Albion - Dormant Status - Are you hassled by them?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4024 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HBOS / Albion

I have been dealing with the Halifax on a matter over my Credit Card. I put my account in Dispute last year and demanded they halt further interest accumulations. Up until January this year, Halifax had instructed Albion to raid my accounts and take payments. I have sinced moved my accounts elsewhere so they can't do this. After receiving over 70 calls to my mobile in the space of just over 2 weeks, I decided to research who this Albion Collections company is. When I found out that Albion are actually owned by HBOS, I was shocked to find out that Albion has been trading as a 'Dormant' company for nearly a year. A Dormant company cannot legally trade.

The Halifax were not impressed when I found this out and tried to silence me with a written apology and a cheque for £30. I decided late last week to refuse the compensation and report them to companies house for illegal trading. If I was trading under the same circumstances, I'd have serious consequences to answer to.

I am interested if anyone has been contacted, harassed and / or made payments to Albion, certainly within the last year.

Please tell us your HBOS / Albion dealings on this thread if you wish me to present your details to Companies House as a joint action.

Please don't post your personal info in this thread

Edited by ims21
invite to PM personal details removed

The Banksta Buster.

:-x :-x

Albion is most definitely not an active company. It is dormant. Suggest a complaint to Companies House. You can’t have an actual limited company as a ‘trading name’ of another company. Doesn’t work like that.

Albion is most definitely not an active company. It is dormant. Suggest a complaint to Companies House. You can’t have an actual limited company as a ‘trading name’ of another company. Doesn’t work like that.

Be a little careful here.

To be dormant for filing purposes, the company has to have had no accounting transactions in the period of accounts (usually a year). This doesn't mean that a company couldn't operate in some way, it just can't have any income or spend any money. The other point to bear in mind is that a dormant company could start trading at any time. However, it may take up to 18 months for this to be obvious from the details held at Companies House (i.e. a year plus a 9 month period in which it has to file accounts).

Having said all of that it may still be worth a complaint.

Agreed seminole, but a company doesn't stay dormant for that long. Funny enough, they must of just filed accounts as the dormant status has cleared recently. Still, I'm pursuing my complaint as they seemed to of acted only due to my complaint. I can guarantee Companies House will make some excuse for them but I don't give up that easily.

The Banksta Buster.

Afternoon Seminole

Last accounts were to the end of 2012, already lodged.

My point is that HBOS has claimed Albion is an active company – it is not, it is dormant. It is also definitely ‘carrying on a business activity’ – one of the criteria used by HMRC (though Companies House’s criteria for ‘active’ are often different). Companies House says: “A company is deemed to be active (not dormant) when you buy or sell goods through the company.”

So, if the company is active, as claimed by HBOS, then it must be trading – it is NOT dormant.

The only question is whether Albion has started trading in the last four months, and we can’t know that until the next accounts are published – but we do know that the Albion front has been used in periods when the company has been registered as dormant.

Hi Donkey, I have screen shots of Albion taking money from me from Nov '12 - Jan '13 whilst trading as Dormant, I also screen shot the status on Companies Hpouse web check service. I can tie these up with both bank statements and recorded telephone calls from their RoboTw@t call system demanding payments. Despite the fact I held the account in dispute with HBOS, Albion still (laughably) tried to demand money with menaces threatening all sorts of bullsh*t short of water boarding.

HBOS have done themselves absolutely no favours in employing the services of their in house Baboon department otherwise known as Albion. They have inflammed the situation to beyond repair with me. When their CEO gets fat cheques for failure and we suffer shyte interest rates, I've turned against them - Fully! Until the bailout and bail in situation is sorted, HBOS can go swim. Its a pity others don't make a firm stand against these criminal banksters.

Oh, as for the £30 cheque, that's being framed for the most Insultive Bribe of 2013 so far this year.

Edited by MagnaCarta

The Banksta Buster.

Hi Donkey, I have screen shots of Albion taking money from me from Nov '12 - Jan '13 whilst trading as Dormant, I also screen shot the status on Companies Hpouse web check service. I can tie these up with both bank statements and recorded telephone calls from their RoboTw@t call system demanding payments. Despite the fact I held the account in dispute with HBOS, Albion still (laughably) tried to demand money with menaces threatening all sorts of bullsh*t short of water boarding.

HBOS have done themselves absolutely no favours in employing the services of their in house Baboon department otherwise known as Albion. They have inflammed the situation to beyond repair with me. When their CEO gets fat cheques for failure and we suffer shyte interest rates, I've turned against them - Fully! Until the bailout and bail in situation is sorted, HBOS can go swim. Its a pity others don't make a firm stand against these criminal banksters.

Oh, as for the £30 cheque, that's being framed for the most Insultive Bribe of 2013 so far this year.

That's astonishing and may well mean that they have filed incorrect accounts. About the only way they could argue their way ouf of this is if the bank account the money was paid into wasn't in the name of Albion. Even then, it would be worth a formal complaint.