Refused ESA...again

Sargusfrat
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4026 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just had my second ATOS reassessment last month, the letter came in today with 0 points :(

The strange thing is the letter that came in from the DWP had no mention of appealing the decision at all, no GL24 form to fill in and send back, just a bunch of pages with 0 points next to the descriptor and a paragraph at the end informing me to claim JSA or call them back to "look at the decision again" which just means they will still award me 0 points.

Has something changed in the appeals process?

Hello there.

I didn't think it had, but you could be the first to tell us. Maybe if you ring and ask them to look at it again, you ask for a GL24 form on the phone. As far as I know they're still valid. You can download one online as well, if that suits you, or just write a letter.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

yes that's what happened to me was in support group with 21 points and now have scored 0 I have rung dwp this morning and they are sending me the appeal form out 1st class post so I will send them all my medical reports again just like last year and hope the decision maker overturns the atos doctor like last time before it got to the tribunal stage they must know you will win the appeal with all the evidence you send in have checked on dwp site and they award one year for my problem so looks like you have to go through this process every year so I wouldn't worry to much just appeal the decision highlight all the descriptors you feel are not accurate and you should be fine don't let them grind you down

• Haha 1

hello there I think you get the assessment rate if it goes to appeal that's what it says on the back of the letter I got from dwp if they overturn the ATOS decision like what happened to me last year, then you stay on the esa rate you were on and they backdate it to the date they stopped paying you, they told me on the phone yesterday that it could take up to 6 months for your appeal to be heard and to send in a sicknote whilst in appeal