• Tweets

• Sorry not great with forum technology,  it says accepted file types jpg ongoing etc which I believe the file type was png or at least that's the details showing up on my phone, I'm even less good with conversion of the aforementioned so, I think we'll just leave that one then.   Also I think you mean because he supplied no cancellation information prior to the contract that automatically negates me having to pay / or be charged from the balance of the car any costs associated with the return, he also has to refund me the cost of delivery, however I am actually willing (maybe) to let that one go apon receipt of a refund.    This situation has already been the source of great stress
    • Don't just sign or agree to anything.   You need to be careful and not sign anything until you fully read a new TA making sure they're not  a "break clause" in it.   "A break clause is a term in the tenancy agreement that gives the landlord and/or tenant the right to end a fixed term tenancy before the expiry of the fixed term period"    
    • Is there a reason they took so long to send the PCN? The car was on hire or a change of address perhaps. As they have not claimed to be using POFA it is important that you do not reveal the identity of the driver. No POFA means they cannot pursue the keeper so just ignore everything from them and their unregulated debt collectors and ignorant second rate solicitors. [Sorry that was a slur on second rate solicitors].  Just ignore them all. To go to Court they need the name and address of the driver so if you ignore them there is no chance they will find out. While that does mean that you are not liable to pay them a penny they won't look at it like that and pretend that you do owe them-probably escalating the bill every time they write. This works in your favour as the most that they can ask is the amount on their signage but they always seem to want to overcharge which gets them a slap.  All you have to do is let us know if they stupidly decide to send you a Letter of Claim [it's probably more greed than stupidity but they do both of them so well it is hard to know which one it is.]. If you do get an LBC come back to us so we will give them a snotty reply which may be enough to see them off. In the meantime go on with your life safe in the knowledge that you owe them nothing and there is nothing they can do to change that.
    • I must confess to not even thinking about telling them, especially since I haven't heard anything from them for years, they weren't on my to contact list.   I always come here for advice before I reply and I am certainly not paying anyone unless I have too ( 1 ccj is being paid at £1 a month)    Since getting my head out of the sand I have been very careful on keeping all letters and taking advice before I respond and keeping copies of all correspondence.        
  • Our picks

• Ahmed Alwaheeb's firms sold cars riddled with faults – and which sometimes had government recall notices. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427369-ahmed-alwaheebs-firms-sold-cars-riddled-with-faults-%E2%80%93-and-which-sometimes-had-government-recall-notices/&do=findComment&comment=5071860
      • 3 replies
    • @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 8 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2722 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi first time posting on here however have been a member for a long time

I due to be made redundant at the end of may a number of agreements, which were made which were to stay in place till mid may have now been broken. These were agreed in meetings. They are now pushing to get the compromise agreement signed asap. what is the legal point of view if I refuse to sign it. They have stated that all terminal pay and benefits will be held till it is signed. is this legal ????

Edited by geordie55

If no compromise agreement is signed, then you would need to rely on your general legal rights. If redundancy pay is lawfully due and the employer is holding onto it, then you would enforce your rights through bringing a claim in the Employment Tribunal.

It is difficult to comment further unless you tell us what you mean by "a number of agreements" and what you are being offered in the CA.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

the agreements were made to help with the restructure and the on going work issues. this was told to the staff and was changed without any warning or consultation between the managers in fact I was not informed I only found out when I logged into return someone off sick to find all staff had been moved at the request with no authorisation from the director but he is now stating they report to him

Are you gaining anything except your statutory entitlement under the Agreement? If not and there's no incentive to sign then let it drag on as its their legal liability that's in question - either wait until you have a deal you are prepared to sign up to or sue them in Tribunal. There's a three month time limit though from termination (6 if its only for stat redundancy) so be mindful of that and don't drag it on too long!