Allocation Questionaire - Now or Later???

lorrs58
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6392 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I would appreciate any advice!!

MCOL issued - HSBC to Defend. Received offer, but refused. We want the whole amount refunded. (Boy am I nervous!!!!) We have now recieved Allocation Questionaire, It has to be returned by 24/10/2006. should I send it back now or wait to see if there is another offer?.

Lorrs

Don't send the allocation questionaire in until the last minute. Did they transfer the proceedings to your local court? If so, you can get it in there just under the wire. How long ago did you turn down the offer? When it has had a chance to get to them (2 days) and a chance to get back to you again (2 days), I think I'd call the name and number at the top of the letter. Let them know you have received your a.q. and are working to a short deadline here, that you appreciate they have deadlines too but your are sure they want to avoid even more costs (the £100 you are going to have to add on to your claim should you not settle before you send in your a.q.), be polite but firm, let them know you will have to hear from them by the weekend. If nothing in the post on Thursday - call again. Leave same message if it's voice mail. Hopefully, you'll get a full offer very shortly. If you do have to send in the aq, there's a thread in the faqs telling you how to fill it in. Best of luck - they are running out of time with yours - that's why I'd try to move it along with a phone call.

Hi,

They haver got until Friday to review their offer. The proceeding have been moved to my local court, so I can file the Allocation Questionaire on Monday.

Thanks for the advice Laterlaus.

lorrs

if it comes to it and you have to file you could even file it by 4 pm to your local court on the deadline. And if it comes to it - read this thread from the libraries templates just to make sure you fill it in properly:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/11644-allocation-questionnaires-guide-completion.html

personally, if it isn't in the post tomorrow - i'd call dg - the name of the letter and let them know you are filing your aq shortly and wanted to give them a chance to make another offer before you do. maybe even have a fax number handy for them to fax you the offer, they could possibly even offer, fax and put it into your account within a very short time frame. good luck.

Thanks Lateralus, I will probably take your advice and call them tomorrow. I don't think my nerves will last out, so If I hear nothing by Friday I will lodge AQ on Monday, dare not wait while Tues in case I get knocked down going to the Court House or abducted by Aliens. Yeh!! O.k I am definately loosing it.

Thanks again

lorrs

Hi,

No contact from DG. Filed Allocation Questionaire today. Now we will just have to wait. I am sooooooooooooo nervous. What is the usual time scale for court hearing after AQ filed?. He's got his best Suit out (the one he got married in 10 years ago.)

lorrs

don't know - somebody help them out pleeze....

mine never got that far - got paid just before the aq was due. my thinking is - the offer may still come within the next couple of days - from what i've read, they really don't want to go to court - but if you hear from them, be sure to remind them that you will now require another £100 to halt your claim. i'm betting you will get your money long before anything else happens (i think the next point of communication would be the court telling you a date - but again don't panic as it shouldn't get that far)... keep updating.

and somebody else WHAT HAPPENS NOW THEY'VE FILED THE A.Q.?????????????