style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4026 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i am hoping someone will be able to help.

My wifes mate has just been given a liability order for unpaid council tax from 10 years ago.

The problem is the order is in her sisters name for another property and she has never lived with her.

My wifes mate is unable to prove that her sister does not live with her as her sister has no fixed abode.

My wifes mate is now worried that they will come back and remove items from her property

ie her car etc to pay for her sisters debt and she does not know what to do can any one help.

Hi Andrew,

That's a bit muddly, so to avoid confusion let's call your wife's mate 'Sarah'.

Sarah has received a Liability Order, but I assume you mean a Liability Order for Sarah's sister has arrived at Sarah's address?

This is not Sarah's debt.

You say Sarah is worried "they" may come back and take her possessions to pay for her sister's debt. Who are "they"? Has she had a visit from Bailiff's? If so, did she tell them that her sister did not live there? Did she actually allow them into her property?

Is Sarah on the Electoral Roll? I assume her sister is not on the Electoral Roll at Sarah's address.

DD

Hi,

"Sarah" recieved the liabillity order from the bailiffs that knocked on her door, no she did not let them in and yes she told them her sister did not live there and she never has so the baliffs asked if "Sarah" could pass the letter on to her sister which she has done but she knows her sister will ignore it. "sarah" is on the elctoral roll her sister is not at "Sarah" address.

One must assume that the LO is in the sisters name and therefore the bailiff must return the order to the council as ''nul bono'' at the address at which it was served.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

:thumb::thumb:
Thank you for your help my wife has passed this information on

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: