council tax, earnings, arrestment, scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4021 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I have council tax arrears going back about 2 years. I was in employment with an agency and the sherriff officers charles anderson arrested my wages. My employer paid the full amount requested. However charles anderson contacted my employer again, with a rude letter stating that they did not receive the payment, and that my employer had a responsibility to pay and that they would be liable for payment if they didnt deduct it from my wages. I contacted charles anderson again and explained that my employer had already made payment and later I received a letter from charles anderson saying that they had found the payment in their unallocated file. Dont ask me why my payment was in an unallocated file and why they had misplaced it because I had all reference numbers etc correct. I lost my job with my employment because they could not be bothered with the harrasment from charles anderson.

To my disbelief a couple of months later (todays date)I received another arrestment order which is sent to same previous employer who I am now not with, this was for the other years arrears ( they had applied to the court for both years at the same time) I am in receipt of job seekers allowance and have a council tax rebate so why on earth have they applied to my previous employer if they know that I am in receipt of benefits and not working now. They have totally ruined me for ever getting a job with my previous employer again.

Please help. They have pushed me into unemployent and are still ruining my chances.

Hello and Welcome,

I've moved this thread to the appropriate Forum.

Regards,

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

It is not uncommon to have separate Summary Warrants issued for different years of council tax arrears, as this is Stautory debt councils have every right to go down this route and then serve Wages Arrestment Schedules. Had you still been employed the two arrestments would have been conjoined, meaning that the same amount of money would be deducted each month and the funds released would service two accounts as apposed to just one.

As for the fact that you are now on benefits, it is possible that the Sheriff Officers have simply acted on the information they held on record as they would not have information relating to benefits if not updated by the local authority.

I hope this information is of assistance, although I appreciate it may not be what you wanted to hear.

Edited by Crocdoc
  • Haha 1