• Tweets

• I'm still pondering/ trying to find docs re the above issue. Moving on - same saga; different issue I'm trying to understand what I can do: The lender/ mortgagee-in-possession has a claim v me for alleged debt. But the debt has only been incurred due to them failing to sell property in >5y. I'm fighting them on this.   I've been trying to get an order for sale for 2y.  I got it legally added into my counterclaim - but that will only be dealt with at trial.  This is really frustrating. The otherside's lawyers made an application to adjourn trial for a few more months - allegedly wanting to try sort some kind of settlement with me and to use the stay to sell.  At the hearing I asked Judge to expedite the order for sale. I pointed out they need a court-imposed deadline or this adjournment is just another time wasting tactic (with interest still accruing) as they have no buyer.  But the judge said he could legally only deal with the order at trial. The otherside don't want to be forced to sell the property.. Disclosure has presented so many emails which prove they want to keep it. I raised some points with the judge including misconduct of the receiver. The judge suggested I may have a separate claim against the receiver?   On this point - earlier paid-for lawyers said my counterclaim should be directed at the lender for interference with the receiver and the lender should be held responsible for the receiver's actions/ inactions.   I don't clearly understand that, but their legal advice was something to do with the role a receiver has acting as an agent for a borrower which makes it hard for a borrower to make a claim against a receiver ???.  However the judge's comment has got me thinking.  He made it clear the current claim is lender v me - it's not receiver v me.  Yet it is the receiver who is appointed to sell the property. (The receiver is mentioned/ involved in my counterclaim only from the lender collusion/ interference perspective).  So would I be able to make a separate application for an order for sale against the receiver?  Disclosure shows receiver has constantly rejected offers. He gave a contract to one buyer 4y ago. But colluded with the lender's lawyer to withdraw the contract after 2w to instead give it to the ceo of the lender (his own ltd co) (using same lawyer).  Emails show it was their joint strategy for lender/ ceo to keep the property.  The receiver didn't put the ceo under any pressure to exchange quickly.  After 1 month they all colluded again to follow a very destructive path - to gut the property.  My account was apparently switched into a "different fund" to "enable them to do works" (probably something to do with the ceo as he switched his ltd co accountant to in-house).   Interestingly the receiver told lender not to incur significant works costs and to hold interest.  The costs were huge (added to my account) and interest was not held.   The receiver rejected a good offer put forward by me 1.5y ago.  And he rejected a high offer 1y ago - to the dismay of the agent.  Would reasons like this be good enough to make a separate application to the court against the receiver for an order for sale ??  Or due to the main proceedings and/or the weird relationship a borrower has with a receiver I cannot ?
    • so a new powerless B2B debt DCA set up less than a month ago with a 99% success rate... operating on a NWNF basis , but charging £30 to set up your use of them. that's gonna last 5mins.... = SPAMMERS AND SCAMMERS. a DCA is NOT a BAILIFF and have  ZERO legal powers on ANY debt - no matter WHAT its type. dx      
    • Migrants are caught in China's manufacturing battles with the West, as Beijing tries to save its economy.View the full article
    • You could send an SAR to DCbl on the pretext that you are going for a breach of your GDPR . They should then send the purported letter of discontinuance which may show why it ended up in Gloucester and see if you can get your  costs back on the day. It obviously won't be much but  at least perhaps a small recompense for your wasted day. Not exactly wasted since you had a great win  albeit much sweeter if you had beat them in Court. But a win is a win so well done. We will miss you as it has been almost two years since you first started out on this mission. { I would n't be surprised if the wrong Court was down to DCBL}. I see you said "till the next time" but I am guessing you will be avoiding private patrolled car parks for a while.🙂
    • It is extremely disappointing that you haven't told us anything about the result of the hearing. You came here at the very last minute and the regulars - all unpaid volunteers - sweated blood trying to get an acceptable Witness Statement prepared in an extremely short time. The least you could have done is tell us how the hearing went, information invaluable for future users. Evidently not.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Charity Collectors Dirty Tricks

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4013 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I live in a block of flats which are mostly elderly people. 2 weeks ago somebody pressed the intercom button and said " Hi I am from skype, buzz me in". I never let anybody into the block without first checking out who it is, so I went down to the door to find that he was in fact a charity worker from Scope.

