Southampton Row Bus Lane PCN

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4002 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As many others I've also fallen foul to this mo'fo!

Basically, it was a genuine mistake, I was following the TomTom and wasnt looking properly, it said to turn left and I looked up n for some reason followed the black cab onto that lane, thrn it was an OH! SH1T! moment. tbh, I hardly used the lane. however, you may disagree.

anything I can do? Heres the video link

pics of PCN also attached

Thanks

2evgumo.jpg

2h3suit.jpg

From the CCTV, you appeared to of turned into the bus lane when confronted by a stationary van. Fair cop IMHO.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

Well we always advise on appealing a PCN within the discounted period as you have nothing to loose but I'm not sure what grounds to suggest. As a matter of interest, where did you join Southampton Row?

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

Well we always advise on appealing a PCN within the discounted period as you have nothing to loose but I'm not sure what grounds to suggest. As a matter of interest, where did you join Southampton Row?

Please Note

I got on to that road from Tavistock place.

As well as this, someone on another forum was stating that I could you dispute it on the basis of one of the exceptions stated on the traffic order

5.1 The restrictions specified in article 3.1 do not apply if;

5.1.1 the vehicle is in the bus lane only to such extent and for so long as is necessary to enter or exit a side road or for it to access or leave premises adjacent to the bus lane;

As well as this, someone on another forum was stating that I could you dispute it on the basis of one of the exceptions stated on the traffic order

5.1 The restrictions specified in article 3.1 do not apply if;

5.1.1 the vehicle is in the bus lane only to such extent and for so long as is necessary to enter or exit a side road or for it to access or leave premises adjacent to the bus lane;

I should try something else. The CCTV footage clearly shows that not to be the case. You need to find something wrong with the signage or something but I've had a good look around on street view and I can't see any problems on that score.

Please Note

The PCN is wrong and missleading as the front correctly states the procedure but the back refers to the 'parking' ticket procedure in that it talks about a 'Notice to owner' something you never get if you are in a bus lane. It also states that if you write in and appeal within 14 days then they will hold the discount and re-offer it but doesn't state 14 days of when? It also says it was recorded on an approved device which is incorrect approved devices are not used for bus lanes they are used for parking it should be a prescribed device.

The PCN is wrong and missleading as the front correctly states the procedure but the back refers to the 'parking' ticket procedure in that it talks about a 'Notice to owner' something you never get if you are in a bus lane. It also states that if you write in and appeal within 14 days then they will hold the discount and re-offer it but doesn't state 14 days of when? It also says it was recorded on an approved device which is incorrect approved devices are not used for bus lanes they are used for parking it should be a prescribed device.

THANK U SOOOOOOO MUCH!!! :-)

So shall I just write to them and give the reason simply that you've included NTO procedure which doesn't exist or need to write with technical jargon such as including any rules or regulations?

I sent this. Is it ok?

To whom it may concern. I am appealing the PCN because the PCN that was issued is misleading and incorrect.

I shall elaborate:

On the back of the PCN under "How to challenge", the procedure of representation is incorrect and misleading. It states that the procedure of when Parking Ticket PCN is served rather than a bus lane contravention because it mentions a NOTICE TO OWNER being served, something that is never served in a bus lane contravention.

Hence, I feel the PCN is unenforceable due to these errors and request you to please cancel the PCN.

Thank you

Regards

I sent this. Is it ok?

To whom it may concern. I am appealing the PCN because the PCN that was issued is misleading and incorrect.

I shall elaborate:

On the back of the PCN under "How to challenge", the procedure of representation is incorrect and misleading. It states that the procedure of when Parking Ticket PCN is served rather than a bus lane contravention because it mentions a NOTICE TO OWNER being served, something that is never served in a bus lane contravention.

Hence, I feel the PCN is unenforceable due to these errors and request you to please cancel the PCN.

Thank you

Regards

Hi Jamran please let me know how you appeal went as i also have the same pcn and same letter where they have apparently messed up on the back about how to challenge i have 5 days to appeal as ive only received the letter now

thanks

Hi Jamran please let me know how you appeal went as i also have the same pcn and same letter where they have apparently messed up on the back about how to challenge i have 5 days to appeal as ive only received the letter now

thanks

Got a reply from them:

Dear Mr

Thank you for your correspondence received on the 18/04/2013.

I am currently investigating your case, but have requested further information in order to make a decision on the validity of the Penalty Charge Notice. As soon as this information becomes available, I will consider all aspects of the case, and inform you in writing of my findings.

I have placed the case on hold and the charges will not increase during this time.

Yours Sincerely

Mr V Kujundzic

Customer Support Officer

Got a reply from them:

Dear Mr

Thank you for your correspondence received on the 18/04/2013.

I am currently investigating your case, but have requested further information in order to make a decision on the validity of the Penalty Charge Notice. As soon as this information becomes available, I will consider all aspects of the case, and inform you in writing of my findings.

I have placed the case on hold and the charges will not increase during this time.

Yours Sincerely

Mr V Kujundzic

Customer Support Officer

Last time i had a letter response like the one you have received I got off the PCN (fingers crossed) I have sent mine off now and based it pretty much on the same lines as yours. Lets hope its good news!

• 2 weeks later...

Good news guys!! They cancelled it!!

Thanks for all your help guys especially green_and_mean !!

Dear Mr

Thank you for your letter received on 07/05/2013. This Penalty Charge Notice was issued because the above vehicle was observed being in a bus lane. However, after investigating the case and taking into account the contents of your correspondence, I have decided to cancel the Notice.

The vehicle was seen in a bus lane which operates from Mon - Sat 7 - 10 am and 4 - 7pm. Members of the public are not allowed to drive in this restricted stretch of road. I must advise you that there are advance warning signs in place to advise motorists of the approaching bus lane and as such provide sufficient time to merge into the unrestricted lane. I am satisfied that these signs conform to the Traffic Regulations and General Directions 2002. Furthermore, I must remind you that as outlined in the Highway Code, it is the driver’s responsibility to make themselves aware of any restrictions that are in force and drive accordingly.

However having consulted the evidence that I have available in relation to this case, I am not satisfied that the correct statutory process was followed when the Postal Penalty Charge Notice was issued. Therefore, I have taken the decision to cancel the Notice on this occasion.

I trust this draws this matter to a satisfactory conclusion. No further action is required from you.

Yours Sincerely

Mr V Kujundzic

Customer Support Officer

Good result and on this occasion, I have to say well spotted by G & M. I suggest the OP clicks on his star. The unfortunate thing is though, you can be sure they probably won't make the same mistake in future.

Please Note