Guest Another Spartacus

PPI success but....

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2430 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Guest Another Spartacus

So Barclaycard have paid me out for miss sold PPI but there is still a balance outstanding on the credit card.

I received a cheque last week for over 11k

I assumed that Barclaycard would clear the debt first then post a cheque for the remainder.

The thing is, because I am on ESA and on a low income now, I have been making reduced payments and they have stopped charging me interest.

I am also making reduced payments to 3 other debts who have also stopped charging me interst too.

Obviously Barclaycard are going to notice their error and ask me to pay the balance off.

But wont that mean that I am not treating the other 3 debts fairly as I would not be able to pay those debts in full.

Where do I stand, I truley want to pay all my debts off.

Advice is more than welcome

Don't think it's an error.

They can only offset any payment against arrears I believe.

The guys that know a lot more about it will be along shortly.

When I was in arrears with barclaycard (only £100 I think) they took the £100 and refunded the rest to me.

It never rains but it pours...

Guest Another Spartacus

Thanks for your time Bombay

Hi

In view of the fact that they have sent you a cheque then the money is for you to disburse as you wish.

Having got the PPI back from BC....are there any unlawful charges to be reclaimed as well?

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Guest Another Spartacus

Yes there are some charges too, I only have statements for the last six years so will get about claiming those too.

What worries me is that they will now start adding interest.

I was doing so well making a hole in the debts.

Thanks for replying IMS

Hi AS,

Get your info about penalty charges and we'll help you reclaim them from BC with compound int't if you want it.

If the BC PPI refund will not cover all the debts, you can pay towards them pro-rata and continue to pay the balances off over time. This should not affect agreements for you to pay reduced amounts or agreements halting the addition of interest and penalty charges.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Guest Another Spartacus

Thanks Slick