Partial offer received from HSBC. What to do?????

udontknowboutme'
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6397 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:confused: Hi All,

Today I received 3 letters for each of our accounts making offers for partial refunds. We requested a refund of 2155 (they offered 1400), 1822 (they offered 1185) and 3232 (they offered 2000).

I'm really not sure what to do now...... Ideally we would like a full refund but I have this nagging feeling that if we go for it, we will end up with nothing. Have there been any occasions of this happening?

Some advice would be greatly welcomed!!

:cool:

Account 1(mine) & 2 (Joint)

01/09/06 Subject Access Request sent - Hand Delivered

8/09/06 Prelim letter issued

03/10/06 LBA sent recorded delivery

17/10/06 Partial settlement offered

18/10/06 MCOL Raised

21/11/06 - Settled in FULL!!!

Account 3 (Partners)

02/10/06 Prelim letter issued

18/10/06 LBA sent recorded delivery

27/01/06 MCOL Raised

I'm really not sure what to do now...... Ideally we would like a full refund but I have this nagging feeling that if we go for it, we will end up with nothing. Have there been any occasions of this happening?

I'm not aware of 1 instance. If you want a full refund you will have to file claims for each one.

everyone who sees it thru to the bitter end gets their settlement out of court.

that nagging feeling is just nerves regarding taking them on but u would absolutely win!

it would most likely go to mcol but thats fine, just charge them contractual interest on each account and u will do a lot better than their insulting offers. they will settle out of court as thats what they have been doing with EVERYONE!

you really would win so if i were u i would stick it out. i accepted their part offer towards the total amount and carried on my claim and now it is nearly settled. they are offering u way less than u are owed and its YOUR money, not theirs. its a flaming cheek to offer u only some of your own money. god i hate these banks lol.

take the offers if u want as u will have to hold out a few extra weeks but personally, i think it is well worth the wait.

think about it this way...

your claim is £7209 total and they are offering you £2624 LESS than that. thats a hell of a lot of money to let them keep. if u want to give that amount away im sure a charity would do better than the shareholders...

plus once its at mcol slap on the 16% contractual or the 8% and it will come to a lot more. could be a nice xmas pressie in ur bank accounts and wouldnt take much longer!

whatever u decide, good luck. xx

Kaz :)

HSBC

claiming £2749 (£3400 with court cost & 8%)

mcol acknowledge 25/09/06

DG requested breakdown 5/10/06

Breakdown sent to DG 12/10/06

Yes Car Credit/Direct Auto Finance

CCA request sent 18/10/06

Whilst my aim is to be helpful, its reasonable to assume I am not a professional and am (dare I say) not always right. Seek professional help if in doubt

:-D

:lol: If i have intentionally or accidently said something of relevance or use to you, please click the scales:lol:

"A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain". - Robert Frost

HI, Thank you for your response. I really want to continue the claim, the only thing that stands in my way is the fact that it's going to cost £360 in total to raise 3 seperate claims. We don't have that just laying about at the moment.

If I accepted the offer of £1185 where £1822 is requested and used the partial refund to pay for the court costs for the other two account claims, would that go against us if it went to court?

That would mean there would be an outstanding claim of £6333 (inc 8%) plus £240 court fees.

What do you think?

18/10/06 MCOL Raised

Account 3 (Partners)

27/01/06 MCOL Raised

no i dont think that would go against you. if anything it would show you let them off lightly in the first instance so are even more deserving of the rest in my opinion. if you wanted to make up for the loss of money by accepting one in part then maybe claim contractual in the 2 other claims. its either 16% or 24.9% but im not 100% which (think the higher is for being over overdraft limit). I have seen these figures in other threads regarding contractual but someone else could clarify the exact percentage for you.

otherwise, it is a fair whack to pay out but dont forget you do get it back from them when they settle. Also, you could just put one thru at a time when u can afford each one but thats up to you :)

you probably already know but when you claim more than once they will close the accounts with the standard 30 days notice so u would be well advised to have another account opened and ready to go with another bank if you dont already :D

best of luck

HSBC

Whilst my aim is to be helpful, its reasonable to assume I am not a professional and am (dare I say) not always right. Seek professional help if in doubt

:lol: If i have intentionally or accidently said something of relevance or use to you, please click the scales:lol:

"A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain". - Robert Frost

you can merge two of the accoutns together - as long as the claim total (not including the 16% or 8% interest) does not go over £5K. I have merged accoutn and currently have two MCOL claims going through - total amount £8.5K.

