Being chased by capquest for payment on a vodafone bill not due until 23rd April

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4023 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I have two Vodafone bills one mine one my husbands due to financial difficulties we were not able to pay and they cut us off.

Last week we had some money so paid the bills over the phone in the usual way - with no mention of DCAs

When our phones came back on line there was a message to ring capquest - I rang and they said they were collecting for the vf bill I told them the bills had been paid

The next day a letter from capquest came and as I had paid the bill just files and ignored it. The day after I got a new vf bill due to be paid on 23rd April which I will will pay on friday.

I got another letter from capquest about the new bill - I ignored it as the bill is not due.

Since then they have rung me several times and I have told them to ring back on the 24th if the bill is not paid , today I lost my temper asked them the date before answering their security questions , the untrained desk jockey was taken back and kept trying to get me to answer his security questions when I was explaining its is the 17th of April and the bill is not due until 23rd - it was farcical

Can they keep contacting me about a bill that is not due until next week

Now I have a new message on my mobile asking me to call them

Edited by citizenB

Make an official complaint to their head office. This is harassment.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

There is absolutely no point in discussing this on the phone. The person on the other end won't be interested in hearing what you have to say and will seek to intimidate you. Simply refuse to go through their security questions and hang up. You are under no obligation to speak to them over the phone.

Hi Madamfluff,

This is a bit of a strange situation but thanks for making me aware of it.

To enable me to get matters looked into could you email me with your details via the Contact us form here quoting the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line?

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. To ensure that it reaches me could you update the thread with this and I'll get back to you as soon as possible?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

madamfluff, this is the email address to which you send your details as requested by Lee, Vodafone Rep.

[email protected]. co.uk (no spaces)

quoting ‘WRT135 – CAG Forum’ in the subject line.

Oops, sorry Lee.. I see you had the email address hidden under the word "here" :lol:

• Haha 1

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi Madamfluff,

Thanks for returning to your thread.

From your initial post it appears that a process may have broken down and so it'd be good if you could me with your details to enable us to get this investigated further so we can establish what's happened.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK