Income & Expenditure form

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4026 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi again.

I've been paying off my Natwest credit card at an agreed £5 a month for the last year and this is now up for review. Natwest have asked me to complete an I&E form. I know that I'm not legally obliged to do this, but if I refuse can they get nasty and insist that I up my payments?

I'm now working part-time, but still owe money all over the place and things are very tight. I could probably stretch to £10 a month and am willing to offer this, but I do object to filling out the I&E form.

Thanks

It's standard practice for any creditor to request an I&E form simply to ensure that your offer of payment is fair and reasonable. Any debt advice charity will tell you to send one. So long as £5 is fair I can't see why any one would take issue with supplying one.

if you refuse they *could* decide to take things further.

Unless your income has risen, you can argue with the massive increase of priority bills and utility bills, you can now only afford to pay them £2.50. We are constantly being told about recession, triple dip and austerity measures. Reflect this in your next I&E form and guess what, most of it is down to the greedy banksters (Which Natwest helped create) - That'll teach 'em

The Banksta Buster.

:-x :-x

The budget sheet should be an accurate representaton of your true outgoings - certainly fuel, foodetc has increased - just be mindful that there are guidelines that are deemed as reasonable for the majority of outgoings - as such a budget sheet can be rejected if some of the figures are excessive.

Hi again.

I've been paying off my Natwest credit card at an agreed £5 a month for the last year and this is now up for review. Natwest have asked me to complete an I&E form. I know that I'm not legally obliged to do this, but if I refuse can they get nasty and insist that I up my payments?

I'm now working part-time, but still owe money all over the place and things are very tight. I could probably stretch to £10 a month and am willing to offer this, but I do object to filling out the I&E form.

Thanks

Natwest send me one of those "review" letters every six months, I have 5 now. I haven't sent them a thing and they have finally adjusted the "minimum payment" section of their statements to reflect what I am paying them.

I genuinely think it's just a ruse to get you to phone them. You really shouldn't pay them a penny more than you can afford.

Good luck.

They can also reject it if they regard it as excessive. I sent one to a DCA who claimed I should be spending x amount on groceries. Yet wherever I looked online the amount given were far higher than they claimed. In fact, what they claimed a family of five should be spending was less than what was given in the CAB website for just our 3 children!

I&E's should NEVER be sent to a fleecing DCA

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I&E's should NEVER be sent to a fleecing DCA

dx

Funny you should say that. Just a few minutes ago I opened yet another letter from BCW claiming they can't agree to my offer without it filling in. I'm ok with that :)

we don't know the background of the debt

until I do, I always bolt the door

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

as said we do not know the history of lee's debt

until I do, I always advise bolting the door.

dx

and they

If Nat West agreed to £5 per month without seeing an I&E account I can see no problem not sending one now. If income has gone up and can be guaranteed in the near future, 12 months then I would offer more, put it in percentage terms say 20% more. If income not gone up or cannot be agreed but look to reduce it, stating rises in priority bills.