style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4053 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi didnt know where to ask for some advice my issue is.

i live in home a new build 2 years old that came with a garden shed .. now a window in the shed was smashed by local kids and i called my housing association to have it repaired which they wont, they say it was gifted to me when i moved in. which is fine its of very poor quality and i would gladly replace it with a better one. but they informed me i cant remove it as its their property, yet they wont do any repairs now its worse for wear due to all the snow we had etc so any idea what i can do .. the thing is cheap and frankly crap yet i cant remove it and they wont fix it ..i am not fixing it as that would be just throwing money away ..they claim ownership of it yet wont maintain it so my hands are tied till the roof collapses.

i contacted my local council but they can only deal with private landlords not housing associations

hi didnt know where to ask for some advice my issue is.

i live in home a new build 2 years old that came with a garden shed .. now a window in the shed was smashed by local kids and i called my housing association to have it repaired which they wont, they say it was gifted to me when i moved in. which is fine its of very poor quality and i would gladly replace it with a better one. but they informed me i cant remove it as its their property, yet they wont do any repairs now its worse for wear due to all the snow we had etc so any idea what i can do .. the thing is cheap and frankly crap yet i cant remove it and they wont fix it ..i am not fixing it as that would be just throwing money away ..they claim ownership of it yet wont maintain it so my hands are tied till the roof collapses.

i contacted my local council but they can only deal with private landlords not housing associations

That's ridiculous. I can understand them not taking action against their own housing management department(they can't enforce on themselves), but not taking action against a housing association? Unacceptable. That said, I don't see a statutory nuisance or a risk to health. Enforcement may not be a go-er.

Hi hades8840

You are in the correct place so the Housing Association say the Garden Shed was gifted to you but you cant remove it as it is their property.

Well I am sorry they cant have it two ways it has either been gifted to you or it is the housing association property therefore their responsibility for any repair and maintenance.

Please check your Tenancy Agreement first to see what it says about the Garden Shed and any other documentation you signed on moving into property.

Which Housing Association?

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

well it will become a risk to health when it the roof falls on someone already has signs of mold and water damage..its made of chipboard covered in cheap felt it wasnt designed to put up much of a fight against the elements

Hi hades8840

You are in the correct place so the Housing Association say the Garden Shed was gifted to you but you cant remove it as it is their property.

Well I am sorry they cant have it two ways it has either been gifted to you or it is the housing association property therefore their responsibility for any repair and maintenance.

Please check your Tenancy Agreement first to see what it says about the Garden Shed and any other documentation you signed on moving into property.

Which Housing Association?

whitefriars based in coventry in the west midlands..i remember signing my agreement and it stated that the property came with a shed,a water butt,a compost bin and a rotary drier ..unsure if that was on the actual agreement or a seperate page..problem is i have no idea who to speak too in regards of sorting this they have tied my hands as to my options i really dont feel like paying out to have it repaired would be more beneficial to have a better one there

i found my tenancy agreement and the second sheet that i had to sign it lists the items ie shed etc on there doesn't state any where whose responsibility it is ..i checked their tenants hand book doesnt state in there anything to do with sheds or out buildings either does say that i am responsible for fencing border plants grass cutting etc which would be normal maintenance anyway but nowt anywhere on sheds etc

Hi hades8840

Title your letter Official Complaint this way they must follow there complaints procedure and it also has to be logged.

They have not tied your hands on this as they have provided you with no evidence that this item was gifted therefore I suggest writing to the housing association and request clarification as to why they will not repair the Garden Shed which is an out building to the property which is the housing associations property.

you also require the following:

1. Copy of Documentation signed to say Housing Association had gifted this Out Building and any repairs are Tenants legal responsibility.

2. Copy of which Policy and Procedure on Gifting property i.e. Garden Shed.

3. Copy of Complaints Policy and Procedure.

4. Copy of Repair Policy and Procedure.

Due to the condition of this Out Building I would also like to request that a Clerk of Works attends to inspect the condition of the Out Building.

Always keep a copy of letters you send and always get proof of posting.

Wait and see what they say

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group