S75 Claim - Mastercard & PayPal - Case Law Help Please?‏

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3668 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Btw, the above request goes for anyone else who has an interest in this and plans to use the case law at some point.

If you know how to check just how authoritative cases are, please do so and share your findings for all our benefit.

Thanks

The matrix is intrinsically flawed. Within it is the program for it's own destruction. If you are reading this, you are in the matrix and it's days are numbered...so watch out! :eek:

Phew! I thought you meant it already had!

Ok, will do my best but I'm not the best with Bailii.org and the others so if you can have a look too please? :wink:

Just on my way out will take a look later.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Will soon find out...letters in the post...:-)

The matrix is intrinsically flawed. Within it is the program for it's own destruction. If you are reading this, you are in the matrix and it's days are numbered...so watch out! :eek:

Will soon find out...letters in the post...:-)

Good Luck.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

According to the legal databases the case linked above is still good law and has not been superseded. It was appealed up to the House of Lords (now the Supreme Court) on a different aspect namely whether s75 applies to foreign transactions, but the appeal was unsuccessful.

I imagine you will get push-back from your bank since (I believe?) the FOS at one point said paypal transactions weren't covered but we will have to wait and see.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I imagine you will get push-back from your bank since (I believe?) the FOS at one point said paypal transactions weren't covered but we will have to wait and see.

Thanks for checking Steampowered.

Said 'pushback' arrived from lender yesterday so it looks like this'll have to go all the way as FOS aren't my cuppa tea.

I have to say,

I think this latest refusal by them is a strategy they are following. They've not commented at all on the case law OR the fact that there was a breach by the original supplier.

I suspect this is just to see how far I'll take it before they cough up - but we'll see.

• 9 months later...
bustthematrix, how did you get on with this and what was the outcome? I am about to go through the same process myself with my CC company.

Adding a post to a thread, does not always trigger an email from CAG to the person who started to the thread. So they may never reply, unless they visit CAG regularly. The last visited CAG a few weeks ago. I will PM them, to let them know which may prompt them.

It would probably be wise for you to post your own new thread, so that people can advise you on this, as each case will be different anyway.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

...yeah, since I'm subscribed, how come I didn't get an update when they posted the query?

...yeah, since I'm subscribed, how come I didn't get an update when they posted the query?

Depends on how your CAG profile is set up.

If you go to user CP at the top of the screen. Then under my settings, you will see general settings. You will see there is a default thread subscription mode with a drop box, from which you can select how you subscribe. You can select instantly using email and then I presume you will get an email everytime there is a new post to a thread you have contributed towards or started.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you can add any more info to the thread that might help busthematrix, that would be great.

As mentioneds some do use Paypal to perfdorm the transaction.

I often buy bits from http://www.superstar.tibolts.co.uk.

When you come to pay it says..

Payment Method

This is currently the only payment method available to use on this order.

Credit/Debit Card (via PayPal - No paypal account needed)

So you dont need a paypal account and you dont login to paypal.