used my mums account

fishfood1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4030 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello

please help.

my mum passed away 2008 and

last year I opened up an account in her name as I was sick of getting people still calling and sending things with her name on.

It was just see if it would allow me to

it did with a credit limit off £500. I just left it.

I used this account to see if would allow me to and it did

a pair of shoes and

a laptop all confirmed I couldn't believe how easy it was.

I also opened one up in my dads name he is 84 and they immediately gave him £1000 credit I could not believe it.

I ordered a laptop and at first it was accepted then rejected I closed account immediately.

after I had done this the laptop on my mums account was then rejected after having a delivery date

I had no intention of keeping the laptop I just wanted to see how easy it was to obtain credit this way.

stupidly I kept the shoes on mums account.

I received a letter from company to contact them about the account which I haven't as its in my mums name.

I have paid for the shoes so there is no outstanding balance and I've asked for the account to be closed down.

will they investigate further or just close the account

am going out my mind

I no it was stupid but I was so fed up still

now I get letters from companies in my mums name as if isn't bad enough dealing with loss.

i just still get very upset with the loss and when letters come through the door from catalogue companies

it brings it all back and i thought i would test them

now my nerves are being tested instead as i thought i could show them how rubbish there security was.

sorry for rambling i just so worried

You could draft a template letter that advises your Mother's death. Use the prepaid envelopes to send.

You could not open the letters, as they are usually pretty obvious as to who has sent them.. print on the envelope. Addressee deceased - Return to Sender. They will soon get the message and remove your Mother from their mailing lists.

I imagine it must be very distressing to receive letters so long after your Mother has died.. but you have already confirmed that what you have done is pretty silly and indeed criminal.

If you paid for the items you have had - I rather suspect that this might not go any further. Hopefully.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D