Faulty Audi sold by Dealer in Surbiton area

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4029 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I bought an Audi A4 (2004 model, automatic transmission) for £3400 today. This is my first car in the country and I have never had an automatic car before this. I made the full payment and started to get back home. On way I realised that the PRNDS lights were flashing. I had no idea what was it but then googled about this on web. It seems that there is a big issue with the transmission and people who had this problem before were actually advised not to drive the car (even though it operates fine) as the car is not considered to be fit for driving with the lights flashing!

I immediately called the dealer to explain the problem. He offered me to visit their mechanic on Monday (tomorrow is Sunday). I asked him what happens if there is something is wrong with the transmission (as I read on the web) and incurs a big cost. To this he said that he was not liable to anything. This made me surprised as he sold me the car just 2 hours ago!!

I believe that he knew this problem already and has sold without telling me. In fact I also asked him before purchasing if he was aware of any technical problems to which he said No. I also said that I dont want the car as it seems to be a problem and if he could take it back. He said he cant take the car back either.

Please advise the best possible way out of this. I am worried that this could cost me a huge money! The posts I read said somewhere around £1400.

Best regards

Saurabh

Hello and Welcome,

I've moved this thread to the appropriate Forum.

Regards,

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Sounds like he's pulling a fast one. Give him one more chance ( in writing) to sort things out, or you will head to small claims court. Can i ask if this person is a dealer or a regular person who is selling his car?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Sounds like he's pulling a fast one. Give him one more chance ( in writing) to sort things out, or you will head to small claims court. Can i ask if this person is a dealer or a regular person who is selling his car?

Thanks. I bought it from a Dealer. How can I have a proof of what I have given him in writing? Also what should I do about road tax and insurance for this car? Should I wait for things to get sorted first before I buy insurance and roa tax or should I buy for one month now?

Sounds more and more like hes pulling a fast one. Write q complaint and send it by royal mail recorded delivery. You also should thino about getting trading standards involved.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

I think with your last post, we found out why the dealer is acting like he has. I think they best thing to do here is to call trading standards and tell them what is happening. It is doubtful, even after a complaint, that the dealer will do anything. Especially if he's one of the smaller "street dealers".

Thanks a lot for taking the trouble to guide me through. I just called this guy again and said that the issue was present at the time of sale and its not even been 24 hours that I bought the car. He said that he can't take it back as he has now put this on some 'sale log' and cancelling it would take 5 weeks...and he cant sell the car for the next 5 weeks then. He said he cant bear this cost just because we are not happy with the car. I said its not that I am unhappy but that you mis-sold the car and hid the facts.

He kept saying that he was not awre of any issues and its on me now to get it resolved and use my warranty with £500 limit. In short, he had denied from taking any responsibility and honoring any kind of refund or even replacement with another car.

I put the phone down saying that I will have to go another route now!! But he seemed to be calm and unaffected by everything I said.

Call trading standard's. Trust me. They deal with people like this every day.

I visited the dealer and after lot of arguments he has agreed to fix this problem and if he is not able to fix it he will return money.

He has given this in written. Car is with him now. Hope this should get fine. Will keep you posted.

I visited the dealer and after lot of arguments he has agreed to fix this problem and if he is not able to fix it he will return money.

He has given this in written. Car is with him now. Hope this should get fine. Will keep you posted.

:thumb:

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Thanks. I bought it from a Dealer. How can I have a proof of what I have given him in writing? Also what should I do about road tax and insurance for this car?

Should I wait for things to get sorted first before I buy insurance and roa tax

or should I buy for one month now?

You should have taxed and insured it before driving it on the road! watch out you dont get a fine through for that if the car is now registered with you

Edited by citizenB