Car hire damage claim.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4020 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, Please could someone advise or give me some help with a problem I am having.

I used to hire a driving instruction car for my business. Unfortunately I could not make ends meet and had to pack it in. I ran the hire car to the end of the contract. I owe a full months rent on the car, a small amount from another month and some administration charges.

I received a letter from the hire company and also an invoice. I have been asked to pay for damages to the car. One of which I believe is a warranty issue the other is vastly over priced repair.

In anger I sent a ranting letter ion which I told them that I would honour the outstanding rental but that I disputed the claim for damages. I asked for evidence in the form of receipts and professional opinion and so forth.

This was in September last year, I thought it strange that I had heard nothing. Last month a letter arrived from a collection agency. I informed the collection agency that they had no business with me and that my business was only with the car hire company.

A court claim was served last week, the collection agency is also a firm of solicitors. They have been instructed by the hire company to pursue the claim.

I am willing to pay the outstanding hire charges but I am not paying for the false claim that I owe them for damages to their car.

I am about to send back the acknowledgement of service and I am also about to communicate with their solicitors. I would like help in asking the hire company the correct questions to establish on what grounds they are able to make their claim for damages stick. Any and all help will be appreciated, I will also try to answer any question that will help clear the muddied water.

At present due to my financial situation I have no money to offer them. I am unemployed and living at my mothers house. I have no income.

Thank you for reading.

Edited by petrolbendini
More detail.

Thread moved