I declined to give him my bank details and closed the door. As I started to walk back up the stairs, the bottom door was opened as he had used the same false tactics to gain entry on an 87 year old single lady in one of the other flats. there where two young chaps about 18 years old trying to make there way upstairs, I asked them to leave at which point one said he did not have to leave as he has been invited in by the elderly lady (using the same false Skype terminology to gain false entry).

I put my arm out to block their way to the staircase at which point he informed me that if I touch him he would call the police and report me of assault.

So I thought I would play him at his own game and blocked the staircase with my body and told him that if he touched me I would report him for assault. At this point, he pushed me in the chest and was verbally abusive.

Fortunately my wife came out after hearing the altercation and I told her to phone the police which she did.......sadly I would have been better off calling the local infants school, they would have been more help.

The operator had to try 3 different numbers to get anyone to answer( this was a 999 call), and when the police finally answered they said they would send someone out, well they must have got lost as 2 weeks on and we have still heard nothing.

I made a complaint to the Scope head office and spoke to a chap called Brendan Delaney who said he would check with the agency that they use to get these collectors "re-trained" and would phone me back later that day or the next day at which point I left him with my phone number.

After 2 days and no contact from Scope, I decided to phone them again and when I spoke to Mr. Delaney he said he had tried to phone me back but he must have taken my phone number down wrong ;).

He informed me that the agency had talked to the 2 collectors who has given a totally different story to me, well two 18 year old mates wouldn't tell porkies would they?

I don't agree with the bullying or the lying to gain entry to vulnerable people with the intention of extracting bank details and because of this appalling behaviour by so called charity workers who get a rather good percentage of the first years contributions of the Direct Debit details they sign up, we are now not allowing any door to door sellers or Charity collectors on our property.

Edited by greigster
typo

What a terrible story. There are a couple of follow up things you should do. Firstly write to the chief constable at your area headquarters and tell him about the lack of interest in a 999 call, make it a recorded delivery letter.

Secondly, send an email to the CEO of Scope with the full story.

[email protected]

Let us know how you get on please.

Due to the serious nature of the incident, falsely claim they are a different company to gain access to vulnerable peoples properties to get bank detail the two individuals were still operating on behalf of Scope a disabled charity who seems not interested and believe the aggressive teenagers.

As well as reporting this to scope I would be inclined to also consider reporting this to the Charity Commission: http://www.charitycommission.gov.uk/About_us/Complaining/Complaint_about_a_charity_index.aspx

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

To collect door to door a company needs a licence from the local council, telephone your local licensing dept , check if they had a licence and also make a complaint, most licensing officers take this sort of thing very seriously and in many cases will refuse an application in the future

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

Here is a reply to the Email I sent to the CEO of Scope, Richard Hawkes.

He mentions that as discussed previously with colleagues, the two teenagers had been suspended where as in my phone conversation with his colleague it was suggested that they believed the two teenagers and not me. There was no mention of the two being suspended. :-

Dear Mr greigster,

Thank you for contacting me.

I am very sorry to hear about your experience. The behaviour you describe is completely unacceptable. As my colleagues have discussed with you, the fundraisers were immediately suspended from the field after we spoke with you whilst we investigate.

We closely monitor our agencies and expect them to adhere to the highest possible standards in line with the code of conduct as set out by the Institute of Fundraising. This kind of fundraising is an extremely important way of engaging with our supporters and recruiting new donors to raise vital funds for our work with disabled people and their families.

Thank you for getting in touch. We will use your complaint as an opportunity to learn and to improve how we fundraise. I have discussed this with our Director of Fundraising and he will ensure that this is taken forward.

Best wishes,

Richard

He doesn't seem overly upset by it, a bit of an 'oh well' attitude.

