style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2987 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

my wife bought a dress via the Hennes/H&M website for £15.

She input her card and address details then confirmed purchase as you do when buying online.

2 months later the dress was sent out.

Then we received shortly after a store card bill for the item.

Now I've checked to ensure my wife didn't do something stupid and sign up for a store card and she hadn't.

My wife rang up to pay over the phone only to be told they don't accept card payments and she needed to go to a post office and pay the bill.

She didn't do this straight away and H&M sent another letter about 2 weeks later applying interest and late payment charges.

To cut a long story short she didn't pay this bill and she's told them she wants them to write to her to confirm that no credit agreement exists.

Instead they wrote again applying more interest and late payment fees.

Then started sending threatening letters and have now transferred the debt to a debt collector who is harassing us with letters.

We then rang H&M again who told us this is a mistake and they will recall the debt and send a letter confirming what's happened and that the original payment of £15 is due.

6 weeks on we've just received a threatening letter from a new debt collector.

Do I have a case to sue H&M for anything?

Like harassment etc?

Opening a credit agreement in my wife's name without her consent?

Most of these companies automatically open an account for you when you order from them, don't thinki you can sue them, she should have paid the money when they asked and then it wouldn't have got to late payment etc etc . seems like 6 of one and 1/2 a dozen of the other or a breakdown in communication between the retailer and your wife. Seriously just pay the money and don't order from them again is the easiest way. As for the debt collection agency you know what you can say to them don't you.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.