• Tweets

• example You have an aged parent/grandparent, with compromised immune in a separate household You have children, with children which you help with to school and after school - in separate households all at work none on furlough Your other half (second partner) has the same   Want to count how many 'laws' you are breaking by assisting with grandchildren from 2-4 different households, alongside two aged parents in two separate households   Let alone the pair of you then seeing each other Let alone actually seeing any of your friends .. Let alone the other members of your family seeing each other   ... Unless you all go on a fox hunt or grouse shoot that is
    • Your supports mean to me a lot. What I have realised is money can’t buy happens and I have made a mistake which I have never done it before. I don’t save that much money and looking a job at the moment. As long they can send a letter to where I can collect it then I don’t mind but I’ll call them tomorrow.   you have been supportive and May Gold help you too. Thank you 🙏🏽 
    • so all in all you failed to reply to all the court letters? and you got them all well in time to do so? and the last thing you did was write to TfL before you ever got the court letters?   if i were to sum this up.... you have got off extremely lightly here!!   you knowingly bought a fake 16+ card on the black market and fraudulently used it some 128 times to travel for free at the expense of the public purse.    if we were to break that down into its best possible picture... that means for 25 WEEKS (almost 6mts) you fraudulently used it to travel backwards and forwards to wherever ...5 days a week.   you got off VERY lightly!!   we have seen people fined £1500+ for less usage of a fake card. you were very very lucky not too be charged with the more serious offence of multiple fraud.   sorry but i don't think you have anywhere to go with this and doing anything bar arranging payment ASAP once you get the judgement letter , will result in a far greater punishment.   you should have come here months and months ago then we might have been able to have helped, and p'haps gotten an out of court settlement but it would have been the same sum i expect.   but if i were to again be totally honest here had you come here and asked for help..and the result was £370 fine , i would view that as a good win for us too.    
    • See what dx says, you may need to contact the court.   I understand you're upset but it's not the end of the world. Why didn't you go to the court two days ago?   HB
    • I’m living with my friends now and looking a job. The only address I can give them is the one reside now but how would I communicate with TfL. I’m really shaking now and not how should I not think about this situation.   My previews house mates used to tell me if I received letters when they used to live there but there are no longer reside there.
  • Our picks

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2783 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have a question regarding retainers and how it affects the length of service for calculating redundancy pay.

I was employed originally on a retainer and commission only salary for 3 years and 2 years 2 months ago was employed full time at which point the retainer and commission wage stopped and I went on a monthly salary.

Would my employment have started when I was first paid a retaining fee or would it be at the point where I was given a salary?

Thanks

"Retainer" is not really a standardised employment term; it can mean a few different things! Can you please tell us how your contract described it?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

That is where things get tricky. I was never given a contract (none for when I was working on commission only and none when I was taken on salaried despite me constantly asking for one). I was paid £433 a month (just under the maximum where I would not have to pay any tax or NI) as the retainer then they were taking the full tax and NI off of my commissions. I had no other employment

Well, them taking off the tax suggests employment... not a 100% guarantee mind you.

Have you had a redudancy quote from them yet?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

No not yet but knowing the way they work they will be working on the 2 years figure. I have heard through another member of staff that redundancy is being considered so just trying to find out where I stand before it all kicks off

There's usual;ly time between getting the number and actually leaving so don't panic... we'll be around for advice when you get the letter. Assume you will be working off the worst case scenario as you may need to take legal action for the balance...