can prove that I tried as I set up a new account with that merchant at around 1030pm and the voucher failed at check out.

Groupon is now saying that since the voucher is expired they can't do anything about it. It wasn't a big amount, only £20 but the principle is bigger here.

How can they give me a voucher that does not work and then say they can't do anything? What are my Legal rights and how should I approach this as a few emails to groupon have confirmed they won't do anything.

Edited by axil23

Have you asked them for proof it was out of time?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Have you asked them for proof it was out of time?

Well when I tried to use it 1030pm it was still valid. It was only when I emailed them the next day to advise them that the voucher did not work did they say that it was void now that it had expired. But I tried to use it when it was still valid.

Its like someone giving you a gift card valid till Dec 31 and you try and use it on Dec 31 and it doesn't go through. Its not your fault? Its theirs so how can they then say we are keeping the money you paid to us without providing a service.