• Tweets

• Interesting that the issues of Johnsons problems with whichever side wins the US elections is starting ti hit the main news services   Summary If Trump won: Trump has defined in the trade objectives already referred here, would want to open up the UK to US GM crops and hormone injected and chlorine bleached meat while allowing damn significant to the UK populous in from the UK 0 which Johnson crew have no issue with and have been enabling despite the Johnson and crew lies. Other than that Trump would only want the UK govs unqualified support in whatever he chose to tweet.   When Biden wins Biden is still America first, and an Irish American at that. Johnson is a Brexit and Trump supporting populist who has thrown Ireland under his red brexit bus. Biden will also be less interested in a UK that can't promote US interests in the EU so all that remains (at least until Scot independence) is the UK's vote as a permanent member on the security council and as a market for US goods on US terms.   The Tories will need to get rid of Johnson and the populists and hope the blame for the multiple train wrecks at hand goes with them - now the Brexit and freeport goal has effectively been achieved.  
    • What happened? Did he manage to resolve it? I am interested in the part where creditfix said he was approved, but he wasn't. If you apply for an IVA and it is rejected, does that put a bad mark on your creditfile? My friend recommended an IVA to me, although my debt is nowhere near as much as your friends. I was going to use a free IVA advisor , who say they will tell me which companies will approve me for an IVA before I apply, but if they say one and I apply and it is not approved, will this have negative consequences? My credit score is already 'poor'.    Thanks!  
    • Hi folks,   So I've spoke to customer service at Enterprise and was referred back to the traffic violations team who sent the original email refusing to refund the the charge.  She gave me a phone number to call but is currently down because of covid so I'm not currently able to talk to anyone on the phone about this.  I checked out the Ts&Cs in the contract and found that it does in fact cover parking "fees" and "charges" so not sure what grounds to challenge this on, given I cannot actually speak to anyone.    TRAFFIC VIOLATIONS, PARKING AND TOLLS: I acknowledge that for the period of the rental I am liable for all traffic violations; parking fees, fines or penalties; and charges and penalty tolls. Owner will charge you an amount of up to £35 for administrative costs.   Look forward and to hearing from you about this and how best to deal with Euro Car Parks.   Thanks in advance
    • Only one letter was there but as usual they have gone overboard and asked for way too much money. The most they can claim is  £100 but time after time these cases get thrown out of Court as an abuse of process. It is pretty close to fraudulent so that is good for you if they try it in Court.  BUT DO NOT CONTACT THEM OR ANY OTHER DEBT COLLECTOR EVER. Were both letters from DRP. If not you can photograph the other letter and upload it on to your computer.
    • So he has .....ignore..I was referring to post #36 .....manual application for default
  • Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2734 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi All,

I recently put in a PPI claim from Barclaycard as they sold me a PPI policy on a university campus in 1996. I was under the impression that this was too long ago to claim. I basically told them that the girl who sold it advised me to take it out as it would mean I would have a better chance of getting the card. I had the card for about 10 years and for a long time had a balance of around 11k.

So I put the claim in with the following reason in Section E of the form

"The sale took place on the campus of Leeds University. It wassuggested verbally that if I took the insurance then the application wouldhave more chance of being successful. At the time I did not know this would nothave been the case and am horrified to think I was misled in this way"

A couple of weeks later I got a call from Barclays who said that they just wanted to confirm some details about who I worked for when I had the card. I mistakenly gave them different details to the ones on the form as I was going back to Uni as a mature student and changed jobs around that time. I didn't realise I had given them the wrong details until I just reviewed the form now.

Last week I got a letter from them stating they were refusing my claim on the basis of the following. This is an exact copy of what they have written - ~I don't even understand it as it seems to make no sense:

First bit does make sense but is factually wrong.

"In your complaint you feel you were:

given misleading or inaccurate information about the policy"

The second bit which is confusing:

"We have identified that your application for PPI was submitted post. At this point of applying for PPI, as no advice was given the process required you to select the specific type of cover required. In addition we conducted a review of the documentation you viewed during the sale. We are satisfied that the documentation presented accurately described the scope of the policy, and was sufficient to provide you with all of the information necessary to inform you of the terms and conditions of the policy.

As a result we are unable to uphold your complaint"

So - I didn't fill in the form. The girl that stopped me on campus filled in the form - I signed it and that's all I remember.

Is it likely they are just fobbing me off ?

Should I take it further with them, SAR them or just go to them ombudsman ?

Any pointers ?

Thanks

Hamish.

If it were me I would challenge them direct. FOS will take an age.

Point out their inconsistencies and that they could not possible have investigated this properly otherwise they would know that it was not a postal application.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Hi All,

I recently put in a PPI claim from Barclaycard as they sold me a PPI policy on a university campus in 1996. I was under the impression that this was too long ago to claim. I basically told them that the girl who sold it advised me to take it out as it would mean I would have a better chance of getting the card. I had the card for about 10 years and for a long time had a balance of around 11k.

So I put the claim in with the following reason in Section E of the form

"The sale took place on the campus of Leeds University. It wassuggested verbally that if I took the insurance then the application wouldhave more chance of being successful. At the time I did not know this would nothave been the case and am horrified to think I was misled in this way"

A couple of weeks later I got a call from Barclays who said that they just wanted to confirm some details about who I worked for when I had the card. I mistakenly gave them different details to the ones on the form as I was going back to Uni as a mature student and changed jobs around that time. I didn't realise I had given them the wrong details until I just reviewed the form now.

Last week I got a letter from them stating they were refusing my claim on the basis of the following. This is an exact copy of what they have written - ~I don't even understand it as it seems to make no sense:

First bit does make sense but is factually wrong.

"In your complaint you feel you were:

given misleading or inaccurate information about the policy"

The second bit which is confusing:

"We have identified that your application for PPI was submitted post. At this point of applying for PPI, as no advice was given the process required you to select the specific type of cover required. In addition we conducted a review of the documentation you viewed during the sale. We are satisfied that the documentation presented accurately described the scope of the policy, and was sufficient to provide you with all of the information necessary to inform you of the terms and conditions of the policy.

As a result we are unable to uphold your complaint"

So - I didn't fill in the form. The girl that stopped me on campus filled in the form - I signed it and that's all I remember.

Is it likely they are just fobbing me off ?

Should I take it further with them, SAR them or just go to them ombudsman ?

Any pointers ?

Thanks

Hamish.

Its a fob off as you suspect. Spend 10 quid on a SAR getting as many of the old statements as you can and search your house and attic to find any you have. Complete the spreadsheets provided on the site and put in your claim to FOS. I've just got mine back after B/C said I had no claim its their standard delaying tactic

Hi

Thanks for the quick response - I just called them and the woman I spoke to was very helpful. It turns out that as I was a full time student I shouldn't have had PPI at all, something I never knew and would seem to strengthen my case. She also had no idea why they called me when the information they were seeking was plainly on the complaint. The complaint now goes back to be looked at again which is good news. I'll keep you all posted.

Hamish

• 3 weeks later...

Wow.

Barclays have refused my claim again despite my status as a full time student at the time of the application.

Spoke to the person on the BC helpline who advised me to go to the FOS.

:mad2: