• Tweets

• @BearLake1   I have a similar PCN from the same place. I've just received 'Letter Before Claim' today. I wonder if you are able to share your reply to CVS? Did you send your reply by email or mail?   Thanks!
    • Will this work?   I disupte this debt because, Firstly i only ever used my phone via wifi, there was never a notification regarding usage and data. The rules regarding roaming usage has changed,  the default was illegal and was disputed. This matter is between O2 and myself.   The debt purchaser has yet to provide any or all of the required documentation.
    • Hi all   Wow, do I have a situation to contend with now! I shall include as many important facts as needed.   I have received a solicitors letter today, by instruction of MY PARENTS claiming they are beneficially entitled to a property I purchased in 1999.   This property belonged to my Grandad who sadly passed away in 1993. He had hand written a will, not witnessed by anyone, leaving the property to my Mother and not his Son. Of course my Mothers Brother wasn’t happy with this and contested it which ended up in court. This dragged on for a long time, it could have been years? Until it was decided the house be sold and money divided equally. From memory I think the legal feels were around £30k ish.   At this time my parents didn’t have jobs and I was able to obtain a mortgage in 1999 and after going on the market purchased the house for £50k as it needed a lot of work. At the time I was very close to my parents and it felt a good thing to keep the house in the family circle as such (like cars sometimes) but was obviously in my name as the owner. I paid the mortgage and utilities on it and it sat empty for ten years whilst deciding what to do, more my Mother not wanting anyone to touch it and change memories.   The council kept writing to me until eventually said it would be a forced sale if nothing done with it. I then obtained additional borrowing to fund the complete renovation and then rented it out with the idea if it reducing the mortgage. Around the same time and during the crash I manged to buy another house needing work, by using equity on first as a deposit and a mortgage on the new house.   My parents would always refer to the 1999 as my house although this felt awkward. A few years along the way (2010/1/2) my Dad purchased their council house at a reduced rate.   I moved out of my parents home in 2014 and into the second house once it was all modernised, which since the relationship with parents has just deteriorated a lot. Arguing about lots and them saying I need to ‘sign the house back over to them’ on more than one occasion.   To fast forward, the tenants moved out of the property recently and my parents found because as creepy as it sounds, I think they used to drive by or watch them. The signing back over has been demanded recently to which I said was ridiculous etc…   Today I get this letter with 29 paragraphs and crux of which being to transfer to property, with vacant possession and mortgage free, to them and in addition any surplus rent from the previous ten years!   The letter is full of lies my parents have told the solicitor such as:   I lived with them rent free in lieu of paying the mortgage They paid all the utility bills and council tax They paid for and carried out most of the work back on the house in between purchase and 2008 when renovated My Father dealt with the letting agents recently and I ‘merely’ signed the tenancy agreement   There was a time, as my parents have always been high maintenance, I had written something for my Mum to say although I own the house, morally it belongs to her as probably thought it would help the relationship. A copy of this has been included, although I think looks slightly different to what I had printed and also says…about asking their permission to sell it and they could move in if they ever wanted, I really do not recall saying that! This piece of paper I refer to has no date or signature.   My goodness, this has completely knocked me for six. Its like history repeating itself!   I have checked with Eon, Council tax etc… so far and all have been in my name and paid for by me.   The letter also says ‘the facts of this case are familiar to you and you ought not to require any further enquiry’ which almost is like the solicitor knows this is all hearsay/BS and no proof? Also that I should respond to the claim within 28 days. The letter was also not recorded in case it makes a difference.   Another paragraph says advises my parents 'have a strong claim that I am holding the property on trust for them absolutely by way of constrictive trust and/or proprietary estoppel' I have no idea what this means!   One thing I should point out, I used to be very much in my parents bubble, asking them for advice, wanting their approval, very much lacking confidence in awareness of my own abilities. It is since I have started thinking for myself they don't have the hold on me their behavior  have become worse.   What are your thoughts please? I really have no idea what to think!   Many thanks in advance as always   E!
    • So I got a phone call on Saturday on my private mobile phone. This call was from Moriarty law ...I had sent my PAP docs back with no e mail address or phone number ...they said they had used a tracing company to find my details ....I have since called them and put in a complaint that they have breached GDPR regs ..they have now suspended any action pending a full investigation. The agent who called me was not very bright to say the least ..he wanted me to make an offer of payment even though as I told him it was only an allegation that I owed the money as ADCB had not sent the original paperwork back..... he then told me that they could take me to court even if I had not got a copy of my signed credit agreement ....I basically told him to jog on ...I'll let you all know the outcome of Moriartys GDPR breach investigation .
    • or should I sent a copy of Ericsbrother's template  ?    Please help!     Unfortunately for you, I was not born yesterday so I will not be paying the demand as there is no liability in this matter because the signage is prohibitive and not an offer of a contract so none has been breached and anyway the POFA limits any charge to the specified sum so your demand for £160.00 is nonsense. As VCS (Vehicle Control Services Ltd) has been spanked at court on this very same thing several times before I suggest that you discontinue this foolishness. Should VCS decide to continue then I shall be asking for a full costs recovery order for unreasonable behaviour and then seek damages for the breach of the DPA/ GDPR as per VCS V Philip, Liverpool CC Dec 2016. Even Will and John, the parking world’s worst solicitors seem to have got fed up with Simple Simon’s stupidity and greed and presumably that it why you are wasting your ink on his behalf.
  • Our picks

lee79

DCA adding costs to Ann Summers debt - was a party planner

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2326 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Just a quick question regarding what a DCA can and cannot add to a debt.

We received a letter today as a debt has been passed onto STA International.

As well as the original debt there is an extra £63.83 for 'Collection Costs'.

This seems a little ott just to send a letter.

Are there any guidelines as to what they can add to the debt?

Thanks Lee.

Unless it is specifically stated in the Original Agreement, then no additional charges can be added

You should send them a "prove it" letter in the first instance, if they have no right to collect the debt, then they have no right to add charges

Hope this helps

If you feel that this site has helped you in any way please leave a donation if you can afford to do so.

If you feel that have been helpful please feel free to tip the scales.

The large print giveth, but the small print taketh away. ~Tom Waits, Small Change

Please note: i am not a qualified lawyer, any advice is offered in good faith and is based on my own and others experiences and a penchant for research and a desire to help others to empower themselves

As above.

Some original agreements state that it MAY cost you if the oc has to employ a 3rd party Dca to recover the debt.

I'd get in touch with the OC and make arrangements with them to pay and ignore the 2 bit DCA.

It never rains but it pours...

whats the debt all about?

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Sorry for the delay,this debt is actually my sister in laws so had to wait.

it's an Ann Summers debt as she was a party planner(?).

She used the little she was making by putting it back into ordering things to top up her things that she already had.

Things were going well so she could keep on top of it but then it got a little slow and it all caught up with her.

Now she doesn't work for them anymore.

that explains the low bottom feeder dca then.

have you got all the statements?

is it on her cra file?

what agreements has she signed over the years?

dx

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

She kept on top of the statements, there's nothing questionable about the amount owed.

The rest I will check, especially the paperwork as the person who was in charge of her wasn't exactly a stranger to cutting corners.

that's a std if/but threat-o-gram

dx

spreadsheets 

That's what I was thinking but don't they usually use 'if' and 'maybe' in their wording?

instructed means the same.

instructed, does not mean they will

nor that they have the legal right to do so

or the case

pers i'd let it ride.

dx

spreadsheets 

Thanks for setting me straight :) Also, their clients are not even the debt owners.

Send them a letter with "Admin charge for reading letter £25.00"

We wish :) Imagine if we could charge for that.

Another few questions.

Should I ask them to prove the collection fee is valid through her agreement with AS?

Also, as this is not a loan type debt how are these DCA regulated?

Thanks Lee.

pers i'd not enter letter tennis

ignore them

as for their 'rules'

they are in a world of their own,

dx

spreadsheets 

pers i'd not enter letter tennis

ignore them

as for their 'rules'

they are in a world of their own,

dx

If she ignores them though what is to stop them from returning the account back to the owners then the owners just getting in with court proceedings?

have you done post 8 stuff?

and how much is the debt?

pers I doubt anyone will do anything.

dx

spreadsheets 

Hi - she has sent an offer of repayment via email as per the letter. To date this has been ignored. I think the debt is for around £360.

don't pay a dca that's for sure

you need to findout who owns the debt

I bet its still with AS.

is it on here cra file at all?

and how old is the account ...

dx

spreadsheets 

Care needed with the solicitors Hadfields of Welling Kent nasty reputation as has STA.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Needing some more advice please.

she has decided to try and come to some sort of arrangement however we are only a few emails into things and the lies have started!!

she sent an email detailing her situation, this was not passed onto the person dealing with the account.

She sent another email with a copy of the previous email.

She received a reply saying that the email had not been passed to the person dealing with the account and an I&E form to complete.

This was completed and returned.

She then got an email today claiming she had not been in contact so sent a complaint.

She was then contacted by the person dealing with the account who stated

a)the she had not sent the I&E form (she had, it's still in the sent box) and

b) that she had not even opened the email that contained the form.

This is a false.

She also asked for a breakdown of the costs involved and was given 'for being passed to us' as the reason.

Can I also ask.

How are these companies regulated?

I'm used to dealing with DCA's trying to collect for outstanding loans but do these ones differ or can she still complaint to the OFT

and take the complaint to the FOS after 8 weeks?

Thanks Lee

why are you negotiating with them at all?

IS this on her CRA file?

no DCA has ANY LEGAL POWERS

they ARE NOT BAILIFFS.

if she does owe money

CONTACT AND PAY AS

IGNORE THE DCA

and NLY A JUDGE

has any right to demand her PERSONALL FINANCIAL DETAILS.

dx

spreadsheets 

I appreciate where you're coming from however, if she does ignore the DCA would AS be in their right to then just say right, we'll take you to court then? I think that's her major worry.

no.

dx

spreadsheets