My advise if free and is worth exactly as much as you paid for it….

HSBC 28 Oct 2006 Personal accounts ~ Offered and accepted ~ £3514 :)

HSBC 15 Sep 2006 Business ~ Offered and accepted ~ £4980 :)

MBNA 7 Sep Offered and accepted £2290 - (my amount £1170 plus Compound Interest) using the "phone call method" :o

FREEWAY 28th Oct ~ offered and acepted £506 :)

TSB VISA MCOL £300 - court date 27th March 2007

Do they close the account before the refund?

18/10/06 MCOL Raised

Account 3 (Partners)

27/01/06 MCOL Raised

no they make those "commercial decisions" afterwards.

i foudn barclays easy to get a switch card account with and someone else said co-op are fab if your credit is poor but you can try anywhere.

£8.5k...wanna be my new friend? lol

HSBC

LOL I'm everyone's friend! Thanks for your advice. I think I'm gonna go for it one account at a time!

18/10/06 MCOL Raised

Account 3 (Partners)

27/01/06 MCOL Raised

Hi, I'm just about to file claims for the first two accounts...... I have a question. I checked my credit file with Experien and it seems quite good apart from my current accounts which show a number 1 for each month which means I am one month behind in entry. I don't understand how they can do this as I don't have a formal agreement to pay back a set amount to my bank and therefore, I can't be one month behind. They have obviously recorded this to show that I went over my overdraft limit for those months. Is this fair or right?

18/10/06 MCOL Raised

Account 3 (Partners)

27/01/06 MCOL Raised

that doesnt sound right to me. someone else needs to answer this for you but it dont sound right at all. in any case, i would argue that even if they are allowed to do this, late payments are due to their charges and therefore i would make the removal part of the refund claim. they will say no but will eventually cave in rather than go to court with it.

they may also try to tell u to do the 2 issues seperately but dont. make it with the repayment claim and refuse the money if it doesnt include the removal. also note how they offer to change it when u get to that stage.

make your wording clear that removing the black marks is all u will accept, not just some amendments.

hope that helps :)

HSBC

Thank you for your response. I didn't think it sounded right. They seem to make things up as they go along! Has anyone else experienced this or can provide some further advice?

18/10/06 MCOL Raised

Account 3 (Partners)

27/01/06 MCOL Raised

im messed up evey month with my account yet it doesnt show up on my credit report at all. i have marks against me with my hsbc credit card but that is an account....i didnt think current accounts worked on the same principle?? its not the same as a credit card or catalogue account, is it??

in any event, like i said, im always getting charged on my current account with hsbc and theres no mention of it in my credit report with experian or equifax

HSBC

That's funny. Why have they done it on mine then? i also have a flexiloan facility with them which does have an agreed amount to pay back each month. I haven't missed a payment and that is reflected in the credit report but the two current accounts show missed payments for nearly a year. I don't know how to deal with this, or what to actually put in the claim.

18/10/06 MCOL Raised

Account 3 (Partners)

27/01/06 MCOL Raised

ive just gone thru my credit reports again and there is no mention of my banking. theres only my credit card account coming up on there. i really dont know if they are allowed to do that. hope a mod or someone more knowledgeable can help with this.

if no one can help, pm a mod and ask them to look at ur thread

its awful they can ruin otherwise good credit scoring with their crap charges. grrr!

HSBC

Thanks for your help Kaz.

18/10/06 MCOL Raised

Account 3 (Partners)