BankFodder BankFodder

joa1

Ripped off by local garage

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2485 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

:-x I recently went to a garage near to where I live as a friend recomended them to me, and said that they have always been fair and honest. To cut a long story short, my eletcric window had stopped working, the said garage told me it was the window regulator, (without checking it) and said it would cost me £120, I agreed for the work to be done, when I collected my I car, the first thing I noticed was my door speaker had not been connected, then when I put my window down, it wouldnt go back up again, (same as before). I took my car back the same day, and was told that it had been a B******d of a job to do, and so I would need to book it back in, which I did for the following wednesday, anyway, when I retuned, I was told that it now need a window switch, which would cost £158.00+ VAT+ fitting (EH), I said ok i'll have to think about it, as it seemed a lot, and I had already paid for the fault that the garage said it was to be repaired. So I took my car to another garage for a second opinion, as I felt I was being royaly ripped off, the second garage stripped my door, and the result was, that no new window regulator has been fitted, just a load of cable ties and a coupe of bolts, to botch up the broken regulator, (so no window switch needed) a also broken door panel & courtesy light, the cost to me was £264.34, so all in all its cost me £384.34, for a window regulator. Can anyone give me any advice/help as to how I can get back some of the MASSIVE amount of MONEY im out of pocket!!!!

Thanks in advance, as I know your all brilliant x

Edited by joa1

I'm having similar issues with a rubbish garage charging for work not carried out, check if they are a member of Motor Codes requlatory body, report them there 0800 692 0825 and also report them to Citizens Advice 08454 04 05 06 who will probably inform trading standards...

Thanks...