We don't give to charity except our local hospice and the air ambulance, we are of the opinion the majority of so called charities are set up to make someone a nice living and the work they do comes second.

Its nice the Scope CEO responded to you personally instead of delegating it. Its also nice to see that the two fundraisers were suspended, which will affect their income and will probably mean they won't be asked to do any more work for their agency. Personally I think justice has been done and they took the complaint seriously, well done Scope for taking action and well done you for following up.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Along with making all the complaints above, I would be VERY tempted to give this story to your local paper, that will often get the desired result, as no charity wants bad publicity, not nowadays!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

He doesn't seem overly upset by it, a bit of an 'oh well' attitude.

We don't give to charity except our local hospice and the air ambulance, we are of the opinion the majority of so called charities are set up to make someone a nice living and the work they do comes second.

Exactly my thoughts, He seems to dismiss what seems to be quite a serious episode as if my concerns were just a bit of a nuisance to him and although he pays the minimum attention to some facts that I outlined to him, it looks as though he has more important things to do than address genuine facts made in my complaint.

His reply was a bit of a non event and he comes across a not really caring too much about what goes on under the guise of Scope fund raising.

I have had worse responses from heads of charities when taken to task over their use of marketing companies for their fundraising. One case involved fraud and forgery but the charity said that in these financially straitened times they wont be doing anything about it because they need every penny they can get. they evn had the nerve to say that I shoulnt be upset that one of their marketeers had filled in false documantation, forged signatures and made phone calls to a fictitious number to claim that a recording of consent was made for a direct debit instruction.

As you say, police not interested, even if you have the written and recorded proof and bank wont refund monies without police crime involvement.So, if you are a charity, crime does pay because no-one will take action against those you employ at arms length.

in these financially straitened times they wont be doing anything about it because they need every penny they can get..

Of course they do, they can't do without their beer.

Edited by Conniff

I donate to my local church by monthly standing order but there is no way I will be donating to any charity by direct debit whilst the top executives are creaming off excessive emoluments right down to the teenage agency workers who receive a large chunk of the first years direct debit payment, using whatever false claims to gain entry to people especially the more vulnerable members of the public.

From now on I will only give to those that can prove that the majority of the funds get to the point where they are best used to directly help, which wont include the CEO`s in their ivory towers or kids trying to increase their beer and weed funds

Thank you all for your informative replies.

I don't know that the suspension part was truthful because when I had to call this Brendan Delaney chap back due to him not taking my number down correctly, his suggestion was that the two teenagers did not tell the same story as me and he certainly gave me the impression after talking to the agency who in turn had talked to the two boys, that they believed them and disbelieved me in which case why would they suspend them.

I wont donate a penny to any Charity that uses the aptly named "Chuggers"

The tactics the Chuggers use are disgraceful, and I am amazed their harassment and tactics don't lead to assaults on them from outraged victims.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I did not know that was what they are called.

In this day and age when we are being ripped off left right and centre by people who want our personal details for hacking into our bank accounts or any other illegal activity, by using identity theft, these charities authorise agencies to employ what appear to be kids knocking on doors with the sole aim of gaining access those that may be more vulnerable than most with the intention of extracting a signature that will authorise money to be taken from their accounts, which was exactly what was being attempted as stated in my original post, in that case to an 87 year old lady. But hey, at least those at the top of the pecking order, those authorising such tactics will still be taking a very large salary.

By the time these "Chuggers",The agency employing them, Heads of collection departments, PA`s and the chief executives at the top of these Charities have all had their cut, I bet the amount of our hard earned money that finally reaches those that need the help, is minuscule.

It would be interesting to know the salary of the chap in charge of Scope along with his expense account. I wonder if he does any voluntary work?:roll:

If you have a complaint at some time in the future, then put the name in the subject as well, that way it will be on Twittter and Facebook and show up in Google and everyone will know exactly who you are talking about.

It's only when it has some affect on them will they do something about it.